By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict how long PS4 and XBox One will need to outsell WiiU - 14 weeks PS4, 52 X1

135 weeks ps4
150 weeks x1

Around the Network

The same amount of time it took the ps3 and xbox to outsell the wii.

Or just about the same it took the "true next gen portable" to outsell the 3DS.

You do the math, I'm not sure about when it happened ;)

PS4- Autumn 2014
X1- sometime in 2015/ 16

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

PS4 will overtake it during the third holiday including 'launch-holiday' this year, so after it's second year. What people often seem to forget here is that the WiiU keeps selling during the time it takes PS4 to get to the level WiiU will be at this holiday, so PS4 won't need 6-8m, but rather like 16-20m in order to overtake it.

Third holiday means about 115 weeks in, so lets say that. I don't see the XBox overtaking it; I think the gen will end with PS4 1st, WiiU 2nd, XOne 3rd.

PS4: 115
XOne: -

Couldn't disagree more with all the "never" responses.

PS4: 56 weeks after launch
Xbox: 92 weeks after launch

Around the Network

neither ps4 nor xbox one will surpass wii u sales.

FrancisNobleman said:

THIS.

Zero999 said:
FrancisNobleman said:

THIS.

Wishful thinking given that Wii U and Wii are nothing alike sales wise. Everything possible pretty much went right for the Wii in its first year, the Wii U is selling worse than the GameCube from launch.

And the PS3 even if it doesn't catch the Wii is going to come pretty darn close when all's said and done. If Sony could almost catch Nintendo there with their worst possible start (PS3) and Nintendo's best possible start (Wii), catching the Wii U is going to be much easier for them.

WiiU advantages:

Free Online
Good Enough graphics
Cheapest next gen console
Nintendo first/third party exclusives

i think it would take a while for them to actually catch up with the WiiU, if ever

Are people really saying more than 1 year? PS4 could overtake the Wii U in less than 20 weeks after launch. Xbox One maybe a year or so.