By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 360 gap less than a million next week ?

dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:

Not black and white.

Look below the surface. Profitability, past generation performance, time it took to achieve, next generation fully underway in November, people giving a s%&t. 

Im starting to find the amusment in you clinging to the bare essentials for the sake of your ideals.

You've expanded the argument to something it isn't. You responded to a post of mine saying that the "bare essentials" as you call them are obsolete, when in fact, they are the only concrete, objective metrics. 

kowenicki said:

I'm not spinning.

Just clarifying a post with a very relevant fact.  One sale is not neccessarily as good as another sale from a business perspective.  From a purely units sold persepective it may be. 

The PS3 would have sold more if it had launched at a lower price, yes?

Also, if they hadnt cut the price when they did, and sustained large losses, they would have sold less.  Its very simple.

Okay, but I'm not arguing this. I'm not sure if you've followed but this guy was the one who I responded to:

mii-gamer said:

It's like awarding sony the gold medal for crossing the finish lines. While competitors have already finished the race long time ago and readying themselves for the next competition, Sony just scrapes over to finish the race. Congratulations

I simply said his logic was bunk. sales2099 tried to use subjective arguments to refute the objective proof that mii-gamer's logic was bunk.

You are clinging to a sales number like a child now, absolutely refusing to look at it beyond the skin layer depth. Shame.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
brendude13 said:

It's getting close now. It's about bloody time, I bet even Microsoft fans want it to overtake soon just to get it over with.

NO !

It will happen nice and slow and we shall savor it. (before you push the report button know I regret nothing.)

can say that again... 7 long years... and counting.

you are forgetting that 1 year head start which makes everything sweeter.

dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:

Furthermore, your just saying that anybody can win, all they have to do is lose more money lol

Thats not how business works. And if your gonna be a Sony cheerleader, you have to care about their business side as well. Thats just how being a fan works :)

Huh? Learn to read, dude.

I said that 70 million units sold is 70 million units sold, no matter if it's sold at a loss or a profit. 

It isn't about winning or losing, it's about being factual - something you clearly aren't capable of grasping.

Also reported.

You are being very passive agressive to me this whole time with veiled insutls to my intelligence. Reported.

I got it. Looking any further then the basic sales numbers would mean that you would loose. I get it. Acting high and mighty only makes you look worse.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

kowenicki said:
brendude13 said:

It's getting close now. It's about bloody time, I bet even Microsoft fans want it to overtake soon just to get it over with.

NO !

It will happen nice and slow and we shall savor it. (before you push the report button know I regret nothing.)

can say that again... 7 long years... and counting.

you are forgetting that 1 year head start which makes everything sweeter.

But Sony is worshipped and therefore >>>>>>> 5 year head starts by default :P. 1 year head start? Psssssh thats nothing to the great might of SONY!!!

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

dsgrue3 said:

I said that 70 million units sold is 70 million units sold, no matter if it's sold at a loss or a profit.

This fella is making a point some of you are chosing to ignore.

To the gaming industry Sony's or MS's revenues are their own internal issue.

The number of households that have adopted the console is what matters. Console numbers utlimately shows market penetration.

Around the Network
dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:

Not black and white.

Look below the surface. Profitability, past generation performance, time it took to achieve, next generation fully underway in November, people giving a s%&t. 

Im starting to find the amusment in you clinging to the bare essentials for the sake of your ideals.

You've expanded the argument to something it isn't. You responded to a post of mine saying that the "bare essentials" as you call them are obsolete, when in fact, they are the only concrete, objective metrics. 

kowenicki said:

I'm not spinning.

Just clarifying a post with a very relevant fact.  One sale is not neccessarily as good as another sale from a business perspective.  From a purely units sold persepective it may be. 

The PS3 would have sold more if it had launched at a lower price, yes?

Also, if they hadnt cut the price when they did, and sustained large losses, they would have sold less.  Its very simple.

Okay, but I'm not arguing this. I'm not sure if you've followed but this guy was the one who I responded to:

mii-gamer said:

It's like awarding sony the gold medal for crossing the finish lines. While competitors have already finished the race long time ago and readying themselves for the next competition, Sony just scrapes over to finish the race. Congratulations

I simply said his logic was bunk. sales2099 tried to use subjective arguments to refute the objective proof that mii-gamer's logic was bunk.

Sorry i was trying to be a dick. Turkish claimed that the ps3 surpassing the Wii and 360  in 3-4 years mattered a lot (maybe personally). All I was trying to imply is "why celebrate the small milestone when the next gen race has already started" Maybe i should reworded it, but there is no need to get so aggressive and resort to insults.

All this talk about a one year lead, RROD and no mention of the other having brand awareness as well as an enormous marketshare.

dsgrue3 said:

This fella is making a point some of you are chosing to ignore.

To the gaming industry Sony's or MS's revenues are their own internal issue.

The number of households that have adopted the console is what matters. Console numbers utlimately shows market penetration.

PS4 $0 at lauch confirmed.

mii-gamer said:

Sorry i was trying to be a dick. Turkish claimed that the ps3 surpassing the Wii and 360  in 3-4 years mattered a lot (maybe personally). All I was trying to imply is "why celebrate the small milestone when the next gen race has already started" Maybe i should reworded it, but there is no need to get so aggressive and resort to insults.

See, this is much better and I absolutely agree. It matters in a historical sense and a factual sense, but in terms of celebrating I don't understand it. But that's me - everyone finds different things to celebrate.

It seems clear that it will pass 360 relatively soon. I am just wondering if PS3 will be able to hold that lead. Microsoft seems to be done with any kind of first party support for Xbox (its possible they will announce another last title or something at E3 for 360 tho like Halo 2 HD or something ... I remember there being rumors about that) and they are relying on third party support (which is ample with GTA V) this holiday.

I am very curious to see what will happen this holiday after price cuts on both systems. We may see Xbox 360s being made for some time (unlike the immediate kill order on Xbox 1 after the release of 360). Its possible we will eventually get a $99 Xbox 360 (with no payment plan attached). If that happens soon enough, I think 360 could make something of a comeback ... holiday boost usually favors 360 too.

Just because PS3 will pass 360 soon does not mean it will stay ahead.

In regards to my feelings about this, I am (a little) dissapointed in Microsoft for not keeping the lead but I suspect WW sales at this point are of little importance to them in the grand scheme of things. They are mostly focused on next gen at this point (as can be seen by the complete lack of 1st party software). Even if the PS3 ultimately pulls ahead I don't think it will be by more than a few million which makes the generation kind of a statistical tie. Also, just as the Xbox 1 technically outsold the Gamecube by a few million systems it is all overshadowed by the fact that PS2 was the king just as Wii was the sales giant of this generation.