By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 11 ( Mar 11 - Mar 17 )

Good numbers for the Vita, although I hoped for something in the ~40 - 43 ballpark. Next week we'll see if it can keep the good momentum, hopefully it will!
But the SS drop is significantly bigger than I expected. Next week will prove if it can maintain decent legs. Maybe a good word of mouth will help it, since it also depends on it's social aspects.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

You know, it´s great to have those charts, but don´t anyone think that its about time companies start to announce their sales on downloadable software ? For example, we all know that Animal Crossing sold A LOT more than the chart suggests, because those are only retail sales but we know that the game was at least downloaded 300k

Soundwave said:
teigaga said:
Wii selling under 10k till a E3 confirmed. maybe the week of Dragon Quest X it'll reach 22k?

I would say 30k+ for DQX week. 

They'll probably have Pikmin 3 in May. 

Yeah nintendo like to announce release dates really soon to the actual release. I think its  actually quite damaging to their hardware sales, if I knew exactly Pikim was comming out I'll feel more comfortable about buying a Wii U now. If sony can solidify dates as far as september/october (Killzone Vita+ Beyond 2 souls), then Nintendo should as well.

This thread seems somewhat quieter to the last few. Why is this?

Also, pretty hefty falls for Vita and SS (I said 45k and 70k for them) and Wii U still going down but pretty much level now. DQX releases in a couple weeks so hopefully that'll help sales.

Next week:

3DS- 120k
Vita- 30k

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

KH is over $70 with tax... I bet SE could sell FF15 for over $80 and get day 1 sales greater than 1m units

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Aerys said:

Good Vita numbers !

Soul Sacrifice sold 160k in 2 weeks ! ( +40k of bundle double units )

Remember its a new IP guys, so its good. ( even a game appealing to a larger public like Bravely Default sold 180k in 2 weeks with a similar drop, and its now at 300k )

With DD sales it looks it's closer to 200K. 

Next week is 200K surely. Pretty great if you ask me.

Indeed, and we dont even know the bundle double units sales for this week.

Good thing to know : Soul Sacrifice is the biggest new sony IP on handled console !

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Vita O.o i was expecting 45-55k, well One Piece Comes out today so it'll have an impact on Vita sales maybe 40k next week?

3DS will be much over WoW cuz Luigi Mansion coming out today

kowenicki said:
Vita has to maintain above 25k. Its that simple.

or else what?

GOW looks like it's following the UK example world wide.

Vita dropping like a rock now the software is spent, should have a softer drop next week due to One piece so expecting some where in the 26-26k range.

Conegamer said:
This thread seems somewhat quieter to the last few. Why is this?

Also, pretty hefty falls for Vita and SS (I said 45k and 70k for them) and Wii U still going down but pretty much level now. DQX releases in a couple weeks so hopefully that'll help sales.

Next week:

3DS- 120k
Vita- 30k

hhmmm.... I noticed the same thing...  There should be over 100 posts by now.