By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 11 ( Mar 11 - Mar 17 )

Conegamer said:
tbone51 said:
Max King of the Wild said:
The thread has 80 posts in under 4 hours... wow people really are doing exactly what poko said they were doing

wats that??? (seriously i dont kno)

Exactly what me, Kresnik and other people predicted 2 weeks ago, moreso last week.

People were really bigging up the Vita sales and the previous thread got over 100 posts in an hour, claiming outlandish things like Vita is saved, SS is the next Monster Hunter, Vita over 60k this week etc., whilst we claimed that this was a bad move and one which would only produce retaliation comments because of the outlandish nature of the predictions. This seems to be the case.

Whilst the Vita and SS drop is disappointing, it is expected. 

Also it only has 65 posts. 

I think you need to look at how many post it has again... imagine that it's growing. And it will continue to grow over the next week. It is still during work hours where the most users live. It isn't some vita conspiracy/

Around the Network

Vita is doing much better than expected. Should easily stay above 20k for a while

Troll_Whisperer said:
That's a pretty good hold for the Vita actually, selling about 60% as much as right after the price cut, on its third week. It compares very favourably to other price cuts in Japan. One Piece and Muramasa are coming in the next couple of weeks, hopefully it'll stay above 30k and then level off at around 20k. Not much on the horizon after April bar FFX though, so we'll see.

The rest, same as usual. Pretty big discrepancy for WiiU between both trackers (percentage-wise).

I agree with everything you said except last sentance. under 9k or under 10k is not much of a discrepency. %'s are often misleading, especially when 10% represents a small number

no one talk about terrible sale GoW:A ??!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahah

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

It is good to see the 3DS up from last week. Vita is down by quite a bit seems the pricecut and software boost is starting to fade away. The real question is what will the Vita's baseline be. I am hoping that it can hover around 15 to 20k. Soul Sacrifice dropped quite a bit but it could have been worse. Nice opening for Kingdom Hearts Remix.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

Around the Network
pokoko said:
I'm puzzled by the people expressing surprise over Soul Sacrifice's drop. What did they expect from a new IP in Japan? It appears to be trending about the same as other games with the same opening week, and perhaps a bit ahead, which I think is very good for a game that isn't a sequel. I kind of get the feeling that some people are inflating their expectations so they can be "disappointed", to be honest.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus dropped from 91k to 16k and it's an established franchised. Professor Layton opened at 132k and dropped to 30k--again, an established franchise, but also on a system with an exponentially higher installed base. And are people serious with the Monster Hunter comparisons, which is on its 108th version? I admit that I found that more than a bit amusing.

Vita hardware sales also seem to be fine, with the third week being more than half of the second week, which was itself pretty good.

This is a very, very old trick I think it works both ways too. 

N-Magic said:

1. What's funny? I don't get the joke.

2. Whats your definition of terrible? The Japanese aren't too fond of GoW to begin with and this is selling as much as we should expect it to... just like GeoW will when that's released

Vita sales are decent. Soul Sacrifice's performance is really good, over 200k with downloads, retail + deluxe copies on an install base of less than 1.4 million is great - attach rate of 15%.

Nonetheless, Vita sales should maintain a 20k average per week from here on forth. The next high profile PS Vita exclusive game however only comes on June 20th - God Dimension Idol Neptune PP.

Max King of the Wild said:
N-Magic said:

1. What's funny? I don't get the joke.

2. Whats your definition of terrible? The Japanese aren't too fond of GoW to begin with and this is selling as much as we should expect it to... just like GeoW will when that's released

Don't mind it, it's one of the worst trolls on this site. Don't feed it, just ignore it.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Now with One Piece 夢想2 out here in Japan, I'm hoping the sales of that game do well.
I'm not surprised with how poor the Vita and Wii U are doing here.. In the past weeks, I've seen people bringing in their Vitas to trade in for cash...its not that great..

I recently got rid of my xbox and wii u since Wii is performing like poop..Lack of titles and support..Feels like a waste to me.

三国夢想7 is really good though. Great to play

I'm a vlogger/blogger/photographer/gamer

http://www.facebook.com/nualphajpn

nualphajpn.tumblr.com

http://www.twitter.com/xfataldmg