By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 360 gap less than a million next week ?

platformmaster918 said:
ironmanDX said:
platformmaster918 said:
ironmanDX said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
The PS3 is ahead of the X360. Let's discount the 360 sales before the PS3 launched, because the 360 cheated. In the head to head sales battle the PS3 has sold more systems than the X360. Since launching in Nov. 2006 the PS3 has sold 74.2 million systems to the X360s. 70 million systems. 4.2 million more PS3s have been sold in the last 6 and a half years.

You can't just delete a whole year to meet an agenda.....

Come on man.....

well let's be fair.  We'll delete PS2's first year and then compare to Xbox and GC also.  Oh...well that didn't help much

Not even sure if you're trying to contribute* or not...

I'm just saying eliminate the same advantage for both and you see the result.  Not that I'm saying either should be elimated just saying let's be fair about it.  Besides let's look at how that effected each one.  PS gets a year head start and they get 160m sold compared to their competition getting 24 and 21 million.  MS gets a year head start and they will end up third with one competitor beating them by a good few million and the other most likely doing so when all is said and done.

Why eliminate anything... Sales are sales. That is fair. Thread title says PS3 360 gap, talk about the topic at hand. That is fair.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
platformmaster918 said:
ironmanDX said:
platformmaster918 said:
ironmanDX said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
The PS3 is ahead of the X360. Let's discount the 360 sales before the PS3 launched, because the 360 cheated. In the head to head sales battle the PS3 has sold more systems than the X360. Since launching in Nov. 2006 the PS3 has sold 74.2 million systems to the X360s. 70 million systems. 4.2 million more PS3s have been sold in the last 6 and a half years.

You can't just delete a whole year to meet an agenda.....

Come on man.....

well let's be fair.  We'll delete PS2's first year and then compare to Xbox and GC also.  Oh...well that didn't help much

Not even sure if you're trying to contribute* or not...

I'm just saying eliminate the same advantage for both and you see the result.  Not that I'm saying either should be elimated just saying let's be fair about it.  Besides let's look at how that effected each one.  PS gets a year head start and they get 160m sold compared to their competition getting 24 and 21 million.  MS gets a year head start and they will end up third with one competitor beating them by a good few million and the other most likely doing so when all is said and done.

Why eliminate anything... Sales are sales. That is fair. Thread title says PS3 360 gap, talk about the topic at hand. That is fair.

very well.  It's closing.  That's about all there is to discuss.  I think it'll be gone by the beginning of 2014 as both will match each other's price reductions.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

No way! That PS3 will fall under the mighty hands of the Xbox 360.

CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:

Surely a sarcastic post.

What if I am serious?

CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:
CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:

Surely a sarcastic post.

What if I am serious?

Then you'd be wrong, obviously.

Does really matter if I am serious or not?

There are just gaming consoles.

If the PS3 surpasses the Xbox 360 the world won't end.

If the Xbox 360 maintains it's lead over the PS3 forever the world still won't end.

If both companies decide to leave the business the world won't end.

New games will still come out on some platform wether it be PC or another gaming console.

Do you believe that if Playstation never existed we would'nt have all these games we have today.

Of course we would they would just be on another platform.

Playstation did not invent Metal gear, or Final Fantasy or Resident Evil those games were made by Game Developers not Sony.

Sony made the hardware. Sony did not make the games.

What matters are the games not consoles.

It's just that right now my choice for gaming is Xbox 360 why you may ask? Because of the Games.

Actually three games, Gears of war, Halo and Perfect Dark, that's it I can't play those games on PS3.

and I am not interested in any of the PS3 exclusives, therefore, I didn't buy a PS3.

So that's it man (GAMES) remember that, and stop taking this console thing so seriously.

Around the Network
Jega said:
CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:
CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:

Surely a sarcastic post.

What if I am serious?

There are just gaming consoles.

If the PS3 surpasses the Xbox 360 the world won't end.

If the Xbox 360 maintains it's lead over the PS3 forever the world still won't end.

If both companies decide to leave the business the world won't end.

New games will still come out on some platform wether it be PC or another gaming console.

Do you believe that if Playstation never existed we would'nt have all these games we have today.

Of course we would they would just be on another platform.

Playstation did not invent Metal gear, or Final Fantasy or Resident Evil those games were made by Game Developers not Sony.

Sony made the hardware. Sony did not make the games.

What matters are the games not consoles.

It's just that right now my choice for gaming is Xbox 360 why you may ask? Because of the Games.

Actually three games, Gears of war, Halo and Perfect Dark, that's it I can't play those games on PS3.

and I am not interested in any of the PS3 exclusives, therefore, I didn't buy a PS3.

So that's it man (GAMES) remember that, and stop taking this console thing so seriously.

You do realise CGI Quality is a PC fan primarily at present don't you?  He actually doesn't care that much about consoles and is eagerly awaiting Sony and Microsoft's next gen efforts to move the bar up.  He certainly wouldn't take it seriously though lol.

CGI-Quality said:
slowmo said:
Jega said:
CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:
CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:

Surely a sarcastic post.

What if I am serious?

*long post *

You do realise CGI Quality is a PC fan primarily at present don't you?  He actually doesn't care that much about consoles and is eagerly awaiting Sony and Microsoft's next gen efforts to move the bar up.  He certainly wouldn't take it seriously though lol.

It's even funnier that his advice is to not take things so serious.....with that type of post.

My post was serious because of the way you guys are, you pretend like you don't care, but you guys are taking things way to seriously.

It's probably because I am now much older I am about to be 32 years old, and I have matured so much and understand what is really going on.

I used to be into the whole console war thing just because, it was something to talk about everybody choosing sides and all.

But it has gotten stale and anyone that still believe there is a battle between Nintendo Microsoft and Sony needs to wake up and realize

there is no war. It may be hard to understand now because some of you might be really young but microsoft and sony or nintendo are not

competing against each other They are all doing their own thing Sony is just there with playstation trying to make a profit. Microsoft is on a whole

other level doing their online thing and Nintendo clearly has stopped competing as the refuse to play the technology game with sony and microsoft.

there is no war. whatever fears you guys may have are not grounded in reality.

Do you guys fear that sony microsoft or nintendo will end up like sega, not going to happen. Sega made there choice and Nintendo has survived this long when

everybody thought they would have been gone. and both sony and microsoft have deep enough pockets to stay around.

and like I said before if all three decided to call it quits somebody else would do it consoles will continue and games will still be made on some platform.

So there is now war. The press will make it look like that. And gamers feed off the press with their own articles and comments.

But there is no war. Microsoft is on a whole other level, Sony is just trying to stay in there because playstation makes money. To quit playstation would be losing money.

Not to Knock sony but it's the truth sony does not know what they are doing. They copied Nintendo with Playstation.

Tried to copy Microsoft with an modem add on for the ps2. Copied Xbox 360 with Gamer profiles achievements and online

Sony is and always will play catch up to Microsoft. I am not going to lie the Kinect was inspired by the Wii.

But look at playstation move it's a direct copy Sony never has been original. except with what they know best cd with playstation dvds with ps2 and bluray with ps3.

I am not here to put sony down just showing the truth and facts just look at their history to see that.

Nintendo has always stepped out and try something new and they have not always been successful but at least they tried something that nobody else dared to try.

Microsoft whole thing is all about online. Look at the Xbox 720 Microsoft is again treading into new territory with a possible always online console.

Microsoft looked at the success of the wii and copied. Yes all companies will copy success.

Microsoft started the trend with online gaming now all game consoles must have online or will look like a joke.

Nintendo started motion control gaming and now every console must have some kind of motion control or you will look out-dated.

What have sony bought to the table?

Once again not here to bring sony down but somebody please show me their contribution to our wonderful hobby.

Another thing PS3 may outsell the Xbox 360

but interms of online PS3 is way behind.

I mean lets get real the Wii has outsold everybody but would you come to the conclusion that the wii is better than ps3 or 360?

So there goes my point again hardware sales is nice but that is not everything.

If anyone thinks ps4 will have better online features than Xbox 720 that person is just letting the excitement of the ps4 blind there common sense

Online is what xbox has been about since day one and you can bet that sony will once again be catching up to Microsoft in that department.

I really hope sony is actually trying to come up with there own thing and not just copy all the time I am watching to see
sony do that. but I aint holding my breath.

Yes it happened, the new chart for 20th April shows it. If PS3 continues to outsell Xbox at this pace, then PS3 might just take the lead by the time PS4 comes out

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018