By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Research: PlayStation Home Active Users (Please Answer the Pool)

Tagged games:

PlayStation user are you an active PS Home user?

I have a PSN Account and ... 62 24.90%

I have a PSN Account and ... 166 66.67%

See results. I'm not a PlayStation user 20 8.03%

Total:248

I use it on at least a weekly bases.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

i didn't say anything about the number of users, just that your friends list says nothing about it since it makes sense that your personal friends list looks like that as home user. like the list of one of my friends is full of soul calibur players since that is what he always plays (or played)

every fourth user here said he uses home, if that is the case for every ps3 that is already almost 20 million users.

While again that is true, about your friends list say's nothing about how popular a game is or what not.

but like i stated this poll sample size could not  take into account the number of people in each Household.

thus out of the 74+ million PS3's that are in the market how many are there with multiple using the same PS3? that's the point we have no idea how many there are. saying well one person can have multiple account's . while true, Look at it this way if that person takes the time to make a new avatar. he still can only use one at a time! thus on a server level its seen as a new person on home because they are still logging in with said avatar. Time of use is a factor, but it's not like they are just going to log in than right out again and log in with a new avatar on a constant basis, well they could but that would waste more time logging in and out of Home. Lol

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

joeorc said:
crissindahouse said:

i didn't say anything about the number of users, just that your friends list says nothing about it since it makes sense that your personal friends list looks like that as home user. like the list of one of my friends is full of soul calibur players since that is what he always plays (or played)

every fourth user here said he uses home, if that is the case for every ps3 that is already almost 20 million users.

While again that is true, about your friends list say's nothing about how popular a game is or what not.

but like i stated this poll sample size could not  take into account the number of people in each Household.

thus out of the 74+ million PS3's that are in the market how many are there with multiple using the same PS3? that's the point we have no idea how many there are. saying well one person can have multiple account's . while true, Look at it this way if that person takes the time to make a new avatar. he still can only use one at a time! thus on a server level its seen as a new person on home because they are still logging in with said avatar. Time of use is a factor, but it's not like they are just going to log in than right out again and log in with a new avatar on a constant basis, well they could but that would waste more time logging in and out of Home. Lol

Once again... that's 100% unrealistic.

31 million montly users would make it nearly = to league of legends, a game that has no peer when it comes to montly users.

It would also make Home more popular then internet sites like Etsy and Deviant Art.

You pay for Netflix sure... but it still only has 23 million users.

31 million users in a month would be such a success it'd have it's own press release.  Multiple actually.

You wouldn't have to look at a press release about something being added to find the number.   Rather then being treated like it doesn't really exist by Sony PR at GDC, E3, PAX and everything else.

If it had 10 million monthly users it would be amazingly impressive.

Couple of times.

PS4, assuming they bring over Home, will solve all its problems. Currently its really slow, many loading screens and its lagging alot.

Kasz216 said:

31 million montly users would make it nearly = to league of legends, a game that has no peer when it comes to montly users.

It would also make Home more popular then internet sites like Etsy and Deviant Art.

31 million users in a month would be such a success it'd have it's own press release.  Multiple actually.

You wouldn't have to look at a press release about something being added to find the number.   Rather then being treated like it doesn't really exist by Sony PR at GDC, E3, PAX and everything else.

like i stated as an example:

How so: is this being unrealistic in a social network environment ? its not the same as a game network environment. this is a mixture of the two

This again may not be a 1:1 basis, You keep looking at it like a game and not like a social network,
example: I have a PS3 my two sister's each has a PS3 but she and my other sister also has 3 kid's each. Each one of those kid's also has a playstation Home account. and i talk and chat with them all almost every day and play some bowling. in playstation Home between me my wife and my 2 other sister's my wife and 3 kids that's 3 PS3's but 11 active user's! 

me+ wife = 2 
my oldest sister and her husband + three kid's= 5
my youngest sister and her three children= 4

that's 11 people on 3 PS3's

now think world wide!

Saying 31 million people use the Playstation Home service in a number of Households across the world would not be far fetched, since it may not even be talking about a 1:1 user base per single PS3. when companies sell a " living room " Game console they mainly look at its for the House Hold. How many in that house hold are just as important as just a single person in the household if multiple people can use, play or purchase content on that single PS3! in this case or any living room game console for that matter.

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
joeorc said:

Kasz216 said:

like i stated as an example:

How so: is this being unrealistic in a social network environment ? its not the same as a game network environment. this is a mixture of the two

This again may not be a 1:1 basis, You keep looking at it like a game and not like a social network,
example: I have a PS3 my two sister's each has a PS3 but she and my other sister also has 3 kid's each. Each one of those kid's also has a playstation Home account. and i talk and chat with them all almost every day and play some bowling. in playstation Home between me my wife and my 2 other sister's my wife and 3 kids that's 3 PS3's but 11 active user's! 

me+ wife = 2 
my oldest sister and her husband + three kid's= 5
my youngest sister and her three children= 4

that's 11 people on 3 PS3's

now think world wide!

Saying 31 million people use the Playstation Home service in a number of Households across the world would not be far fetched, since it may not even be talking about a 1:1 user base per single PS3. when companies sell a " living room " Game console they mainly look at its for the House Hold. How many in that house hold are just as important as just a single person in the household if multiple people can use, play or purchase content on that single PS3! in this case or any living room game console for that matter.

Yes.  It's more unrealistic.  In a game network enviroment it's much harder to get users let alone multiple users from one console .   Since it's a hell of a lot easier to logout of one website and keep everything then it is a PSN account.

Saying 31 million people use playstation home a month is completely unrealistic as far as social networks go... let alone on the PS3.

Hell... League of Legends facebook page has more likes then Playstation's facebook page... does.  Let alone Home.

It's sad that anybody thinks this.  Espiecally since the few times Sony has ever announced Home users it's been "total users" and not "total active users".

I mean... 40 Million people signed up for an Xbox live account... at the start of 2012.   Not gold mind you... just an Xbox live account in general.

Kasz216 said:

you are trying to use a web network tracking usage stat to guage the number for playstation Home, which is completely wrong..because there is no public network usage traffic tracker for playstation Home. So how can you say it's unrealistic? and be correct?

you state this:

"Yes.  It's more unrealistic.  In a game network enviroment it's much harder to get users let alone multiple users from one console .   Since it's a hell of a lot easier to logout of one website and keep everything then it is a PSN account."

what's that got to do with tracking ? you log in and log out your server keep's tab's on when you do so. that does not have any real bearing on who is using the service, because the person is be that guy or girl grandma or granpa. the number of player's at anyone time is just that. IS there such a PUBLIC WEB TRAFFIC STAT FOR PLAYSTATION HOME?  that answer is a NO!

Again you state

In a game network enviroment it's much harder to get users let alone multiple users from one console .

And it still all boil's down to one person log's in one time per/machine per day and the web traffic is tracked.

you are still not accounting for multiple user's per house hold. 

I AM BOLO

ps:

joeorc said:

you are trying to use a web network tracking usage stat to guage the number for playstation Home, which is completely wrong..because there is no public network usage traffic tracker for playstation Home. So how can you say it's unrealistic? and be correct?

The thing is that if Home was really that popular, Sony wouldn't stop talking about it, they would have mentionned it in their PS4 reveal and probably made it a cornerstone of their new social console.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
joeorc said:

The thing is that if Home was really that popular, Sony wouldn't stop talking about it, they would have mentionned it in their PS4 reveal and probably made it a cornerstone of their new social console.

and are they stop talking about it..? ever been on home in the past two year's?

its already being talked about, think about this DR. Who, H.Potter, ford, Red Bull, Disney, if it was not that big why would these ip Holder's invest into it?

it seems to me ever since Home has been released , you have had many people keep saying it's not worth it or it's not that popular, but that is the thing' though it's mainly by people that never use the service or even logged on in the past 3 or 4 year's saying those thing's.

in 2010 it was 14 million that tried the service

in 2011 it jumped past 22 in 2011

now it's past 31 million

if it was not having a sizable install base why is their growth?

every week new content is added to Home! has been for over multiple year's . and it's Quite profitable for Sony.

I AM BOLO

ps:

joeorc said:
TruckOSaurus said:
joeorc said:

and are they stop talking about it..? ever been on home in the past two year's?

its already being talked about, think about this DR. Who, H.Potter, ford, Red Bull, Disney, if it was not that big why would these ip Holder's invest into it?

it seems to me ever since Home has been released , you have had many people keep saying it's not worth it or it's not that popular, but that is the thing' though it's mainly by people that never use the service or even logged on in the past 3 or 4 year's saying those thing's.

in 2010 it was 14 million that tried the service

in 2011 it jumped past 22 in 2011

now it's past 31 million

if it was not having a sizable install base why is their growth?

every week new content is added to Home! has been for over multiple year's . and it's Quite profitable for Sony.

Sorta made my point with me on that one.

Went from 14 million tried, to 22 million tried, to 31 million tride.

As in, it's been tried by 31 million users with a much lower active userbase.