Nooooo!!! 6 4.48%

What is this thing called... 19 14.18%

Is the PS4 an kitchen appliance? 37 27.61%

Awesome! 43 32.09%

see results 23 17.16%

Total:133
badgenome said:
Kantor said:

When I saw the title I assumed they were going to release a pink PS4 or some other "female-friendly" nonsense.

But this... so releasing an Angry Birds on your console is going to attract women? My silly old-fashioned mind says that you attract female gamers the same way as you attract male gamers: by making good games.

I don't think "the next Angry Birds" was intended to literally mean the next iteration of the Angry Birds series, wot.

Of course he doesn't literally mean Angry Birds, I said an Angry Birds, as in an equivalent of Angry Birds. I'm pointing out that a small downloadable title like he's describing (presumably, since those are the titles with the closest gender ratios) is not going to be a killer app for his system. People buy it because they already own the systems that use it, not the other way around.

Unless he thinks that Angry Birds has a favourable gender ratio because it has high sales? So I guess Super Mario Bros had a 50/50 split too? What about San Andreas?

It's wrong whichever way you look at it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Wait - didn't MS speak about women gaming last week? And I'm quite sure there was a thread about it...

Edit: Ah, found it: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=157830

badgenome said:
LilChicken22 said:
If Nintendo said something like this there would be a megaton of negativity.

Or just gales of laughter because the Wii U doesn't appeal to anyone.

Do you still feel good about yourself although you know you're wrong?

M.U.G.E.N said:

definitely...dat move controller

:P

damn beat me to it

What a crazy mysognist bunch we are :D

cooking mama goes exclusive?

Around the Network

Could be worse:

Oh wait, that's 360 ;)

Kantor said:

Of course he doesn't literally mean Angry Birds, I said an Angry Birds, as in an equivalent of Angry Birds. I'm pointing out that a small downloadable title like he's describing (presumably, since those are the titles with the closest gender ratios) is not going to be a killer app for his system. People buy it because they already own the systems that use it, not the other way around.

Unless he thinks that Angry Birds has a favourable gender ratio because it has high sales? So I guess Super Mario Bros had a 50/50 split too? What about San Andreas?

It's wrong whichever way you look at it.

I don't think he means that, either. He's talking about something that is super accessible and catches fire among people who aren't really "gamers" like Angry Birds did. Or Zumba. Or Just Dance.

I mean, yes, he's obviously wrong if he thinks that Angry Birds really succeeded purely on its own merits rather than just being in the right place at the right time, or that any console game is going to come close to 200 million users. How much success a Playstation can have among non-gamers is highly debatable, anyway. But his point that developers make or break a console, and getting them on board is key... that much is spot on.

PS4 for women = AWESOME

3DS appealing women commercials = Oh NIntendo is shit, how can they do that to us gamers. I can't buy anymore Nintendo products!

Funny, isn't it!

walsufnir said:

Could be worse:

Oh wait, that's 360 ;)

Naw that doesn't feel right. This is more like it ;)

Of course they say that. It's not like they're going to say 'The PS4 is only for male gamers in their 20s"

Like I always thought, the touchpad in the controller will be used for iPhone-like games. Expect the biggest mobile games to get a port on PS4.