By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 20th April 2013

Otakumegane said:
Kresnik said:
Metallicube said:

Why is it so hard to believe? This is the VITA we're talking about, not PS3 or something.. Wii U at least has Monster Hunter and NSMB U. What does Vita have to bring in sales?

Check any of the previous posts in the thread discussing it.

See that's the problem here. You guys live in your own hole and do nothing to discuss poor Vita sales outside of the thread. Not fun.

Besides isn't it accepted by now that the thing's dead in the West at least? Or are you guys still hopeful about Killzone?

Considering that Vita sold more than WiiU in Europe in Q1, which one is currently more dead in the West?

Around the Network

Fire Emblem was released in Europe which is the reason for the boost for 3DS. I hope this pushes Fire Emblem past the million mark.

ErazorDJ said:
Injustice for WiiU fail.

Considering it's low install base, I don't think it did too badly (I'm sure Warner Brothers expected the game to sell more though).

Overall, I'm hearing good things about Injustice, I'm sure it'll have good legs all round :)

pezus said:
Otakumegane said:
Kresnik said:
Metallicube said:

Why is it so hard to believe? This is the VITA we're talking about, not PS3 or something.. Wii U at least has Monster Hunter and NSMB U. What does Vita have to bring in sales?

See that's the problem here. You guys live in your own hole and do nothing to discuss poor Vita sales outside of the thread. Not fun.

Besides isn't it accepted by now that the thing's dead in the West at least? Or are you guys still hopeful about Killzone?

Considering that Vita sold more than WiiU in Europe in Q1, which one is currently more dead in the West?

Pretty obviously Vita because it has no massive big title it its future that can really drive sales. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
pezus said:
Otakumegane said:
Kresnik said:
Metallicube said:

Pretty obviously Vita because it has no massive big title it its future that can really drive sales. 

I said currently. Systems can be revived. 

Systems aren't dead until developers stop making games for them regularly, and that's one area where Vita currently outshines WiiU easily. The defibrillator is coming in August I guess. Until then, all talk of the Vita being dead and not WiiU is hypocritical.

Around the Network

Europe up

Very weak Injustice sales in Europe

Decent Fire Emblem sales, I think. But, uh...what is going on here?

Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
Nintendo, Strategy
46,994 48,395 1

DS hardware still being overtracked in Europe and PSP undertracked. PSV likely slighly undertracked still there.

I wonder if ioi even tracked Injustice for WiiU this week in Europe.
Assuming he did, Injustice sold 3k or less, which wouldn't be too surprising though since the HD versions (and fighting games in general) aren't doing too well in Europe.

pezus said:
kowenicki said:
007BondAgent said:
Chandler said:
007BondAgent said:
3ds over ps3 in europe.. seems very unlikely

Your reasoning being?

this

3DS over 360 seems unlikely accoridng to that.

360 looks like about 22% to 3DS 18% and PS3 31% ish.

Europe market share.

3DS 17.5%
NDS 1.5%
WII 8.5%
WIU 4.5%
PSP 10.5%
PSV 5.5%
PS3 30.5%
360 21.5%

-gaf

So marketshare looks like this;

Sony 46.5%

Nintendo 32%

Microsoft 21.5%

PS: I like it ;)

Barozi said:
I wonder if ioi even tracked Injustice for WiiU this week in Europe.
Assuming he did, Injustice sold 3k or less, which wouldn't be too surprising though since the HD versions (and fighting games in general) aren't doing too well in Europe.

Seems he didn't track it at all.