By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you support gay marriage or not? What is your reasons?

I think marriage should be a civil contract with no tax benefits and should be open to any two (and potentially more, but that gets legally complicated) people who desire it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

from what I gather of the issue both sides will not budge from their views.

personally this pisses me off as its such a minor issue in relation to the other crap happening in our economy and in the world and this has been debated for far too long.

Simply create a new word for gay marriages and let religion be happy and gay people be happy. NEXT ISSUE?

I say let the gays marry, because the whole concept of marriage is gay anyway.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I'm neutral on gay marriage. The concept has never done anything to harm me, much like cheddar cheese. So I don't see why it shouldn't exist. Plus, it would probably make society a better, stabler place. And, to top it off, it will upset people I so not like. So, whenever I have a say, I support gay marriage's right to exist.

Love and tolerate.

It's a non-issue, and there is a lot of demagoguery on the topic. People like to say it's right-wing religious Tea Partier's that are against it. Yet, over 70% of African Americans in California voted for Prop 8. What does that tell you? Blacks are traditionally very liberal, but even they are against gay marriage.

Personally, I could care less. They can do whatever they want, and call it whatever they want. Just as long as they don't force their definition on me. I don't government should be involved in marriage at all, so to me there isn't anything to discuss. My personal opinion is my own, but it's just that. My own. Doesn't influence my opinion of what public policy ought to be.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Around the Network

Gays can get married in many, many churches, temples, etc., but they do not get the civil rights (in the USA) that come with their Marriage. Even in the states the have Same Sex Marriage, it is not recognized under DOMA and full federal rights are denied these couples.

I personally find it repugnant and embarrassing that South Africa, Argentina, and Mexico all have succeeded the USA in this basic civil right. As I found it embarrassing that the fact that Obama’s parents could not have been married in California due to it’s own ban on interracial marriage (but that has since been removed.)

Personally I think argument about suing to ‘force the Church’ to marry someone, is really silly and shows a woeful ignorance of the separation of Church and State in the USA. I know some people don’t like same sex marriage, but I think it’s time they stop pushing their own personal bigotry on others and their legal rights.

PS I had never heard about the 'Cross 1 man 1 woman anti-marriage equality' icon.  It seems so cowardly to copy someone else's design like that - and even keep the same colours.  If you really want to stand out and be different - do something different!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I see no reason for why it would be illegal. I don't think that religious institutions should have to support it though.

Oh ohohoh so that's what those are for, had no clue ^^ - and yes, i support gay marriage because if a man can marry 7 women why couldn't a woman marry 1? no but seriously, there's nothing wrong with it, it's legal and doesn't affect you, why not?

Busted said:
Oh ohohoh so that's what those are for, had no clue ^^ - and yes, i support gay marriage because if a man can marry 7 women why couldn't a woman marry 1? no but seriously, there's nothing wrong with it, it's legal and doesn't affect you, why not?

Yeah I had to ask somebody myself who had that as her profile picture.  I didnt have a clue why everybody was using them.  

Frankly I couldn't care less. If that pleases them, then by all means. I was raised in a very conservative family and the Christian values are strong, but personally, while I would never engage in homosexual activities, I have gay friends and I have no issue with them getting married. Hopefully in 20 to 50 years from now things like this will be a non issue.