By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Short film: what if "gay" and "straight" were switched?

I was watching an american dad episode yesterday where the father of one of the gay couple said that beeing gay was wrong. It made me think: Why is it wrong? Cause the bibles says it? Because this type of discrimination wasnt an issue in ancient times. Actually the same thing is common with every species. I'm sure everyone seen dogs humping other males dogs in the street. Its hardly shocking.

Its funny cause i find this problem has its roots in religion as always. Religion claims salvation, but in thruth it does so much harm to give some semblance of rest to some. Its sad.

Around the Network

Regarding Basil's view that churches shouldn't be forced to do something they are against, I completely agree. However, in the UK, the government has promised that no religious institution will ever be forced to marry gay couples if they choose not to. Despite this, the main people arguing against it are still religious people (mostly from older generations), saying it enforces something on them they do not want. In other words, it seems to be impossible to appease the religious people (at least in this country).

Also, just a general question, seeing as the Queen is the only person in England with the power to pass laws (the House of Commons decides the laws they wish to pass but they have to get the Queen to actually pass them, she never declines for obvious reasons however) and the Queen is also the head of the Church of England. If the Queen was to pass a law saying that Church of England churches had to engage in gay marriage, would that be considered "right" in the minds of religious people? (This would effectively be the same as the Pope saying that all Catholic churches had to engage in gay marriage)

I actually don't like how they were not able to go away from gender roles.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

I hate this kind of logic. I won't watch the vid, I won't even give it a god damn chance. I'm no homophobe(I have a gay cousin but I love him like a brother) but I hate the gay community on the media in my community.

All these publicity about gay people in National Television. It's not confronting the problem, it's tolerating the problem and ignoring it. Gay people are sick people. They are humans and they don't deserve to be treated as lesser humans. The same goes for someone with physical impairments. Or rather a best example is someone with mental impairments. The only rule I believe in when it comes to sickness is, as long as their is a way to fix it, fix it.

Gay marriage is stupid. It brings nothing. Sure we may say, for companionship and such, but know this, you yourself have a responsibility to raise a family of your own once you choose this. Unless same sex can produce offspring NATURALLY then there is no way this will bring forth something fruitful.

I have met gay people, who have admitted that they are gay and are sick. At some point in time they managed to make mends with the mental situation they are on. They managed to channel all that negative situation in a positive way WITHOUT alienating or indoctrinating other people(mostly kids). I have the utmost respect for them. Transexuals and such? They are lost people who never got to terms with their problems. They just simply ran away from their problems and never recognized them. Probably blaming someone or themselves for not being born in the gender they truly wish.

PS: I'm no religious person

PullusPardus said:
curl-6 said:

Wide spread bigotry and discrimination against a group of people that numbers perhaps in the hundreds of millions, based on the way they were born, is not a "real problem," but bisexuals getting more dates than you is an internationl crisis? What a load of shit.

Yeah, I am in the minority, no one cares about the minority right? 

What minority would that be?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:

I hate this kind of logic. I won't watch the vid, I won't even give it a god damn chance. I'm no homophobe(I have a gay cousin but I love him like a brother) but I hate the gay community on the media in my community.

All these publicity about gay people in National Television. It's not confronting the problem, it's tolerating the problem and ignoring it. Gay people are sick people. They are humans and they don't deserve to be treated as lesser humans. The same goes for someone with physical impairments. Or rather a best example is someone with mental impairments. The only rule I believe in when it comes to sickness is, as long as their is a way to fix it, fix it.

Gay marriage is stupid. It brings nothing. Sure we may say, for companionship and such, but know this, you yourself have a responsibility to raise a family of your own once you choose this. Unless same sex can produce offspring NATURALLY then there is no way this will bring forth something fruitful.

I have met gay people, who have admitted that they are gay and are sick. At some point in time they managed to make mends with the mental situation they are on. They managed to channel all that negative situation in a positive way WITHOUT alienating or indoctrinating other people(mostly kids). I have the utmost respect for them. Transexuals and such? They are lost people who never got to terms with their problems. They just simply ran away from their problems and never recognized them. Probably blaming someone or themselves for not being born in the gender they truly wish.

PS: I'm no religious person

You know I'll believe the "marriage is only for procreating" argument when I see people protesting or looking down on straight people getting married with no intention of having any kids, when I see people frowing when two senior citizen decide to get married or when a guy marries his barren girlfriend and his friends and family shun him. Until then I'll just call bullshit on that argument.

Signature goes here!

PullusPardus said:
curl-6 said:
PullusPardus said:
TruckOSaurus said:
kber81 said:

silly silly film... right now there is so much push and homo propaganda in medias that I  feel really uncomfortable /as hetero/...

How hard it must be for you.

People think you're an asshole just by saying you are straight.

People stop talking to you because you dont have any "Pride"

People (and especially girls) start to hate you because they think you're closed minded for feeling uneasy around gay/bisexual persons

Being straight automatically means you're a douchebag, who likes to see women as sex objects, You cannot have an honest relationship without  people thinking you are cheating/being typical straight male that is a douchebag

Your girl will always think you are being unloyal unless you are bisexual, because bisexuals automatically are more "honest" 

If you have issues people will ignore because "You don't know how it feels"

If you actually want a stable relationship with one person people will doubt you, because thats totally not what straight people dp, and you end up very lonely since there isn't any person who will give a damn.

If you are straight no one will give a damn, if you are bisexual everyone wants to date you, if you are gay everyone gives you extra attention, if you are a transexual they treat you like a baby and give you compelete freedom. 

If you are straight it automatically means you're one of those annoying "God hates Homos" people , while in reality you don't hate anyone, and would just want to live a happy life, but people will think that way, because "you don't know how it feels"

I can go on and on, I am sorry, but I honestly hate how pretentious and annoying the "Support homos!" and "Women are superior! (femenism)" thing, when the media focuses too much on that and less about actual REAL Problems

Wide spread bigotry and discrimination against a group of people that numbers perhaps in the hundreds of millions, based on the way they were born, is not a "real problem," but bisexuals getting more dates than you is an internationl crisis? What a load of shit.

And what minority would that be, exactly?

curl-6 said:
PullusPardus said:
curl-6 said:
PullusPardus said:
TruckOSaurus said:
kber81 said:

silly silly film... right now there is so much push and homo propaganda in medias that I  feel really uncomfortable /as hetero/...

How hard it must be for you.

People (and especially girls) start to hate you because they think you're closed minded for feeling uneasy around gay/bisexual persons

Being straight automatically means you're a douchebag, who likes to see women as sex objects, You cannot have an honest relationship without  people thinking you are cheating/being typical straight male that is a douchebag

Your girl will always think you are being unloyal unless you are bisexual, because bisexuals automatically are more "honest" 

If you actually want a stable relationship with one person people will doubt you, because thats totally not what straight people dp, and you end up very lonely since there isn't any person who will give a damn.

If you are straight no one will give a damn, if you are bisexual everyone wants to date you, if you are gay everyone gives you extra attention, if you are a transexual they treat you like a baby and give you compelete freedom. 

If you are straight it automatically means you're one of those annoying "God hates Homos" people , while in reality you don't hate anyone, and would just want to live a happy life, but people will think that way, because "you don't know how it feels"

I can go on and on, I am sorry, but I honestly hate how pretentious and annoying the "Support homos!" and "Women are superior! (femenism)" thing, when the media focuses too much on that and less about actual REAL Problems

Me.

This may very well happen one day , 200/300 years from now. I'm neutral when it comes to gays. I really feel for what same sex couples miss out on by not having the opposite sex with them. there is so much to learn form the opposite sex, which in turn makes you learn more about yourself. I'd rather sit down with gays/lesbians and show them what they will miss out on and the hurdles they will have to go through. The only obstacle in the way of being straight is the attraction of the same sex. But if only everyone knew what love is and that physical attraction is just fooling the mind. Love has nothing to do with looks. Gays that say they are attracted to the same sex, if they can laugh and associate with the opposite sex, then a relationship is possible. They just need to understand what love is. Another big thing is confidence and self esteem. I thought i was probably gay cause i felt more comfortable around guys, but thats cause i was nervous around girls when trying to make a conversation and shy., having been in an all boys school. But then you have gays who love what theyre in and dont want the opposite sex. That's fine. But i'm just worried about the future and dnt think churches should have gay marriages and stuff like that only because i imagine a future where being gay/lesbian is accepted everywhere and in our lives, movies, music, comics, schoo teachings, churches, etcthat future generation of kids from as early as they can talk, would have have the idea same sex relationships being normal. Once it becomes mainstream by the time they are teens, believe a big percentage would be gays /lesbians. Imagine as kid seeing gays and lesbians holding hands, kissing, on billboards, tv, this stuff enters their minds at a young age and makes it normal. Imagine a few hundred years from now, that same sex relationships becomes a phenomenom, that gets passed down to next gen, birth rates have dropped significantly, more men have to start donating sperm to keep up with the rate of same sex female relationships to give birth, by then same sex would have taken over the new movie revolution era, tv, people in politics etc.. i know this is far fetched, but anything is possible.

PullusPardus said:
curl-6 said:
PullusPardus said:
curl-6 said:
PullusPardus said:

Me.

Aren't we all.