By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 11 ( Mar 11 - Mar 17 )

tbone51 said:
binary solo said:
So Vita Japan likely to be > Wii U world wide, yet it's done disappointingly for a lot of people. The only reason it appears disappointing is because it spent 2 weeks >60K. If it had gone 60K then 45K then 36K people wouldn't be calling 36K unexpectedly low.

I guess this week's PS3 numbers show the power of Kingdom Hearts. PS3 sales life on the basis of a PS2 HD re-release. Though I suppose nearly every Kingdom Hearts fan who doesn't already have a PS3 will buy this so they can play it like it's all new, and it has trophies. Still small compensation for lack of KH3, unless the HD re-release implies KH3 isn't too far away.

are you serious? How much do you expect Vita in Japan alone to sell? Also how much you think WiiU will sell? Since you think Vita(Japan)>WiiU(WW)

O_o You do realise you are in the Media Create / Famitsu Japan Hardware sales for 17 March thread right? You only have to look at the OP to KNOW how much Vita has sold.

Also have you looked at the VGC homepage lately? Based on the WW Wii U sales for the last 5 or 6 weeks, and they fact they have been declining over that period, it's a pretty good possibility that Wii U sales won't jump by 8K (21%) based on the software releases in the west this week (Japan sales fell by ~1K so west sales need to make up for that fall).

Or do you think Lego City and a Monster Hunter Tri port will boost sales by a lot? At this point in a console's life, especially selling as badly as Wii U, any game release is bound to boost sales a bit, but both of those games have pretty small pre-order numbers in USA, so I don't expect that big of a boost.

Still even the fact that WiiU (WW) < Vita (J) is a possibility is not good for Wii U.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Do famitsu and media create track digital download sales? Are they estimated in their total sales or is this just retail copies.

binary solo said:
tbone51 said:
binary solo said:
So Vita Japan likely to be > Wii U world wide, yet it's done disappointingly for a lot of people. The only reason it appears disappointing is because it spent 2 weeks >60K. If it had gone 60K then 45K then 36K people wouldn't be calling 36K unexpectedly low.

I guess this week's PS3 numbers show the power of Kingdom Hearts. PS3 sales life on the basis of a PS2 HD re-release. Though I suppose nearly every Kingdom Hearts fan who doesn't already have a PS3 will buy this so they can play it like it's all new, and it has trophies. Still small compensation for lack of KH3, unless the HD re-release implies KH3 isn't too far away.

are you serious? How much do you expect Vita in Japan alone to sell? Also how much you think WiiU will sell? Since you think Vita(Japan)>WiiU(WW)

O_o You do realise you are in the Media Create / Famitsu Japan Hardware sales for 17 March thread right? You only have to look at the OP to KNOW how much Vita has sold.

Also have you looked at the VGC homepage lately? Based on the WW Wii U sales for the last 5 or 6 weeks, and they fact they have been declining over that period, it's a pretty good possibility that Wii U sales won't jump by 8K (21%) based on the software releases in the west this week (Japan sales fell by ~1K so west sales need to make up for that fall).

Or do you think Lego City and a Monster Hunter Tri port will boost sales by a lot? At this point in a console's life, especially selling as badly as Wii U, any game release is bound to boost sales a bit, but both of those games have pretty small pre-order numbers in USA, so I don't expect that big of a boost.

Still even the fact that WiiU (WW) < Vita (J) is a possibility is not good for Wii U.

of course not but it should move a little bit of sales. I kno it aint anything big lol. But seriously how much do you think Vita will sell in Japan? Wii U has a chance if given the software to beat out Vita WW if the right software is there despite Wii U's atrocious sales past 6-8 weeks!

Jabbamk1 said:
Do famitsu and media create track digital download sales? Are they estimated in their total sales or is this just retail copies.

No digital, just retail estimates.

(it does include digital download code cards that are sold in stores, since those are effectively retail)

Guys, seriously. Wii U is being undertracked in America right now, just like every other console. Keep the Vita Japan vs Wii U Global comparisons in your back pocket until Wii U global figures are actually legit.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:

Wii U is probably back to being undertracked again. Wouldn't be surprised to see it adjusted up to 35-40k globally after March NPD numbers or quarterly fiscal reports.

You might want to quote the guy who made the post about it, not me.  Again, I wasn't making a prediction with my reply to tbone; I was just interpreting what he had said.

pezus said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:

Correct.  The response to the prevous two weeks regarding Vita being saved was far more vociferous.

I smell paranoia.

You people are surprised that the week of a price cut, plus a week with even higher Vita sales, that beat 3DS, and a big exclusive new IP had more posts? 

no, we arent.  you completely missed the point.

Oh, obviously. 

But look again at what you were responding to and the original post. 

I'm also pretty sure "over 100 posts in an hour" is an exaggeration, but alas there is no way to prove that.

Easy enough to prove if you look at the post ID (the OP was 5207342 and the 150th post was 5208031, a difference of around 700 posts...I'm not really sure where I'm going with that but I could swear you used to be able to check when posts were created. In addition, I know I first posted within an hour of the thread going up, and it already had 88 posts then) but regardless of that fact, it wasn't the point. 

It was more satire at other people who used this reponse when the Vita, PS3, Wii U, 3DS etc. sales decreased somewhat after a large group of people commenting on the success of that console. But yeah, that appear to have been less-clear than intended.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Cheers for the reply. 

pezus said:
^I know what's missing, ethomaz' crazy predictions (and the responses to them) - easily like 50 posts right there

arent my predictions enough

RolStoppable said:
pezus said:
^I know what's missing, ethomaz' crazy predictions (and the responses to them) - easily like 50 posts right there

I see, he is banned. So is VGKing.

Things aren't the same without them.

what for how long?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers