By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 360 gap less than a million next week ?

ironmanDX said:
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
dsgrue3 said:

I said that 70 million units sold is 70 million units sold, no matter if it's sold at a loss or a profit.

This fella is making a point some of you are chosing to ignore.

To the gaming industry Sony's or MS's revenues are their own internal issue.

The number of households that have adopted the console is what matters. Console numbers utlimately shows market penetration.

PS4 $0 at lauch confirmed.

DigitalDevilSummoner used "Market Penetration" it's super effective.

Around the Network

The PS3 is ahead of the X360. Let's discount the 360 sales before the PS3 launched, because the 360 cheated. In the head to head sales battle the PS3 has sold more systems than the X360. Since launching in Nov. 2006 the PS3 has sold 74.2 million systems to the X360s. 70 million systems. 4.2 million more PS3s have been sold in the last 6 and a half years.

ironmanDX said:
dsgrue3 said:

I said that 70 million units sold is 70 million units sold, no matter if it's sold at a loss or a profit.

This fella is making a point some of you are chosing to ignore.

To the gaming industry Sony's or MS's revenues are their own internal issue.

The number of households that have adopted the console is what matters. Console numbers utlimately shows market penetration.

PS4 $0 at lauch confirmed.

DigitalDevilSummoner used "Market Penetration" it's super effective.

DigitalDevilSummoner a new Pokemon in Pokemon X and Y confirmed.

I couldn't help myself.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
The PS3 is ahead of the X360. Let's discount the 360 sales before the PS3 launched, because the 360 cheated. In the head to head sales battle the PS3 has sold more systems than the X360. Since launching in Nov. 2006 the PS3 has sold 74.2 million systems to the X360s. 70 million systems. 4.2 million more PS3s have been sold in the last 6 and a half years.

You can't just delete a whole year to meet an agenda.....

Come on man.....

I was thinking...it would be totally fun if the Ps3 surpasses 360 unit's sold for a week (VGChartz will become madness), then somehow next week 360 sales are higher than Ps3 and they get to second place again. (Double-madness!)

Around the Network

The March 31 shipped figures revealed the PS3 had overtaken the X360. That must mean the PS3 has been under tracked and the X360 has been over tracked. Upcoming sales adjustments will reveal the truth.

pezus said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
The March 31 shipped figures revealed the PS3 had overtaken the X360. That must mean the PS3 has been under tracked and the X360 has been over tracked. Upcoming sales adjustments will reveal the truth.

Not sure where you got the PS3 figures lulz. The figures actually revealed that 360 has been undertracked, and we don't know the PS3 figures yet.

http://au.gamespot.com/news/ps3-overtakes-xbox-360-in-worldwide-shipments-report-6402214

shipment figures reported in january revealed 77 million PS3s had been shipped. 76 million X360s have been shipped. sales of system are usually within a million of the shipped figures. 

sales2099 said:
brendude13 said:

It's getting close now. It's about bloody time, I bet even Microsoft fans want it to overtake soon just to get it over with.

Our stance is to hold out til November :)

Microsoft will probably do something to extend the lead into 2014.

sales2099 said:

Its NOT that it doesn't count, its that people just won't care this late in the game.

Just go easy on the confetti and champaigne, because anybody celebrating would be celebrating lowering the bar.

How about not jumping the gun about not celebratingand wait until the PS4 and NextBox are actually released?  Next gen hasn't fully kicked off so the PS360 are still relevant consoles to over 100 million gamers. 

With your Halo avatar, I can understand why you want to act like this milestone means nothing but we're still not fully into next gen.  Even when we do reach next gen for all consoles, the PS360 still could still have the best games that aren't on next gen consoles, making the next gen consoles less relevant in comparison. If you care to remember, the 2006 PS2 line up mopped the floor with the 360s and the garbage PS3 line up.  2007 is debatable for PS2 or 360, and not at all debatable for the PS3.  PS360 finally took the reigns in 2008.

With the PS3 sales around 40-50,000 more than the 360 sales each week, we'll probably see the PS3 take the lead over the 360 and become second place before next gen truly kicks off, meaning before either the PS4 or NextBox release.  PS3 might already be ahead of the 360.  360 might just be overtracked or PS3 undertracked.

ironmanDX said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

You can't just delete a whole year to meet an agenda.....

Come on man.....

well let's be fair.  We'll delete PS2's first year and then compare to Xbox and GC also.  Oh...well that didn't help much

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers