By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 360 gap less than a million next week ?

platformmaster918 said:
mii-gamer said:
Turkish said:

PS3 surpassing 360 and Wii matters a lot, its the console that was branded a flop 5 years ago.

PS2 is 13 years old and look how many nintendo fans argued that NDS surpassed the PS2, which it didn't, so yes PS3 surpassing both 360 and Wii within 3-4 years time is gonna matter.

It's like awarding sony the gold medal for crossing the finish lines. While competitors have already finished the race long time ago and readying themselves for the next competition, Sony just scrapes over to finish the race. Congratulations

nope.  More like Nintendo sprinted out to the lead and is crawling to the finish line now with only a few meters left, Microsoft got to the track first and is now seeing Sony, who started off at a powerwalk, jogging briskly up to catch them.  Meanwhile on another track a new competition is starting with another guy on the Nintendo team starting off at a steady pace while MS and Sony are stretching and still watching the other guys on their team.  If people will insist on sports analogies this is the most apt one I can come up with.

Pretty good analogy.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
All this talk about a one year lead, RROD and no mention of the other having brand awareness as well as an enormous marketshare.

the slate is wiped clean every gen.  Why would anyone care if they had a PS2 when they wanted HD gaming and there was no PS3 and then they heard that it would be $600 and could get 360 for half of that?  You really think a name would help any product overcome that other than Apple?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Skeeuk said:

ps3 will pass 360 in lifetime sales, and whilst you will be happier that microsoft has made more profit (non of which U recieve)

Sony on the other hand will release more and more games for thier systems including new ip's,

I'm sure you'd be a little happier to know a product you enjoy wasn't a complete financial disaster.

That's great, I'll likely play some of these new IPs on my PS3.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

enditall727 said:
Dallinor said:

There was a time when people cared.

It saddens me reading through old threads like that, seeing so many familiar posters with their own unique personalities and posting styles that are now gone or banned. All the avatars and sigs carefully chosen to reflect what a poster wanted to portray, now sealed away in the recesses of vgchartz, like virtual statues that collect no dust, only fade from memory with the passing of time into complete obscurity. Their accounts show only the history of a passing interest that at one point abruptly ended. Shining a light in there is like revisiting an old classroom as an adult you spent years in as a teen. You read a few posts and get a 'feel' for what the website was like back then, the topics, the predictions, the banter.

So much changes with time and so many forget.

Apologies for the melancholy rant btw, I'm in a weird mood.

yea i see what you mean about the older users. Like wtf happened to JoelCool?!

but people still do care but they are going to try to act like they dont while trying to pass off the illusion that ps guys are the only individuals who care about the subject.

Its funny because I remember people talking about the 360 surpassing the wii in the uk(or America) not too long ago but we will see..

So true.  I guess the majority of gaming sites will publish the news when it happens, just because "no one cares." 

meh ... Couldn't care less. Sony provided waves of great games for me throughout the years. That's good enough for me. I'm more interested in seeing 'the future' with them.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
ironmanDX said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
The PS3 is ahead of the X360. Let's discount the 360 sales before the PS3 launched, because the 360 cheated. In the head to head sales battle the PS3 has sold more systems than the X360. Since launching in Nov. 2006 the PS3 has sold 74.2 million systems to the X360s. 70 million systems. 4.2 million more PS3s have been sold in the last 6 and a half years.

You can't just delete a whole year to meet an agenda.....

Come on man.....

well let's be fair.  We'll delete PS2's first year and then compare to Xbox and GC also.  Oh...well that didn't help much

Not even sure if you're trying to contribute* or not...

Well like I said before time will tell. The PS3 may just pass the 360 in a few months but that will lead us right into the holiday season when 360s start flying off the shelves, so the 360 has the potential to take that lead back if they lose it.

Also you have to take into consideration a price cut a 4 gig 360 for $150 is an incredible deal.

And then there is the Xbox TV for $99 if that rumor turns out to be true will those count in as 360 sales even it is a stripped down version of the 360.

That's the beauty of the future you can never really be sure, heck 360 might just do the impossible and outsell the Wii.

Jega said:
Well like I said before time will tell. The PS3 may just pass the 360 in a few months but that will lead us right into the holiday season when 360s start flying off the shelves, so the 360 has the potential to take that lead back if they lose it.

Also you have to take into consideration a price cut a 4 gig 360 for $150 is an incredible deal.

And then there is the Xbox TV for $99 if that rumor turns out to be true will those count in as 360 sales even it is a stripped down version of the 360.

That's the beauty of the future you can never really be sure, heck 360 might just do the impossible and outsell the Wii.

360 has already blown its load. Microsoft has already moved on to the next-gen meaning they will have great titles at launch. Sony however is ending the PS3 with a bang. This year it still has The Last of Us, Beyond, Puppeteer, Rain, and a heavily rumored GT6. Meanwhile they will be doing the same price reductions as 360.

JoeTheBro said:
Jega said:

360 has already blown its load. Microsoft has already moved on to the next-gen meaning they will have great titles at launch. Sony however is ending the PS3 with a bang. This year it still has The Last of Us, Beyond, Puppeteer, Rain, and a heavily rumored GT6. Meanwhile they will be doing the same price reductions as 360.

It seems that way, but one thing I have noticed about Microsoft they do things very differently from Nintendo and Sony and they may do something unexpected

the 360 may have more life left than most think.

ironmanDX said:
platformmaster918 said:
ironmanDX said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
The PS3 is ahead of the X360. Let's discount the 360 sales before the PS3 launched, because the 360 cheated. In the head to head sales battle the PS3 has sold more systems than the X360. Since launching in Nov. 2006 the PS3 has sold 74.2 million systems to the X360s. 70 million systems. 4.2 million more PS3s have been sold in the last 6 and a half years.

You can't just delete a whole year to meet an agenda.....

Come on man.....

well let's be fair.  We'll delete PS2's first year and then compare to Xbox and GC also.  Oh...well that didn't help much

Not even sure if you're trying to contribute* or not...

I'm just saying eliminate the same advantage for both and you see the result.  Not that I'm saying either should be elimated just saying let's be fair about it.  Besides let's look at how that effected each one.  PS gets a year head start and they get 160m sold compared to their competition getting 24 and 21 million.  MS gets a year head start and they will end up third with one competitor beating them by a good few million and the other most likely doing so when all is said and done.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers