By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict how long PS4 and XBox One will need to outsell WiiU - 14 weeks PS4, 52 X1

March 2014

Around the Network

Q3/Q4 2015 for both, perhaps by way of a big pre-holiday push.

This is a ridiculous thread. This is just going to be pure guesswork. Look at how the Wii U sold at launch, and now look at how its selling.......no one could have predicted that. We at least need to know how many PS4s will be available at launch and you know....how much it will cost.

-3 weeks. it will have more sales (preorders) before launch than wiiU has sales.

j/k. 56 weeks for both.

1-10 weeks depending on the cost.

Around the Network

I'll go with 120 for PS4 and 170 for NextXbox

How can anyone predict this without seeing final products and prices? Crazy loons.

I see the Ps4 selling the amount the Wii U sells by the time ps4 is released (so nov to nov whatever that end up to be) in half the time.

So if Wii U has 6mil when Ps4 launches the Ps4 will reach that in 6months. Now, how many more units will the Wii U have in that 6 months? I have no clue but I say the Ps4 will catch up by the end of 2014.

Mnementh said:
Roma said:
Mnementh said:
Roma said:
they won't

So you expect WiiU to win the gen. At the current sales that is a bold prediction, but we will see.

I just think people are overestimating the other two because of power just like they always have done in the past so it's not a bold prediction it's just based on history

The WiiU sells very bad at the moment. To win the gen, it has either to explode (and really explode, as it has to get nearly to Wii-levels) or the others fail out of the gate. The second option means that this gen shrinks drastically.

only will the gen shrink but developers will be closing left and right. The ones that remain will go mobile or ipad. It would be the end of home consoles. The Wii U would literally be the Dreamcast along side the Ps4 and 720. I don't see why people want this to happen

I think the Nextbox and PS4 will sell the same amounts. IF the Wii U pulls a Dreamcast and the Nextbox and PS4 suck all the air out of the room I could see them both outselling the Wii U in a year. IF they can manufacture enough machines to keep up with demand.

1 year/52 weeks

With a couple big IFs.