By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 11 ( Mar 11 - Mar 17 )

So Vita Japan likely to be > Wii U world wide, yet it's done disappointingly for a lot of people. The only reason it appears disappointing is because it spent 2 weeks >60K. If it had gone 60K then 45K then 36K people wouldn't be calling 36K unexpectedly low.

I guess this week's PS3 numbers show the power of Kingdom Hearts. PS3 sales life on the basis of a PS2 HD re-release. Though I suppose nearly every Kingdom Hearts fan who doesn't already have a PS3 will buy this so they can play it like it's all new, and it has trophies. Still small compensation for lack of KH3, unless the HD re-release implies KH3 isn't too far away.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
So Vita Japan likely to be > Wii U world wide, yet it's done disappointingly for a lot of people. The only reason it appears disappointing is because it spent 2 weeks >60K. If it had gone 60K then 45K then 36K people wouldn't be calling 36K unexpectedly low.

I guess this week's PS3 numbers show the power of Kingdom Hearts. PS3 sales life on the basis of a PS2 HD re-release. Though I suppose nearly every Kingdom Hearts fan who doesn't already have a PS3 will buy this so they can play it like it's all new, and it has trophies. Still small compensation for lack of KH3, unless the HD re-release implies KH3 isn't too far away.

are you serious? How much do you expect Vita in Japan alone to sell? Also how much you think WiiU will sell? Since you think Vita(Japan)>WiiU(WW)

tbone51 said:

are you serious? How much do you expect Vita in Japan alone to sell? Also how much you think WiiU will sell? Since you think Vita(Japan)>WiiU(WW)

He means this week.  36k for Vita (Japan) will be more than Wii-U sells global in this week's chart (it sold 30k last week, for comparison).

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

He means this week.  36k for Vita (Japan) will be more than Wii-U sells global in this week's chart (it sold 30k last week, for comparison).

oh? Yeah maybe for week 11 but not week 12 imo. Vita next week should be higher next week in japan since one piece comes out! I think 42k

pezus said:
kowenicki said:
Conegamer said:
tbone51 said:
Max King of the Wild said:
The thread has 80 posts in under 4 hours... wow people really are doing exactly what poko said they were doing

wats that??? (seriously i dont kno)

Exactly what me, Kresnik and other people predicted 2 weeks ago, moreso last week.

People were really bigging up the Vita sales and the previous thread got over 100 posts in an hour, claiming outlandish things like Vita is saved, SS is the next Monster Hunter, Vita over 60k this week etc., whilst we claimed that this was a bad move and one which would only produce retaliation comments because of the outlandish nature of the predictions. This seems to be the case.

Whilst the Vita and SS drop is disappointing, it is expected. 

Also it only has 65 posts. 

Correct.  The response to the prevous two weeks regarding Vita being saved was far more vociferous.

I smell paranoia.

You people are surprised that the week of a price cut, plus a week with even higher Vita sales, that beat 3DS, and a big exclusive new IP had more posts? 

It's a sony fan conspiracy! (even though the thread 2 weeks ago was mostly non sony fans saying the sales were disappointing and the vita should have at least had 80k)

Yet I'm the paranoid one... Oh wait... he said he smelled paranoia. It must be comming off him.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

oh? Yeah maybe for week 11 but not week 12 imo. Vita next week should be higher next week in japan since one piece comes out! I think 42k

That's nice.  I'm sure you're right.  But I wasn't making a prediction, just interpreting what he had said for you :P

3DS! 3DS! 3DS! 3DS! 3DS! 3DS! 3DS! 3DS!

Wait intill you see a massive increase! Week 12 should do good but week 15(could be week 16) is going to be massive with SMT IV(This just to help a tiny bit) and Tomodachi Collection! Be prepared, that weeks sales will probably be better than >Vita for tha month of Apr!

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Wii U is probably back to being undertracked again. Wouldn't be surprised to see it adjusted up to 35-40k globally after March NPD numbers or quarterly fiscal reports.

Right here...

and this ....

and this...

pezus said:
tbone51 said:
Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Then why not? WiiU isn't going to be above 42k next week.

wii u should sell around 42k week 12