By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - (Funny as hell) Man Slams Xbox 720 Always-Online Policy, Then Axes His 360

Making fun of someone because of the way he looks is not funny and it doesn't make you look cool.

Do you guys actually think he doesn't get that a lot and doesn't know that he has a problem? And do you guys actually think that we don't notice his problem? Yeah we do, and we don't need your help to see it. Some of you are grown men, you should know better.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Kantor said:
kowenicki said:
Kantor said:
This video is the funniest things I have seen today and I really wish some of the people posting here would not get so upset about it.

No matter how much you like Microsoft, you have to admit that always online is a bad idea, and this guy just presented that point in an interesting way, adding in a little something at the end.

No I don't.  Explain it to me.

Several reasons.

1) Internet goes down occasionally in every country, including ours. I know because it has happened to me. It is considerably more common than a powercut, and more common still in rural areas. And Britain, being a European country, has some of the best internet infrastructure in the world.

2) Similarly, there are many countries in which internet data is limited and going above a limit either costs you money or bottlenecks your speed.

3) If the console assumes you will always be online with a fast connection, people with slow connections could have trouble.

4) This could only be a highly restrictive form of DRM, which would likely prevent the resale of used games.

None of the first 3 affect me, and I don't care about 4.

i recall DRM issues on certain games on a certain console this gen... Dont recall a shitstorm of blasting about it though.   Again....odd.

And why do you assume that the console is designed for you and you alone?

If the majority of people find the first three to be a problem, then it's a problem. Indeed, if any significant number find it to be a problem, that's a significant number of sales lost, and therefore something that Microsoft should be worrying about.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

So that is a "hardcore" gamer? Thanks god im casual

The point well made and a six pack shortcut technique for the over weighted.

Deyon said:

Making fun of someone because of the way he looks is not funny and it doesn't make you look cool.

Do you guys actually think he doesn't get that a lot and doesn't know that he has a problem? And do you guys actually think that we don't notice his problem? Yeah we do, and we don't need your help to see it. Some of you are grown men, you should know better.

Then he shouldn't be drinking a massive can of Mountain Dew if he is aware of his 'problem'.

Also, since he is playing a 'character' has anyone thought that maybe he's making fun of people who act like that? Everyone here isfinding this hilarious not realizing it could be making fun of them. Just some food for thought. 

Around the Network

Good grief that Xbox took alot of wacking! There is no way I could stand that much axe wacking.

...oh, no, what did I just day...

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

lol that was pretty funny. In reality... I'm thinking both companies will have a similar requirement for particular games as defined by the publisher. Only difference is, I think MS was considering doing it as a requirement for the console vs just per game.

Glad Nintendo didn't accept Origin forced into their shit otherwise WiiU would have it too. I guarantee 100% this is why EA is pissed and why Nintendo said no to Origin but allowed UPlay. MSony must of said ok and now ya'll will be fucked by that DRM.

superchunk said:
lol that was pretty funny. In reality... I'm thinking both companies will have a similar requirement for particular games as defined by the publisher. Only difference is, I think MS was considering doing it as a requirement for the console vs just per game.

Glad Nintendo didn't accept Origin forced into their shit otherwise WiiU would have it too. I guarantee 100% this is why EA is pissed and why Nintendo said no to Origin but allowed UPlay. MSony must of said ok and now ya'll will be fucked by that DRM.

well the people who normally don't buy EA games aren't fucked but me I just want Mass Effect and if that has DRM then EA can die for all I care

He is just joking. It's all an act. He is a pretty normal guy with a different voice. Watch some of his other videos.

Unless that guy really is the worlds most stereotypical super nerd, I'd say this is clearly satire. He's either making fun of the people who are blowing their tops over a rumor or he is a sick, sick man.