By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 20th April 2013

Its awful thinking the Wii U sales are probably lower. It's hard for me to believe there would only be 590k units on shelves globally. If each Gamestop, BestBuy, Target and Walmart all have 20 in stock (which isn't a lot at all. It's 10 boxes because 2 comes in a box and it would be 5 boxes of each basic and delux. My target has more than this for all systems) that means 370k on shelves just in 4 stores. There is still Amazon, Toys R Us, any store in Japan, and stores I don't know about in Europe plus smaller stores in US or Nintendo's own warehouses.

Around the Network
pezus said:
We're already seeing GoW: A outpacing Gears in the legs department. I expect that to continue for a while and GoW:A to overtake Gears again this year, unless Gears gets a bundle and GoW doesn't or an official price cut and GoW doesn't

Yeah and if we account for the undertracking in the US (NPD, GoW:A = 633K (with limited edition bundle) & GeoW:J = 620K) then God of War: Ascension at 664,729 is still actually ahead of Gears of War: Judgment at 658,955 and will start selling more each week in the US starting from next week as GoW:A had a big price cut on Amazon.com (as did Gears) but actually stayed at the #1 spot for about 3/4 days whereas Gears didn't come close and plus GoW:A has a less % drop each week. So God of War: Ascenson is doing better in USA, Germany, France and Japan. Gears of War: Judgment is only doing better in the UK. If Vgchartz ever update their US numbers, God of War: Ascension will overtake GeoW:J WW in 5-10 weeks.

It is highly unlikely GeoW:J will be bundled (even GeoW3 wasn't outside of the limited edition bundle), God of War: Ascension could be bundled with TLoU & Beyond Two Souls for the holidays, hopefully the PS3 has a price cut too as that will give all 3 games a huge boost.

zorg1000 said:
Zappykins said:
While both numbers are tiny. I never thought I would see the day where the Xbox outsells the DS in Japan, *by more than 7 times.*

It is still selling in other regions, or a perhaps a typo.

I belive DS costs more than 3DS in japan so that has alot to do with it and DS still sells pretty well in NA because it costs $99-129 and 3DS is $169-199

Ah thanks, I knew something strange had to be happening.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Bajablo said:
007BondAgent said:
3ds over ps3 in europe.. seems very unlikely

It's called that nintendo direct.

Have like 10 friends (live in europe) that went out and bought one directly after that.. i doubt that they were the only ones.

same situation but only one friend who after hearing about the new pokemon went out and bought one the next day just to wait to october lol. This is why the e3 situation doesnt matter as 3ds and wii u have one mission which is to sway and impress gamers not the press.

AshKetchum1992 said:
Vita below WiiU in Europe...What a flop...

You are right. You sound mad about my post stating Wii U floped hard. Sorry if the truth hurts. By the way I do not care about Vita, sorry try again.

Around the Network

Fire Emblem was released in Europe which is the reason for the boost for 3DS. I hope this pushes Fire Emblem past the million mark.

ErazorDJ said:
Injustice for WiiU fail.

Considering it's low install base, I don't think it did too badly (I'm sure Warner Brothers expected the game to sell more though).

Overall, I'm hearing good things about Injustice, I'm sure it'll have good legs all round :)

pezus said:
Otakumegane said:
Kresnik said:
Metallicube said:

Why is it so hard to believe? This is the VITA we're talking about, not PS3 or something.. Wii U at least has Monster Hunter and NSMB U. What does Vita have to bring in sales?

Check any of the previous posts in the thread discussing it.

See that's the problem here. You guys live in your own hole and do nothing to discuss poor Vita sales outside of the thread. Not fun.

Besides isn't it accepted by now that the thing's dead in the West at least? Or are you guys still hopeful about Killzone?

Considering that Vita sold more than WiiU in Europe in Q1, which one is currently more dead in the West?

Pretty obviously Vita because it has no massive big title it its future that can really drive sales. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Europe up

I wonder if ioi even tracked Injustice for WiiU this week in Europe.
Assuming he did, Injustice sold 3k or less, which wouldn't be too surprising though since the HD versions (and fighting games in general) aren't doing too well in Europe.