By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict how long PS4 and XBox One will need to outsell WiiU - 14 weeks PS4, 52 X1

So much wrong in this thread,

Around the Network
Sharu said:
ninjablade said:
3-4 months.

))) Tagging this, just for future lulz... )))

LOL, how things have changed xD he is closer than anybody here. it seems PS4 at least will outsell WiiU by the end of march. 

Ahh... that was a good read.

more of this pleaaaseee!!! =3

Jay520 said:
Negative 4 weeks.

One month before release, their preorders will be higher than the Wii U's lifetime sales. Maybe even earlier if the Wii U starts seeing negative weekly sales as more people return consoles rather than people buying new ones. Lot of unknown variables though.

Why wasn't my estimate included? It was actually quite accurate, relatively speaking. I'm in the top 5%.

Around the Network
JakDaSnack said:
The ps2 was so popular because it was a cheap dvd player, the ps3 was popular because it was a cheap blue ray player, the ps4 doesn't have anything like that, so I recon the ps4 will not pass the wiiU until the wiiU2 comes out and the wiiU is abandoned.

I definitely have hope for the 720 (for various reasons) so I'm gonna say that the 720 will pass the wiiU 1-2 years after the 720 gets priced to 300 dollars from either a price cut, or because it started out at 300 dollars.

That being said, I don't think any of the 3 systems will pass 60 million in the first 6 years.

Good call, I look forward to your future baseless predictions. Did PS1 also sell more than 100 million consoles because people wanted a cd player too? The PS1 came out just a mere 12 years after cd players did, that must be why it sold more than any nintendo home console has or ever will. 

COLD_COBRA_ said:
JakDaSnack said:
The ps2 was so popular because it was a cheap dvd player, the ps3 was popular because it was a cheap blue ray player, the ps4 doesn't have anything like that, so I recon the ps4 will not pass the wiiU until the wiiU2 comes out and the wiiU is abandoned.

I definitely have hope for the 720 (for various reasons) so I'm gonna say that the 720 will pass the wiiU 1-2 years after the 720 gets priced to 300 dollars from either a price cut, or because it started out at 300 dollars.

That being said, I don't think any of the 3 systems will pass 60 million in the first 6 years.

Good call, I look forward to your future baseless predictions. Did PS1 also sell more than 100 million consoles because people wanted a cd player too? The PS1 came out just a mere 12 years after cd players did, that must be why it sold more than any nintendo home console has or ever will. 

People make bad predictions, no need to be rude about it.  You just come off as immature.

Something...Something...Games...Something

Be realsitc.......

Xbox ONE.... Maybe Never

PS4.... maybe in spring

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!

lmao at some of the responses in this thread. PS2 was only popular because it had DVD, etc... wow, pure dilusion.

spemanig said:
Forever because it's not happening lol especially not now. Someone get the "I told you so" champaign ready for next year.

I knew Nintendo had a relaunch planned. I still predict a Wii Fit U and Super Mario 3D World Bundle. Do that and market the hell out of this, and they'll literally outshine the competition. Always let them think they're ahead before you strike and strike hard.

The Nintendomination is has started, and it shall spare no casualties.

Sony: We have one million pre-orders.

One for each of our troops.

Nintendo: We have a Hulk:

3.6 million starting install base.

New Wii U Zelda Bundle + New 2DS + Pokemon X/Y + Free online = Still cheaper than the Xbox One.

New Wii U Zelda Bundle + Free online = $100+ cheaper than the PS4.

Vita: I'm so glad I finally got a price cut! :) Now my sales can finally pick up!

Nintendo: Lets release a new 2DS for $70 cheaper than the Vita on the same day as Pokemon X and Y, the latest edition to the most powerful handheld franchise in the world and the second best selling video game franchise of all time, because WHY THE FUCK NOT?

Vita: FUUUUUUUUUU-!!!!!

I rest my case.

How is that I told you so Champagne?