By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 11 ( Mar 11 - Mar 17 )

Conegamer said:
This thread seems somewhat quieter to the last few. Why is this?

Also, pretty hefty falls for Vita and SS (I said 45k and 70k for them) and Wii U still going down but pretty much level now. DQX releases in a couple weeks so hopefully that'll help sales.

Next week:

3DS- 120k
Vita- 30k

It seems to me that you don't know what you are talking about. Check the second weeks of other big Vita games. SS did good. 70k second week? LOL.

Around the Network

"you're new to the site so ill give you a piece of advise, you wont last long on here if you keep this attitude you had in this post"

Why are people really sensitive to the truth here or something?

Jozu said:
"you're new to the site so ill give you a piece of advise, you wont last long on here if you keep this attitude you had in this post"

another advise, if you want to reply to someone and want a notification to be showed on there vgchartz buddy press qoute instead of reply. 

nobody said anybody was hurt. yet you are making assumptions about a game that you havent played "god of war must suck", those were your words and they clearly indicate that you didnt play the game. you're basing the quality of a game that doesnt appeal one bit to the japanese market. 

NintendoPie said:
3DS regained #1. No surprise.
PSV laying around 20k weekly, I would think. Much better than what it was doing and I'm sure that will be welcome. (Still not the best, obviously. After the Price-Cut, it'll need teh gaemz.)

Animal Crossing is still really holding strong. 3.5/3.8 Million before WW Release?

Its way past 3.5mil now, miyamoto stated i think end of Feb that the game was including Bundle+Digital at 3.5mil, it should be closing in on 4mil now, it'll end up probably 4.5-5mil by WW release

NintendoPie said:
PSV laying around 20k weekly, I would think. Much better than what it was doing and I'm sure that will be welcome. (Still not the best, obviously. After the Price-Cut, it'll need teh gaemz.)

Animal Crossing is still really holding strong. 3.5/3.8 Million before WW Release?

It's already there including digital sales.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
NintendoPie said:

It's already there including digital sales.

I'm basing this number off of Famitsu and Media Create's numbers in the OP.

@Tbone, 4 Million including Digital when it releases WW you say?

Jozu said:

No. Generally speaking, gloating is frowned upon in society and this site is no different.

The PS5 Exists. 

Conegamer said:
This thread seems somewhat quieter to the last few. Why is this?

Also, pretty hefty falls for Vita and SS (I said 45k and 70k for them) and Wii U still going down but pretty much level now. DQX releases in a couple weeks so hopefully that'll help sales.

Next week:

3DS- 120k
Vita- 30k

God, ConeyG. You are such a conspiracy theorist.

Animal Crossing seems like it is truly a massive title. It could very well eclipse 10 million worldwide, maybe beat its predecessor. That's a good thing for 3DS and Nintendo, since some other big titles like Nintendogs and Brain Age don't seem to have that longevity.

To be fair, here's how GoWA currently stands in Japan on Amazon

It's not exactly wowing Japanese tastes, but this really isn't a surprise. But it's false to call it a bad game too.