By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Research: PlayStation Home Active Users (Please Answer the Pool)

Tagged games:

PlayStation user are you an active PS Home user?

I have a PSN Account and ... 62 24.90%

I have a PSN Account and ... 166 66.67%

See results. I'm not a PlayStation user 20 8.03%

Total:248

I visit Home a few times each year, and it always runs slow and takes too long to load anything. The options to customize your character are very few aswell. If they streamlined Home and made more options i think more users would use the service.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
I visit Home a few times each year, and it always runs slow and takes too long to load anything. The options to customize your character are very few aswell. If they streamlined Home and made more options i think more users would use the service.

"and it always runs slow and takes too long to load anything." when was the last time you have beeen on home, because the recent core Home update client moved all save data for playstation off of your PS3 to the cloud, which now load times are way better. for instance if you activate a invintory item Or IE: companion waiting for it to activate on your Avatar is almost boot's right up now instead of waiting for a like a min for it to activate like it was before the update.

and its much more streamlined now that it was a while ago, the options to "customize your character are very few aswell." are you talking about the avatar's build size or skin and Hair color. because the very same update to the core client added a color wheel, but you do need playstation Plus to access the color wheel.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

I'm surprised at the number of PSHome users to be honest. I wasn't a regular user but I did go in there and played around several times. Not in the latest months though, so my answer was no.

joeorc said:
Kasz216 said:

t

Again i'm not belittling you.  Just stating the basic facts of the matter.  Ever single thing you posted would be support for "not many people use playstation home".  To levels lower then I actually thought was originally the case

You just misread and inflated everything 10-50X based on poor reading comprhension.  This isn't an insult or belittling.  This is just what you are actually doing.  You just aren't reading things correctly. I

t's gotten old... because this hasn't been a debate so much as an english lesson on basic sentence structure and common colloquialisms. (actually i don't believe that's the right word either way. Jargon probably fits better.)

He doesn't say whether the "double digit" returns are 12% or 98% but "double digit" in these terms is a common term for 10-15.

You keep not getting terms like this... which is why I asked if english was your first language.

For a bonus though, i'll just bother to disavow you of your last point.

Playstation Home has 1 million posts in it's since home started.     Guess what post your post was on this website. 

#5,251,635.

Kasz216 said:

Again i'm not belittling you.  Just stating the basic facts of the matter.  Ever single thing you posted would be support for "not many people use playstation home".

that's the thing , what you are saying is not a fact, it's just an Opinion!

"He doesn't say whether the "double digit" returns are 12% or 98% but "double digit" in these terms is a common term for 10-15."

No its not once again that is a variable! you are chooseing to say the low end , just like you are saying im choosing the high end, which i am not im saying is there is no way we can know that % because Sony has not stated. but on the same token unlike You  Once again im using this part of the service and you are not.

You saying what you came up with for the number's is not a fact it's your Opinion.

I AND OTHER'S HAVE STATED TO YOU..THAT just because you say that the number's are this way , does not mean what you are saying is a fact when you yourself do not even use the d@mn service. You have no real background with said usage of this service or the fact that every time i log on the space's are full of people. all the time.

this part of the playstation network is being used more than you think and the very fact that there was over 1,000,000 post's about a service since it's been launched on a forum where the majority of playstation consumer's do not even go to that part of the internet. proves's one thing there is more interest into hoime than you are giving credit for. many tag line joke's about is that "Is home being used anymore" or playstation Home what is that?

it's pretty clear those saying such thing's are not active user's or really care about the service at all and jump into threads like this trying to down play the number's on home no matter what kind of number's are put out. we are the minority of total user's of a game console many people just buy the console and play and never step's into forums like these. and forums and gamer's new's sites forums are not the majority we are the minority. so our sample size's are not 100% accurate anyway. the very point from my own experience on a service I use which you do not and that in my own family has 6 playstation Home user's that do not even visit sites like this show the number's are not so clear cut in their break down as you are trying to make them out to be.

Glasswall's may have been talking about total # of  user's being 27 million total at the time, but we have no idea out of that number at the time in 2012 he was talking about are Active user's at the  time. because as long as the person in question has such an account active Sony  make's  the content for anyone who has ever made an account anyway. So the fact that there is no public tracker on the Active user's  for Playstation Home in the public, what would those number's be? Let's here your estimate of those number's what is the number of (Active playstation Home) user's ,someone who log's into and use's Home at least once a month.

I would really love to see your Experience or knowledge about the number's for a service you do not even use!

Less than 10 million? or less than 6 million? what do you think are the general Active user number for this part of the service! really I think many people would love to hear your estimate about Active user's on a service you do not even use. I will state mine i think the Active user number's for this service is way over 20 million and may again be over 31 million. of active user's that use that service at least once a month. 

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
joeorc said:
Kasz216 said:

Again i'm not belittling you.  Just stating the basic facts of the matter.  Ever single thing you posted would be support for "not many people use playstation home".

No... what i'm saying for all intents and purposes a fact.  It's based on how the english language works and based and statistics.  This is more or less how the site works by the way.  

Actually using a system is likely to bias you one way or another in regards to the data.

You're overblown sodium one numbers should of given you a hint to that.  Even you can't deny it didn't sell 3 million nor 1.3 million in the first six weeks... it's really basic math that makes either a complete impossibility and makes the likely number a LOT lower when looking at the reasonable range.  (That most people who bought the full game played all 5 engagements of the demo, and played further after playing the game)

Your really inflating home's numbers and downplaying what success it has had... for, no real reason i can tell.

So what is the number of people who log onto Playstation Home every month?   Based on other sites, the message board numbers,  trends, sony PR and the games sales mentioned?

I'd place it at 2-5 Million montly returning customers with around 5.000,000 new accounts a month seems like a reasonable range.

Which is actually a really god damn successful for something like this and likely making quite a bit of profit. 

For a comprsion.  Second Life, which Sony got the idea for this for,(as did everyone else) has a much higher possible customer base (anyone with a computer) and far more customibility and items (you can import and sell your own items as a regular user.)

Second Life, has about 1.2 Million Active users.  In 2010 they had about... 21 million registered users, and have had an average of 800,000 new accounts per month.  So today that'd put there total user number at around like 37 Million total users today.

Think about that for a second.  37 Million total users....  1.2 million active users.   Yet for Playstation Home which is essentially a cut down second life, you think it somehow has managed to keep over half of it's customers, hell maybe even better then 3/4ths of it's customers?  When second life is sitting at ~3% of it's users?

Which is why, if someone was saying I was being overly optimistic, I'd disagree but i wouldn't think it an unreasonable claim. (Using the same retention rate as second life if all 90 million PSN accounts tried home, that would leave a user base of 2.9 million.)

What kind of things have happened in second life with 1.2 million users?

Government officials have held press confrences there

http://news.cnet.com/2300-1028_3-6147452.html

Well known bands have held live concerts there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFpOZyVblIU

(as for the voting, 90% of it on BOTH sides is people who are lying/double voting.)

Kasz216 said:

No... what i'm saying for all intents and purposes a fact.  It's based on how the english language works and based and statistics.  This is more or less how the site works by the way.  

Actually using a system is likely to bias you one way or another in regards to the data.

You're overblown sodium one numbers should of given you a hint to that.  Even you can't deny it didn't sell 3 million nor 1.3 million in the first six weeks... it's really basic math that makes either a complete impossibility and makes the likely number a LOT lower when looking at the reasonable range.  (That most people who bought the full game played all 5 engagements of the demo, and played further after playing the game)

Your really inflating home's numbers and downplaying what success it has had... for, no real reason i can tell.

So what is the number of people who log onto Playstation Home every month?   Based on other sites, the message board numbers,  trends, sony PR and the games sales mentioned?

I'd place it at 2-5 Million montly returning customers with around 5.000,000 new accounts a month seems like a reasonable range.

Which is actually a really god damn successful for something like this and likely making quite a bit of profit. 

"No... what i'm saying for all intents and purposes a fact.  It's based on how the english language works and based and statistics.  This is more or less how the site works by the way.  "

The absolute Arrogance!! You are really showing quite a bit Bias, So your saying you cannot be wrong? 

You're overblown sodium one numbers should of given you a hint to that. Over blown? Mine?  really you are the one trying to put an Active user base with not a single shred of Active user base data , but yet you say you are correct and other's are wrong!

How am i over blowing the number's when im the one that uses the service and you yourself do not. Look's its great you can have and opinion, but to claim How correct you are and that other's are quite wrong is very quite being very self centered and Arrogant to boot.

" Based on other sites, the message board numbers,  trends, sony PR and the games sales mentioned?

I'd place it at 2-5 Million montly returning customers with around 5.000,000 new accounts a month seems like a reasonable range."

well I kinda got the feeling you would state number's like this, and your over all tone being dismissive of other's opinion's and quite belittling of their Opinion on here just show's Just how much you really know about playstation Home. and i ask if your going to try to be an authority on playstation Home or any real number's for this part of the  network service's that you use the service and learn more about it with usage before making a self rightous claim like you have and your dismissive attitude to other's Opinion's that do not agree with your claim.

Again playstation Home is not freaking 2nd life or stripped down version of that service. That was the claim about this platform since it's inception was said by many people and many of said claims about playstation Home over the year's, the same people that do not even use the service, and the very same people that complain about Kinect having people saying that all kinect is just a more advanced ver just an eye toy is quite wrong about that, and your attitude of playstation Home is sorta like that claim about kinect. unless people have used it you really do not know how it is let alone on a monthly basis. Like i said my personal experience with this service is over 5 year's worth your's is what less than a week?

Like i said it's good we all have an opinion on said subject but it say's nothing about our claim is correct, esp. when one of the people does not even use the service or really see the usage of the service every day and see people in your list on the site pretty much, from the more than 50 of my own friends that i have met on home i see or talk to them at least many times during the month. I know its from my experience and that is not the same for everyone else with this service, but i am not so arrogant to claim that my data is a fact on my opinion on Home's return active status member's number's are a fact,

but you sure are!

I AM BOLO

ps:

joeorc said:
Kasz216 said:

"No... what i'm saying for all intents and purposes a fact.  It's based on how the english language works and based and statistics.  This is more or less how the site works by the way.  "

The absolute Arrogance!! You are really showing quite a bit Bias, So your saying you cannot be wrong? 

It's not arrogance... it's just common sense.  Could I be wrong?  Sure, my estimate could be a million or two off.   If i'm wrong though it's more likely i'm overestimating userbase.

Could you be right?   No.  There is zero chance that is the case. 

Which i'm guessing you realize now since you completely ignored the whole Second Life corrolary.  

"We both just have opinons" isn't really a viable defense when your opinion goes against all the available data and math we have.

When a statistical range suggests something is between 1 and 10,  you can't suggest the number is 295,927,205 because we don't know the EXACT number.

I'm not calling your opinion silly out of arrogance.  I'm calling it silly because it's silly.  It doesn't conform with any of the data we've been given by sony, the know usage rates and trends of Active User Base and Total User base.  (pretty much always less then half, Over time AUB will be a smaller and smaller percentage of TUB.)

Your guess is basically suggesting that Albert Pujols will have an .850 batting average this year... even though he's batting .260 in spring training and the highest batting average ever is .366.

You wouldn't call someone who called BS on an .850 batting average "arrogant" you would cal him "someone who knows something about baseball."

Studying virtual worlds and there economy is one of my hobbies here.  I know what i'm talking about.

Kasz216 said:

It's not arrogance... it's just common sense.  Could I be wrong?  Sure, my estimate could be a million or two off.   If i'm wrong though it's more likely i'm overestimating userbase.

Could you be right?   No.  There is zero chance that is the case. 

Could I be wrong?  Sure, my estimate could be a million or two off.   If i'm wrong though it's more likely i'm overestimating userbase

OMG. you are just as arrogant in your claim you could be off than your stament about this being common sense. in your claim.

"

You wouldn't call someone who called BS on an .850 batting average "arrogant" you would cal him "someone who knows something about baseball.""

but you really do not know anything about playstation Home and that is very clear as day. who are you trying to convince me or yourself?

You are making blanket statement's about a service you do not even use. But i do infact do use this service and many people that do have more of an idea on this service's usage than you do. that is clear as day.

"Studying virtual worlds and there economy is one of my hobbies here.  I know what i'm talking about."

it may be one of your hobbies, but yet for a service you do not use does not make you any more accurate about playstation Home, than me because unlike you i do infact use the service.

"Could you be right?   No.  There is zero chance that is the case. "

Like i said Absolute Arrogance.

and this is getting us no where, we agree to disagree . Lets just end our argument there. because you have already set in your mind that you are stating fact's about a service you do not even use and are being very dismissive of mine.

I AM BOLO

ps: