By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 360 gap less than a million next week ?

walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
Jega said:

So there is now war. The press will make it look like that. And gamers feed off the press with their own articles and comments.

But there is no war. Microsoft is on a whole other level, Sony is just trying to stay in there because playstation makes money. To quit playstation would be losing money.

Not to Knock sony but it's the truth sony does not know what they are doing. They copied Nintendo with Playstation.

Tried to copy Microsoft with an modem add on for the ps2. Copied Xbox 360 with Gamer profiles achievements and online

Sony is and always will play catch up to Microsoft. I am not going to lie the Kinect was inspired by the Wii.

But look at playstation move it's a direct copy Sony never has been original. except with what they know best cd with playstation dvds with ps2 and bluray with ps3.

I am not here to put sony down just showing the truth and facts just look at their history to see that.

Nintendo has always stepped out and try something new and they have not always been successful but at least they tried something that nobody else dared to try.

Microsoft whole thing is all about online. Look at the Xbox 720 Microsoft is again treading into new territory with a possible always online console.

Microsoft looked at the success of the wii and copied. Yes all companies will copy success.

Microsoft started the trend with online gaming now all game consoles must have online or will look like a joke.

Nintendo started motion control gaming and now every console must have some kind of motion control or you will look out-dated.

What have sony bought to the table?

Once again not here to bring sony down but somebody please show me their contribution to our wonderful hobby.

what did sony bring? they pretty much made gaming cool in the 90's by bringing in mature games, if it wasn't for sony, gaming today would be a whole lot different

sony pretty much paved the way for hardcore console gaming and proved it wasn't just a childrens toy.

This could all be true but you totally missed Sega in your argumentation... Their consoles also appealed more to older gamers.

sega failed, big difference

Still they delivered a lot of very good games and many people had a lot of fun with their games and consoles. If Sony ever quits gaming, would you also didn't even mention it in 20 years? I doubt so.

same could be said for microsoft or nintendo

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
I thought there was "no war"? Yet, I see a certain someone continue to post otherwise.

Pfft, you clearly didn't see him repeating "not to knock Sony" did you?

CGI-Quality said:
I thought there was "no war"? Yet, I see a certain someone continue to post otherwise.

There is no war, just dropping some knowledge.

Gen is almost over anyways. PS3 will edge out 360 sales unless MS continues strong software support (unlikely, Judgement will probably be the last big title) and have a good price drop (likely with the rumored mini-360, but I don't care for rumors anymore at this point. Waiting for e3.) so even with a strong price drop PS3 will win in the long run with smaller price drops but further game support (GT6 anyone?)

But hey that's just my prediction. This is coming from a xbox fanboy (me).

At this point I'm content with what MS did - a fierce fight for second place and not losing by much at all in the long run. MS ended up with a good brand name, more support then the last XBox, and a real strong chance at the title next gen depending on how Wii U sales pan in the long run.

It's just that simple.

007BondAgent said:
walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
Jega said:

So there is now war. The press will make it look like that. And gamers feed off the press with their own articles and comments.

But there is no war. Microsoft is on a whole other level, Sony is just trying to stay in there because playstation makes money. To quit playstation would be losing money.

Not to Knock sony but it's the truth sony does not know what they are doing. They copied Nintendo with Playstation.

Tried to copy Microsoft with an modem add on for the ps2. Copied Xbox 360 with Gamer profiles achievements and online

Sony is and always will play catch up to Microsoft. I am not going to lie the Kinect was inspired by the Wii.

But look at playstation move it's a direct copy Sony never has been original. except with what they know best cd with playstation dvds with ps2 and bluray with ps3.

I am not here to put sony down just showing the truth and facts just look at their history to see that.

Nintendo has always stepped out and try something new and they have not always been successful but at least they tried something that nobody else dared to try.

Microsoft whole thing is all about online. Look at the Xbox 720 Microsoft is again treading into new territory with a possible always online console.

Microsoft looked at the success of the wii and copied. Yes all companies will copy success.

Microsoft started the trend with online gaming now all game consoles must have online or will look like a joke.

Nintendo started motion control gaming and now every console must have some kind of motion control or you will look out-dated.

What have sony bought to the table?

Once again not here to bring sony down but somebody please show me their contribution to our wonderful hobby.

what did sony bring? they pretty much made gaming cool in the 90's by bringing in mature games, if it wasn't for sony, gaming today would be a whole lot different

sony pretty much paved the way for hardcore console gaming and proved it wasn't just a childrens toy.

This could all be true but you totally missed Sega in your argumentation... Their consoles also appealed more to older gamers.

sega failed, big difference

Still they delivered a lot of very good games and many people had a lot of fun with their games and consoles. If Sony ever quits gaming, would you also didn't even mention it in 20 years? I doubt so.

same could be said for microsoft or nintendo

So you actually would leave out Sony in 20 years, if they quit their business? Also I was talking especially appealing to more mature gamers, that's still the topic.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
brendude13 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Of course, but like all flimsy arguments, it, admittedly, adds some entertainment when watching it trip over its own feet :)

If my points are what you say they are then why do you keep coming back to this thread and respond to my comments then.

Bristow9091 said:
Does this mean we can all go out onto the streets and dance in our underpants?

Isn't that what everyone has been saving their PS3 Underroos for?

Warning - once this is seen it can not be unseen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihEF4YsR0RQ

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

anyway Nintendo came back from 24 million with gamecube to over 100 million wii that's what I call a real comeback

and since the wii has outsold both ps3 and 360 that makes the wii the best console of the three.

With this logic that means ps3 is better than xbox 360

so there you have it.

Wii > PS3 > 360.

"rolls eyes"

Jega said:
anyway Nintendo came back from 24 million with gamecube to over 100 million wii that's what I call a real comeback

and since the wii has outsold both ps3 and 360 that makes the wii the best console of the three.

With this logic that means ps3 is better than xbox 360

so there you have it.

Wii > PS3 > 360.

"rolls eyes"

Who are you even replying to?

CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:
CGI-Quality said:
brendude13 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Of course, but like all flimsy arguments, it, admittedly, adds some entertainment when watching it trip over its own feet :)

If my points are what you say they are then why do you keep coming back to this thread and respond to my comments then.

Funnily enough, I didn't respond to you with this post, but sure, go with that. If you feel your judgment is right, then don't reply to me. Simple.

There I was right you can't help yourself you feel you have to respond to me each time LOL.