By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict how long PS4 and XBox One will need to outsell WiiU - 14 weeks PS4, 52 X1

Soundwave said:
MohammadBadir said:
Figgycal said:
MohammadBadir said:
Figgycal said:

Are people really saying more than 1 year? PS4 could overtake the Wii U in less than 20 weeks after launch. Xbox One maybe a year or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POeFhWV-ld8

I see. Games and exclusives. My prediction is that many people are going to be disappointed by the boost the hardware gets. People are maybe expecting too much.

i can't wait to see the PS4/XboxOne sales go down after the holiday season.

Third party support of games like FFXV and MGSV coming next year make a huge difference for Sony. Sony and MS simply have it a lot of easier, they don't have to single handedly sell the entire console on their own (more or less).

you're ignoring the 150 million PS360 owners who will buy MGSV on their console without upgrading. IMO, the PS4One won't really take off until the cross-gen stop coming out. remember the PS2? it had many cross-gen and many current gen exclusive games that were coming out even after the PS3 released.

Around the Network

66 weeks ps3
71 weeks 360

MohammadBadir said:
Soundwave said:
MohammadBadir said:
Figgycal said:
MohammadBadir said:
Figgycal said:

Are people really saying more than 1 year? PS4 could overtake the Wii U in less than 20 weeks after launch. Xbox One maybe a year or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POeFhWV-ld8

I see. Games and exclusives. My prediction is that many people are going to be disappointed by the boost the hardware gets. People are maybe expecting too much.

i can't wait to see the PS4/XboxOne sales go down after the holiday season.

Third party support of games like FFXV and MGSV coming next year make a huge difference for Sony. Sony and MS simply have it a lot of easier, they don't have to single handedly sell the entire console on their own (more or less).

you're ignoring the 150 million PS360 owners who will buy MGSV on their console without upgrading. IMO, the PS4One won't really take off until the cross-gen stop coming out. remember the PS2? it had many cross-gen and many current gen exclusive games that were coming out even after the PS3 released.

That may be an issue, but the PS4One versions of those games will be decidedly better looking at least IMO so there's that too. We're already hearing reports of things like pre-orders for games like Watch Dogs are much higher on the PS4 than PS3. Those games are aimed at hardcore players, and hardcore players are the most likely to want to upgrade.

A lot of people are simply sick of the PS3/360 generation, it's gone on way too long, and Nintendo kind of compounded the problem by releasing yet another PS3/360 like console. People want a generational leap.

Tyto_alba said:
66 weeks ps3
71 weeks 360

PS3? 360? I translate that to PS4 and XBO, all right?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Tyto_alba said:
66 weeks ps3
71 weeks 360

PS3? 360? I translate that to PS4 and XBO, all right?

of course! Sorry :P

Next-gen hasn't really kicked in in my mind

Around the Network

PS4-70 WEEKS

XONE-90 WEEKS

End of 2016 prediction

PS4:43M-46M

XBONE:28M-33M

Forever because it's not happening lol especially not now. Someone get the "I told you so" champaign ready for next year.

I knew Nintendo had a relaunch planned. I still predict a Wii Fit U and Super Mario 3D World Bundle. Do that and market the hell out of this, and they'll literally outshine the competition. Always let them think they're ahead before you strike and strike hard.

The Nintendomination is has started, and it shall spare no casualties.

Sony: We have one million pre-orders.

One for each of our troops.

Nintendo: We have a Hulk:

3.6 million starting install base.

New Wii U Zelda Bundle + New 2DS + Pokemon X/Y + Free online = Still cheaper than the Xbox One.

New Wii U Zelda Bundle + Free online = $100+ cheaper than the PS4.

Vita: I'm so glad I finally got a price cut! :) Now my sales can finally pick up!

Nintendo: Lets release a new 2DS for $70 cheaper than the Vita on the same day as Pokemon X and Y, the latest edition to the most powerful handheld franchise in the world and the second best selling video game franchise of all time, because WHY THE FUCK NOT?

Vita: FUUUUUUUUUU-!!!!!

I rest my case.

How did I miss this thread.

56 weeks PS4

90 weeks Xbone

I need to wait for NPD october report.

I will add that i'm concerned Nintendo might not have any proven million sellers left for fall 2014 if they release both Smash and MK8 within first half 2014. We know Yarn Yoshi, a new game from the NSMBU team, X, and the Nintendoland team might have something ready for xmas 2014. I dont know. I guess we'll know at E3.

Incubi said:
I need to wait for NPD october report.

I will add that i'm concerned Nintendo might not have any proven million sellers left for fall 2014 if they release both Smash and MK8 within first half 2014. We know Yarn Yoshi, a new game from the NSMBU team, X, and the Nintendoland team might have something ready for xmas 2014. I dont know. I guess we'll know at E3.

i thought Mario Kart 8 was a spring release and Smash Bros has no concrete day? hopefully Nintendo will wait out with Smash for the holiday season or someshit.