By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 360 gap less than a million next week ?

Jega said:

So there is now war. The press will make it look like that. And gamers feed off the press with their own articles and comments.

But there is no war. Microsoft is on a whole other level, Sony is just trying to stay in there because playstation makes money. To quit playstation would be losing money.

Not to Knock sony but it's the truth sony does not know what they are doing. They copied Nintendo with Playstation.

Tried to copy Microsoft with an modem add on for the ps2. Copied Xbox 360 with Gamer profiles achievements and online

Sony is and always will play catch up to Microsoft. I am not going to lie the Kinect was inspired by the Wii.

But look at playstation move it's a direct copy Sony never has been original. except with what they know best cd with playstation dvds with ps2 and bluray with ps3.

I am not here to put sony down just showing the truth and facts just look at their history to see that.

Nintendo has always stepped out and try something new and they have not always been successful but at least they tried something that nobody else dared to try.

Microsoft whole thing is all about online. Look at the Xbox 720 Microsoft is again treading into new territory with a possible always online console.

Microsoft looked at the success of the wii and copied. Yes all companies will copy success.

Microsoft started the trend with online gaming now all game consoles must have online or will look like a joke.

Nintendo started motion control gaming and now every console must have some kind of motion control or you will look out-dated.

What have sony bought to the table?

Once again not here to bring sony down but somebody please show me their contribution to our wonderful hobby.

what did sony bring? they pretty much made gaming cool in the 90's by bringing in mature games, if it wasn't for sony, gaming today would be a whole lot different

sony pretty much paved the way for hardcore console gaming and proved it wasn't just a childrens toy.

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
Jega said:

So there is now war. The press will make it look like that. And gamers feed off the press with their own articles and comments.

But there is no war. Microsoft is on a whole other level, Sony is just trying to stay in there because playstation makes money. To quit playstation would be losing money.

Not to Knock sony but it's the truth sony does not know what they are doing. They copied Nintendo with Playstation.

Tried to copy Microsoft with an modem add on for the ps2. Copied Xbox 360 with Gamer profiles achievements and online

Sony is and always will play catch up to Microsoft. I am not going to lie the Kinect was inspired by the Wii.

But look at playstation move it's a direct copy Sony never has been original. except with what they know best cd with playstation dvds with ps2 and bluray with ps3.

I am not here to put sony down just showing the truth and facts just look at their history to see that.

Nintendo has always stepped out and try something new and they have not always been successful but at least they tried something that nobody else dared to try.

Microsoft whole thing is all about online. Look at the Xbox 720 Microsoft is again treading into new territory with a possible always online console.

Microsoft looked at the success of the wii and copied. Yes all companies will copy success.

Microsoft started the trend with online gaming now all game consoles must have online or will look like a joke.

Nintendo started motion control gaming and now every console must have some kind of motion control or you will look out-dated.

Once again not here to bring sony down but somebody please show me their contribution to our wonderful hobby.

what did sony bring? they pretty much made gaming cool in the 90's by bringing in mature games, if it wasn't for sony, gaming today would be a whole lot different

sony pretty much paved the way for hardcore console gaming and proved it wasn't just a childrens toy.

Gaming has always been cool.

And that is what I mean by the press, I remember seeing that in the press (playstation makes gaming mainstream) or (playstation makes gaming cool)

News flash gaming was always cool.

Some of you guys werent even born yet these gaming systems called the supernintendo and genesis playstation was not even invented yet.

and gaming was cool then. what made gaming even bigger was technology.

Supernintendo and genesis were 2D machines it was when 3D graphics came out with playstation sega saturn and nintendo 64 when gaming became more mainstream.

3D graphics technology NOT playstation made gaming even more cool.

Did you know that games like resident evil wipeout and tomb raider came out for the sega saturn not just the playstation. So if playstation never existed

Sega saturn would have carried all those games. seeing as the sega saturn had both cartridge and CD technology in the system.

and with the dreamcast ps2 and xbox gaming became even more cool.

gaming has always been cool it just keeps getting cooler.

007BondAgent said:
Jega said:

This could all be true but you totally missed Sega in your argumentation... Their consoles also appealed more to older gamers.

thismeintiel said:
enditall727 said:
Dallinor said:

There was a time when people cared.

It saddens me reading through old threads like that, seeing so many familiar posters with their own unique personalities and posting styles that are now gone or banned. All the avatars and sigs carefully chosen to reflect what a poster wanted to portray, now sealed away in the recesses of vgchartz, like virtual statues that collect no dust, only fade from memory with the passing of time into complete obscurity. Their accounts show only the history of a passing interest that at one point abruptly ended. Shining a light in there is like revisiting an old classroom as an adult you spent years in as a teen. You read a few posts and get a 'feel' for what the website was like back then, the topics, the predictions, the banter.

So much changes with time and so many forget.

Apologies for the melancholy rant btw, I'm in a weird mood.

yea i see what you mean about the older users. Like wtf happened to JoelCool?!

but people still do care but they are going to try to act like they dont while trying to pass off the illusion that ps guys are the only individuals who care about the subject.

Its funny because I remember people talking about the 360 surpassing the wii in the uk(or America) not too long ago but we will see..

So true.  I guess the majority of gaming sites will publish the news when it happens, just because "no one cares." 

Most gaming sites think PS3 passed X360 some time ago (especially with that that 77 million number).

Lostplanet22 said:

Most gaming sites think PS3 passed X360 some time ago (especially with that that 77 million number).

Which highlights perfectly how incompetant videogame "journalists" actually are.

Around the Network

Here is the link to wipeout on the sega Saturn for those who think I am just talking:
http://www.ign.com/games/wipeout/saturn-2

So you see if playstation never came out we would still have metal gear final fantasy 7 tekken and all those other games on another platform.

Check out ign.com for more game titles if you don't believe me. Just type in the name of the game you want to check in search box to your top right.

Once again not trying to knock playstation as this applies to all systems.

Halo was scheduled to hit PC so even if xbox never existed the world would still know halo.

Microsoft didn't make halo, bungie did.

walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
Jega said:

This could all be true but you totally missed Sega in your argumentation... Their consoles also appealed more to older gamers.

walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
Jega said:

sega failed, big difference

007BondAgent said:
walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
Jega said:

sega failed, big difference

Still they delivered a lot of very good games and many people had a lot of fun with their games and consoles. If Sony ever quits gaming, would you also didn't even mention it in 20 years? I doubt so.

Jega said:
007BondAgent said:
Jega said:

Gaming has always been cool.

And that is what I mean by the press, I remember seeing that in the press (playstation makes gaming mainstream) or (playstation makes gaming cool)

News flash gaming was always cool.

Some of you guys werent even born yet these gaming systems called the supernintendo and genesis playstation was not even invented yet.

and gaming was cool then. what made gaming even bigger was technology.

Supernintendo and genesis were 2D machines it was when 3D graphics came out with playstation sega saturn and nintendo 64 when gaming became more mainstream.

3D graphics technology NOT playstation made gaming even more cool.

Did you know that games like resident evil wipeout and tomb raider came out for the sega saturn not just the playstation. So if playstation never existed

Sega saturn would have carried all those games. seeing as the sega saturn had both cartridge and CD technology in the system.

and with the dreamcast ps2 and xbox gaming became even more cool.

gaming has always been cool it just keeps getting cooler.