By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict how long PS4 and XBox One will need to outsell WiiU - 14 weeks PS4, 52 X1

Not going to happen. Add me to the never list.

Around the Network

Since we don't know release date of the NextBox, if it will launch in a holiday, or the price of either it's too hard to say.
If they both launch in November at $350-$450 then at least one of them will pass the Wii U in week 56, (One month into the second holiday) maybe both will. So for the purpose of this thread I'll just say since we don't know which one will take off faster.
PS4 56
NextBox 56

If the NextBox has a $100 subscription option, and the next COD is next generation only as is rumored the NextBox could pass the Wii U in 30 weeks (early summer 2014).

2.5 years

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Put me down for 260 weeks for 720 and inf for ps4

I'm going with whatever Conegamer has put down.

Really, we don't know if PS4/720 will join the Flop Party or not. Many things are sure to come.

Around the Network
Sharu said:
I think the same time as it was for PS3 to outsell X360... More or less...

Has that even happened yet? I mean globally...

We all know the X360 is way ahead if considering just the US market.

PS4 - 35 Weeks.

Nextbox - 40 Weeks.

Shouldn't take too long, maybe half way through 2014. As long as they don't screw something major up.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Depends if MS and sony can keep up with demand. Wii U will have sold about 6 million at the end of this year, So how quickly can they produce those 6+ million units. I'ld say sometime in Q1 2014. About 10 weeks for PS4 and 18 weeks Xbox720

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales

Mnementh said:
Roma said:
Mnementh said:
Roma said:
they won't

So you expect WiiU to win the gen. At the current sales that is a bold prediction, but we will see.

I just think people are overestimating the other two because of power just like they always have done in the past so it's not a bold prediction it's just based on history

The WiiU sells very bad at the moment. To win the gen, it has either to explode (and really explode, as it has to get nearly to Wii-levels) or the others fail out of the gate. The second option means that this gen shrinks drastically.

I expect the sales to go up drastically once the big Nintendo games come out. not Wii level of course but enough to stay ahead of the other two consoles

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(