Is the PS4 an kitchen appliance? 37 27.61%

Awesome! 43 32.09%

see results 23 17.16%

Total:133
Somini said:
walsufnir said:

Could be worse:

Oh wait, that's 360 ;)

Naw that doesn't feel right. This is more like it ;)

Yes, your picture surely looks less photoshopped

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

Wait - didn't MS speak about women gaming last week? And I'm quite sure there was a thread about it...

Edit: Ah, found it: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=157830

Yes, they did but judging by what we've seen from MS these past few years, they're methods will be a lot more....intrusive.

cbarroso09 said:
PS4 for women = AWESOME

3DS appealing women commercials = Oh NIntendo is shit, how can they do that to us gamers. I can't buy anymore Nintendo products!

Funny, isn't it!

Did you not see those "I Am Not a Gamer" ads? How is that not insulting to you as a gamer?

The thing is that 3DS is marketed specifically at women/kids/families in a way that pushes away your average male in their late teens or early 20s. I don't see how you can say "PS4 for women". OF course Sony wants anyone and everyone to own a PS4, but I don't see them marketing this thing as the console for women lmfao.

VGKing said:
walsufnir said:

Wait - didn't MS speak about women gaming last week? And I'm quite sure there was a thread about it...

Yes, they did but judging by what we've seen from MS these past few years, they're methods will be a lot more....intrusive.

Nothing will be ever more intrusive like

walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
walsufnir said:

*SIGH*

That's not what I meant by intrusive and you know it. What's so intrusive about a Move controller anyway? The light? lol..

VGKing said:

*SIGH*

That's not what I meant by intrusive and you know it. What's so intrusive about a Move controller anyway? The light? lol..

The fact that it looks like a dildo.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
walsufnir said:

*SIGH*

You really wanna tell me you don't get it? Oh my...

badgenome said:
Kantor said:

Of course he doesn't literally mean Angry Birds, I said an Angry Birds, as in an equivalent of Angry Birds. I'm pointing out that a small downloadable title like he's describing (presumably, since those are the titles with the closest gender ratios) is not going to be a killer app for his system. People buy it because they already own the systems that use it, not the other way around.

Unless he thinks that Angry Birds has a favourable gender ratio because it has high sales? So I guess Super Mario Bros had a 50/50 split too? What about San Andreas?

It's wrong whichever way you look at it.

I don't think he means that, either. He's talking about something that is super accessible and catches fire among people who aren't really "gamers" like Angry Birds did. Or Zumba. Or Just Dance.

I mean, yes, he's obviously wrong if he thinks that Angry Birds really succeeded purely on its own merits rather than just being in the right place at the right time, or that any console game is going to come close to 200 million users. How much success a Playstation can have among non-gamers is highly debatable, anyway. But his point that developers make or break a console, and getting them on board is key... that much is spot on.

I suppose. It's just worrying that he chose Angry Birds as an example rather than Halo, or Mario Kart Wii, or something else remotely deep and good that sold remarkably well at full price on a gaming console.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

I suppose. It's just worrying that he chose Angry Birds as an example rather than Halo, or Mario Kart Wii, or something else remotely deep and good that sold remarkably well at full price on a gaming console.

Yeah, I can see that. It would have been nice if he'd referenced some other games that had attracted a lot of not-really-gamer women like Tetris or Myst (and The Witness reminds me a lot of Myst). But his larger point is a good one and I'm glad to hear him express it. There was a kind of disturbing divergence in the market this past generation with the Wii/DS representing one extreme and the PS360/PSP representing the other. Sony has cultivated this kind of harsh and dark image with their overemphasis on shooters, shooters, God of Blah, and more shooters. If games like Heavy Rain and Flower and Journey had been there earlier in the PS3's life and were at the forefront of the marketing push, it might not have turned out to be so much of a "dude" console.

PS4 to be a casual console confirmed

badgenome said:
Kantor said:

Yeah, I can see that. It would have been nice if he'd referenced some other games that had attracted a lot of not-really-gamer women like Tetris or Myst (and The Witness reminds me a lot of Myst). But his larger point is a good one and I'm glad to hear him express it. There was a kind of disturbing divergence in the market this past generation with the Wii/DS representing one extreme and the PS360/PSP representing the other. Sony has cultivated this kind of harsh and dark image with their overemphasis on shooters, shooters, God of Blah, and more shooters. If games like Heavy Rain and Flower and Journey had been there earlier in the PS3's life and were at the forefront of the marketing push, it might not have turned out to be so much of a "dude" console.

In which case, he should have said something about variety of games rather than some nonsense about women and Angry Birds.

I mean, I'm not female, and I love Heavy Rain and Flower (though not as much as Staude who is the biggest Flower fan on the site) and I'm sure I would love Journey too if I could bring myself to spend £10 on a two hour game.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective