By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict how long PS4 and XBox One will need to outsell WiiU - 14 weeks PS4, 52 X1

12 weeks, counting il will not come to europe before feb 2014

Around the Network

24 weeks

i think 260 weeks = 5 years, i have faith in nintendo they can hold on for that time length.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Im expecting a Wii U price cut this holiday season. If the PS4 is 399 at launch then i would say it will take like 2 years to pass it

It won't be this year because 3rd and first parties are still working on their heavy hitters. We won't be seeing Call of Duty MW5,6,7, or 8 this year.(Although the will come out next year:D) But I think this generation will be a tough one. I still think Wii U is the most creative console on the market and I don't think PS4 or Nextbox will change my opinion.

I'll get a PS4 for RPGs if they aren't put on Wii U and that's about it. RPGS and Sonic games(if they get any better)

So I see them going neck and neck for a good while. Nobody is going to buy a console with a reused, ported game with no system sellers on it.(er hrmm... Wii U... cough cough.)

Around the Network
Playstationfan12 said:

1-10 weeks depending on the cost.

Very strange prediction.  I think that the Wii U, by the time the PS4/720 comes out, will have more consoles sold than PS4/720's they produce.  That is especially going to be prevalent if they release late this year.

I wont even make a prediction because we really have very little to no idea what could happen with them.  I think it's not very likely, almost impossible, for it to take 1 week.  I simply don't think there will even be that many of those consoles available from the start.  Even if there are, I still doubt it.  Plus, if Nintendo plays its cards right, we could be seeing some pretty big spikes in sales later in the year.

in 5 months the WiiU has sold 2.8M. By the time the PS4 arrives, the WiiU will be at 6M at best; so I think the PS4 will outsell the WiiU in 6 months (around 24 weeks) or sooner.

1 year

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

cunger said:
NeroPrototype said:
1 Month... Considering It will come with good games.

Not really relevant since wiiu will have more good exclusives at the time these guys launch.   So far the ps4 doesn't have any exclusives announced which will be big system sellers. Battlefield and Call of Duty will be much bigger system sellers than what Sony's first party has announced.

So far and correct me if i'm wrong, InFamous The Second son, KillZone, Deep Down are coming to the PS4 at launch.

It is hard to say, because this fall the Wii U will be coming out with a lot of heavy hitters and main franchises. Zelda Wind Waker Remake will push consoles like crazy I think, so it will be hard to tell. I just want both to sell good:)