By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 11 ( Mar 11 - Mar 17 )

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Nem said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Because it is a HD remaster. Did you seriously expect it to sell on par with KH 3D which is a brand new game and new story?

FYI it is the number 1 selling  HD collection in Japan.

For a kingdom hearts fan its a must have and i believe the 3DS user base at the time of 3D was smaller than the PS3 one is now.

User base is irrelevant in a big game like KH. It's proven time and time again that User base doesn't affect big games.

Comparing KH 1.5 HD collection to KH 3D is really unfair. KH 3D is a brand new game and a lot of KH fans still haven't played it while KH 1.5 HD is a collection of older game.  Games in it are  already played by many KH fan and it is not a must have if you already played all of them. It's not even a remake it's just a remaster of older games. 

Yes but can we really deny that the series is in decline? Because i think that much is obvious. And thats why im concluding that KH3 will have to be multiplatform to justify the investment.

Around the Network
Nem said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

User base is irrelevant in a big game like KH. It's proven time and time again that User base doesn't affect big games.

Comparing KH 1.5 HD collection to KH 3D is really unfair. KH 3D is a brand new game and a lot of KH fans still haven't played it while KH 1.5 HD is a collection of older game.  Games in it are  already played by many KH fan and it is not a must have if you already played all of them. It's not even a remake it's just a remaster of older games. 

Yes but can we really deny that the series is in decline? Because i think that much is obvious. And thats why im concluding that KH3 will have to be multiplatform to justify the investment.

We can't base that KH is declining due to KH 1.5 HD sales because it is only a HD remaster. It's on the same breed with the other HD remasters and to think that KH 1.5 HD manage to outsell the other collections and being the number 1 selling HD remaster in Japan is a great achievement. 

Player2 said:
outlawauron said:
Player2 said:
outlawauron said:
Player2 said:
RolStoppable said:
Immortal said:
pokoko said:
I expect Luigi's Mansion to do 900k in Japan in its opening week.

I have to say; this is extremely childish. Nobody made any outlandish predictions about the Vita just to downplay it later on. People genuinely thought it would do better. Sony fans need to be less paranoid. You guys are getting worse and worse.

That's not true. We both said 200k for price cut week, although at least I forgot to post in the Media Create thread to voice my disappointment. Not sure about you.

Vita doing 200K? That's nothing. Some One Sony fans with less than 200 posts and Turkish predicted 3.4M and 2.4M for Soul Sacrifice in 2013. But who knows, it can still happen.

Bringing up this is like bringing up johnlucas' predictions as some sort of sign of what the majority expects.

I wasn't talking about the majority. Pokoko implicitly said that some Nintendo fans made outlandish Vita predictions, Immortal pointed that no Nintendo fan did, Rol make a joke about a nonexisting one, and I said that if somebody made one it was a Sony fan.

I suppose it depends on your definition of outlandish. I certainly think a lot of unrealistic expectations were made. I'm looking squarely at you conegamer.

Conegamer's predictions are usually high, but they are that way for all the systems so I don't think he did it on purpose to make the Vita look bad. I still remember his bet about Wii U doing over 100K/week in January...

What have I done? I don't think my predictions are outlandish, on the optimistic side perhaps. But it's the same with all consoles as you say, I don't have any "bias" like so many seem to be thinking.

And yes, looking at the Wii U sales at the time they weren't far behind Wii in terms of sales in December, so staying above 100k sorta made sense then to me. Clearly that was wrong and I'm not ashamed to say so. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Nem said:

On a side note, i actually think the Kingdom hearts numbers are kind of weak. Definitly not on the same league as kingdom hearts 3D. I think the series is in serious decline, wich isnt surprising as its progressed at a snails pace on several different systems. If i had to guess, KH3 to happen will come out on both PS3 and Wii U and maybe 360. Its the only way to ensure decent sales at this point.

Because it is a HD remaster. Did you seriously expect it to sell on par with KH 3D which is a brand new game and new story?

FW? or LTD? Somehow I find that hard to believe. Do you have any numbers of the other HD collections?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

FW? or LTD? Somehow I find that hard to believe. Do you have any numbers of the other HD collections?

FW

128,414 - Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX

89,112 - The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection

59,060 - Metal Gear Solid HD Edition

44,221 - Devil May Cry HD Collection

43,265 - Zone of the Enders HD Collection

39,900 - Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
VGKing said:
Soundwave said:

I think Vita will normalize around the 15k-18k/week range. It's still in its honeymoon phase from the price drop/game releases.

Soul Sacrifice is obviously no Monster Hunter. 

No, it isn't but look at the first PSP Monster Hunter and how it sold its first 10 weeks.

Week EndingWeekWeeklyChangeTotal
03rd December 2005 1 122,941 N/A 122,941
10th December 2005 2 60,095 -51.1% 183,036
17th December 2005 3 32,566 -45.8% 215,602
24th December 2005 4 38,643 18.7% 254,245
31st December 2005 5 34,932 -9.6% 289,177
07th January 2006 6 38,805 11.1% 327,982
14th January 2006 7 29,793 -23.2% 357,775
21st January 2006 8 26,251 -11.9% 384,026
28th January 2006 9 19,669 -25.1% 403,695
04th February 2006 10 19,349 -1.6% 423,044

Soul Sacrifice is performing worse, but consider the fact that Monster Hunter was made popular by the PS2 games. For a new IP, Soul Sacrifice is selling well and if it can reach at least 500k lifetime, that would be amazing.

Doesn't look like Soul Sacrifice will even sniff 300k IMO. It doesn't have legs. 

Has better legs than all other Vita games so far. I'm optimistic.

Big Vita drop.

Nanco shipped over 500k units for One Piece 2.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/21/one-piece-pirate-warriors-2-ships-more-than-500000-units/

Expected.

I need this game

ethomaz said:

I need this game

i need this game But seriously i need one piece as well!