By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 11 ( Mar 11 - Mar 17 )

pokoko said:
I expect Luigi's Mansion to do 900k in Japan in its opening week.

I have to say; this is extremely childish. Nobody made any outlandish predictions about the Vita just to downplay it later on. People genuinely thought it would do better. Sony fans need to be less paranoid. You guys are getting worse and worse.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network
pokoko said:
tbone51 said:
pokoko said:

lol, yea right! That would be awesome though like your enthusiasm! It'll get anywhere between 180k-320k! Hard to predict this guy

NintendoPie said:
pokoko said:

Wow, Pokoko. When did this secret love for Luigi come up?

You know you're way off when Tbone predicts much lower than that!

You guys!  Stop derailing my biting sarcasm with your winsome naiveté!  I'm trying to make a point here!

Also, NinPie, I want to see Korean and/or Pokemon hotness ASAP.  Your choice.

Your sarcasm fail, because there were crazy predictions from Sony fans. It wasn't other fans saying that they were going to sell x amounts and then call "aww those are low sales", I really don't have time to dig up all the posts, but right now I have ethomaz "SS will have the biggest FW for PSV" (yes that includes a bigger FW than Miku, and Persona)

And my prediction is in the COMG thread, if you want to check it, real sales exceeded it extraordinarily, and I recognized that, as many others did.

Even Dragon Quest VII only managed to pull off 836k for its first week. 900k is just insanity!

michael_stutzer said:
Conegamer said:
This thread seems somewhat quieter to the last few. Why is this?

Also, pretty hefty falls for Vita and SS (I said 45k and 70k for them) and Wii U still going down but pretty much level now. DQX releases in a couple weeks so hopefully that'll help sales.

Next week:

3DS- 120k
Vita- 30k

It seems to me that you don't know what you are talking about. Check the second weeks of other big Vita games. SS did good. 70k second week? LOL.

It was halving the sales of that week, and seeing it just below Animal Crossing gave me hope it'd be in the 50-60k range (which still would have been great), so such a hefty fall was a surprise.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Soundwave said:
VGKing said:
Soundwave said:

I think Vita will normalize around the 15k-18k/week range. It's still in its honeymoon phase from the price drop/game releases.

Soul Sacrifice is obviously no Monster Hunter. 

No, it isn't but look at the first PSP Monster Hunter and how it sold its first 10 weeks.

Week EndingWeekWeeklyChangeTotal
03rd December 2005 1 122,941 N/A 122,941
10th December 2005 2 60,095 -51.1% 183,036
17th December 2005 3 32,566 -45.8% 215,602
24th December 2005 4 38,643 18.7% 254,245
31st December 2005 5 34,932 -9.6% 289,177
07th January 2006 6 38,805 11.1% 327,982
14th January 2006 7 29,793 -23.2% 357,775
21st January 2006 8 26,251 -11.9% 384,026
28th January 2006 9 19,669 -25.1% 403,695
04th February 2006 10 19,349 -1.6% 423,044

Soul Sacrifice is performing worse, but consider the fact that Monster Hunter was made popular by the PS2 games. For a new IP, Soul Sacrifice is selling well and if it can reach at least 500k lifetime, that would be amazing.

Doesn't look like Soul Sacrifice will even sniff 300k IMO. It doesn't have legs. 

That would be one of the easiest bets in the world to go against you.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
pokoko said:

Lowballing.  Will remain in triple figures for 3 weeks.

3DS should easily clear above 200k again and then only down to 175k after that. Sounds reasonable.

Conegamer said:
michael_stutzer said:
Conegamer said:

Also, pretty hefty falls for Vita and SS (I said 45k and 70k for them) and Wii U still going down but pretty much level now. DQX releases in a couple weeks so hopefully that'll help sales.

Next week:

3DS- 120k
Vita- 30k

It seems to me that you don't know what you are talking about. Check the second weeks of other big Vita games. SS did good. 70k second week? LOL.

It was halving the sales of that week, and seeing it just below Animal Crossing gave me hope it'd be in the 50-60k range (which still would have been great), so such a hefty fall was a surprise.

But with games that do not have broad mainstream appeal, you expect a 80% drop and hope for legs afterwards. The "hefty fall" is only due to your ignorance of the market. Animal Crossing is a anolmaly that publishers can only hope to have once. It's incredible how well it's selling, and should never be used as a barometer or example for anything other than Animal Crossing. It's just dumb to justify your claim on a game like Soul Sacrifice which by virtue of itself its content, can never achieve that level of success.

Immortal said:
pokoko said:

I have to say; this is extremely childish. Nobody made any outlandish predictions about the Vita just to downplay it later on. People genuinely thought it would do better. Sony fans need to be less paranoid. You guys are getting worse and worse.

You're right, Sony fans are really paranoid.  I blame EA, UbiSoft, and Amazon.

A few people in this thread have already indicated that they are disappointed with the Soul Sacrifice numbers after revealing expectations that were extremely unlikely and had very little in the way of precedent.  Even established series on the Vita have come nowhere near selling over half the first week total in the second week.  It has nothing to do with being a Sony fan or Nintendo fan, it has to do with being realistic.  

Conegamer said:

Next week:

3DS- 120k
Vita- 30k

That first sentence is ridiculous. 2 weeks ago was vita pricecut week, an anomaly. 1 week ago was vita beating 3DS yet another anomaly. You expect the same amount of people to come in, when this week is like many other weeks this year? I thought 130 posts in 7 hours was not too bad compared to the 350 in a week.

I actually think this is encouraging for Vita. The Wii U is troubling, but we'll really see overtime as more support and games come in how it really attracts a base... there's just not nearly as much excitement about the new gen as I am accustomed to. The possibility for greater games on newer technology is there, but it remains to be see if developers will capabilitize on it or not.. and I am speaking mainly in terms of gameplay, not necessarily graphics.