By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Research: PlayStation Home Active Users (Please Answer the Pool)

Tagged games:

PlayStation user are you an active PS Home user?

I have a PSN Account and ... 62 24.90%

I have a PSN Account and ... 166 66.67%

See results. I'm not a PlayStation user 20 8.03%

Total:248
TruckOSaurus said:

I've "played" PS Home for maybe 30 minutes (when it came out) and quickly decided it was boring beyond belief.

Was my experience, went up to Home and said "on second thought, 'tis a silly place" and walked away.

Around the Network

I will enter in the Home this weekend to figure if the place have a lot of people .

1/4 or 1/5 don't even have their console connected to the internet and you expect over 50% of the rest to be regular Home users ?

OT: "entered" Home twice and that was several years ago.

i did never use it, the download was already too much for me to care about it.

ethomaz said:
The pool results looks weird... well the first line is I'm active... the second I'm not active.... I will not change because the votes are be lost.

The options show just fine when you haven't voted so changing them isn't necessary.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

I didn't agree with the moderation locking this thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=157772 just because anybody knows if the 31 million users are active or not... os the mod team can only ask to change the thread title ano not lock it.

I asked to mod the reasonto lock the thread and he said it is because 31 million active users are unbelievable.

Now I'm curious to know what that number means... so for that I will make a little game, a pool with two options:

1) I have a PSN Account and I'm a active PS Home user
2) I have a PSN Account and I'm not a active PS Home user

Active = Played the PS Home in the last months

* Please, just pick a choice if you really have a PSN Account * 

what is an Active user for network services for Sony?

I mean the rule of thumb:

Active User

Definition — There is no one set definition but there is a general consensus — An active user is a registered user who uses your application at least once in a 30 day period.

Usage — The more frequent an active user uses your product, the more engaging your website or application.

Derivatives — Return rate is a derivative of your active user calculation. If an active user comes back on average every 10 days, then that is also your average return rate. Facebook has one of the highest active user pools in the world.

Derivatives – Churn Rate is defined as how quickly do active users stop being active. Churn is usually measured in terms of cohorts and averages.

Confusion — This number is worthless if the time period (daily, monthly, yearly, etc.) is not specified.

So does Sony count someone who downloads the playstation Home client in 2008 and does not use it at all for year's on end an active user of Home in their number's?

I would Wager no, if your not an active user of home since 2008 why would they count you as a "User of Home" if your not bringing in Money for their service?

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Kasz216 said:

Also, yeah, own a PS3... don't use home.

I mean, you really think it's reasonable that 41% of PS3 owners log on to home once a month? That's just silly... no matter what it is.

i have over 50 friend's  out of  83 on my PS3 how did i meet them...? over when i was talking to gamer's in of all places playstation Home!

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

joeorc said:
ethomaz said:

I didn't agree with the moderation locking this thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=157772 just because anybody knows if the 31 million users are active or not... os the mod team can only ask to change the thread title ano not lock it.

I asked to mod the reasonto lock the thread and he said it is because 31 million active users are unbelievable.

Now I'm curious to know what that number means... so for that I will make a little game, a pool with two options:

1) I have a PSN Account and I'm a active PS Home user
2) I have a PSN Account and I'm not a active PS Home user

Active = Played the PS Home in the last months

* Please, just pick a choice if you really have a PSN Account * 

So does Sony count someone who downloads the playstation Home client in 2008 and does not use it at all for year's on end an active user of Home in their number's?

I would Wager no, if your not an active user of home since 2008 why would they count you as a "User of Home" if your not bringing in Money for their service?

No... but of course.  Sony neer used the term active.

Sort of the whole point.  You just made something up and pretended they said active.

Every time Sony has given a number for users of home it's been total users all time.  This was true at 14, it was true at 19.  It's true now. (Poll isn't doing any favors either.)

Just like how people look at shipped numbers and claim it's sold.

AFAIK
You can access Home with different accounts.

joeorc said:
Kasz216 said:

Also, yeah, own a PS3... don't use home.

I mean, you really think it's reasonable that 41% of PS3 owners log on to home once a month? That's just silly... no matter what it is.

i have over 50 friend's  out of  83 on my PS3 how did i meet them...? over when i was talking to gamer's in of all places playstation Home!

you could have 1000 friends and all from home and it wouldn't be any evidence. a real life friend of mine has 70 friends on xbox and probably 60 of them from soul calibur, that doesn't make the game more successful as it is.