By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 20th April 2013

Metallicube said:

Why is it so hard to believe? This is the VITA we're talking about, not PS3 or something.. Wii U at least has Monster Hunter and NSMB U. What does Vita have to bring in sales?

Check any of the previous posts in the thread discussing it.

Around the Network

Injustice for WiiU fail.

ErazorDJ said:
Injustice for WiiU fail.

release for wii u was one week later if im not wrong.

Kresnik said:
Metallicube said:

Why is it so hard to believe? This is the VITA we're talking about, not PS3 or something.. Wii U at least has Monster Hunter and NSMB U. What does Vita have to bring in sales?

See that's the problem here. You guys live in your own hole and do nothing to discuss poor Vita sales outside of the thread. Not fun.

Besides isn't it accepted by now that the thing's dead in the West at least? Or are you guys still hopeful about Killzone?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
Kresnik said:
Metallicube said:

See that's the problem here. You guys live in your own hole and do nothing to discuss poor Vita sales outside of the thread. Not fun.

Besides isn't it accepted by now that the thing's dead in the West at least? Or are you guys still hopeful about Killzone?

it's pretty dead.. 5000 NA sales? thats horrible, I was going to get a vita but seeing as sony is not supporting it i changed my mind. I hope the vita sales do pick up and sony steps up and takes it to sucsess

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
ErazorDJ said:
Injustice for WiiU fail.

release for wii u was one week later if im not wrong.

Only in the UK

Barozi said:

Only in the UK

yeah thx,  didn't recognize that in the usa chart

Otakumegane said:

Excuse me?  "You guys"?  Do you perhaps want to take another shot at that comment?

I've been discussing Vita sales in pretty much every single "Global Up" and "Japan Sales" thread for as far back as I can remember.  If you want to say something about some of the people in the Vita thread, feel free, but don't be accusing me of something that literally couldn't be farther from the truth.

And I don't see how that comment has any bearing on the post I made, either.  Previous posts in this thread have been discussing how Vita > Wii-U in Europe for Q1 from Nintendo's own information.  Hence why it's not obscene to question this week's numbers.  The two are close enough that they can chop and change every few weeks, but that doesn't mean that it's not questionable with a ~2k gap.

Yuck! While PS3 and XB360 are good for their age, the only really good is 3DS and the rest is less than meh. Sony and Ninty MUST do sometthing for Vita and Wii U.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Metallicube said:
Scisca said:
Another week, another 5k for Vita in NA. It's been the same for the last two months - VGC says 5k, NPD says 8k... Safe to say it's the same story this week.

Also, this Wii U thingy outselling Vita in Europe? I find it very hard to believe. There is no hope for Wii U until the Christmas window starts.

Damn, Sony better bring the price cut to the West fast and put some cash into marketing Soul Sacrifice here. This game has the potential to move a bunch of consoles and sell really decent, but so far the only thing Sony did was the awesome demo, which sold me on the game (already pre-ordered), even though I was really hesitant about it, but this can only affect people who already own the console and not potential hardware buyers.

Because http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4979143 is still the case. I think it's ridiculous at this point, that there is not a single store in my city that has a Wii U in stock. I haven't even seen a Wii U or a Wii U box in my entire life! On the other hand you can get a Vita in every store, you can play a demo unit, you get games translated into our language... This shows the attitude Nintendo and Sony has to the European market. If you ignore the market, you won't sell your product and you surely won't sell anything, if you don't even put it on the shelves xD

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.