By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict how long PS4 and XBox One will need to outsell WiiU - 14 weeks PS4, 52 X1

Eh, they may not. But if they do, not for a very long time. Good one Spurge.

233 weeks

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

1 month

6 months

The ps2 was so popular because it was a cheap dvd player, the ps3 was popular because it was a cheap blue ray player, the ps4 doesn't have anything like that, so I recon the ps4 will not pass the wiiU until the wiiU2 comes out and the wiiU is abandoned.

I definitely have hope for the 720 (for various reasons) so I'm gonna say that the 720 will pass the wiiU 1-2 years after the 720 gets priced to 300 dollars from either a price cut, or because it started out at 300 dollars.

That being said, I don't think any of the 3 systems will pass 60 million in the first 6 years.

Something...Something...Games...Something

PS4 = NEVER
NEXTBOX = NEVER

Around the Network

Wow, a lot of people actually think the WiiU will win this gen. Because 'never' means exactly that.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

PS4 - Never
Xbox 361 - 2 years

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Mnementh said:
Roma said:
they won't

So you expect WiiU to win the gen. At the current sales that is a bold prediction, but we will see.

I just think people are overestimating the other two because of power just like they always have done in the past so it's not a bold prediction it's just based on history

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Because of America, the 360 v2 will take less time than PS4 to outsell Wii U. Id say 65 - 70 weeks for 360v2, 120 weeks for PS4 (being generous, likely may never out sell it)

In addition, 360 v2 will be much cheaper than PS4, but also more expensive than Wii U.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Roma said:
Mnementh said:
Roma said:
they won't

So you expect WiiU to win the gen. At the current sales that is a bold prediction, but we will see.

I just think people are overestimating the other two because of power just like they always have done in the past so it's not a bold prediction it's just based on history

The WiiU sells very bad at the moment. To win the gen, it has either to explode (and really explode, as it has to get nearly to Wii-levels) or the others fail out of the gate. The second option means that this gen shrinks drastically.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]