By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you mind Bayonetta 2 to be multiplat if you get Bayonetta on Wii U?

Tagged games:

Your Choice

Multiplat for both games 48 34.78%

Bayonetta 2 Wii U exclusive 90 65.22%

Total:138
VGKing said:
I think it just doesn't make sense that Bayonetta 2 is exclusive to Wii U. If the original game couldn't sell well on PS3/360 then what makes Platinum Games think it will sell better on a Nintendo console of all places? I know I'm very interested to see how this game sells as it could make or break future exclusivity deals on Wii U.

I don't think Platinum or SEGA give a shit since the money is out of Nintendo's pocket, it's most likely a business decision to attract people rather than trying to make a profit from Nintendo's end since the game was canceled to start with.

Around the Network

For my own sick-twisted ways, I never want Bayo2 to ever touch any other platform. That game shall be locked with Nintendo forever. Never to get great sales because it's a third party title!

VGKing said:
I think it just doesn't make sense that Bayonetta 2 is exclusive to Wii U. If the original game couldn't sell well on PS3/360 then what makes Platinum Games think it will sell better on a Nintendo console of all places? I know I'm very interested to see how this game sells as it could make or break future exclusivity deals on Wii U.

Well, SEGA was seeing it asyou, that's why they cancelled it for PS3/360. Nintendo paid to avoid the game is going to the garbage bin, so overall sales are not too relevant I think.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

i wouldn't mind it personally. but it would be a big fuck you to nintendo. they paid for this game and they even help Platinum on the game. AND they are publishing it....

JoeTheBro said:
Jumpin said:
You guys do realize that Bayonetta 2 is the equivalent of a second party title? The game is being exectutively produced by Nintendo, it won't be on any other consoles unless Nintendo licenses it to be so.

You do realize this is hypothetical?

Then consider your hypothesis refuted.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Mnementh said:
curl-6 said:
Mnementh said:
 As a gamer I want every game to be multiplat. We don't win with exclusives.

Yes we do; we get games that are actually tailored to make the most of a specific console, something multiplats rarely do.

You're wrong. That was true earlier, as consoles had really special chipsets. Today porting involves mostly compiling it for the new platform, testing, looking for framerate-drops and eventually adjust texture.-quality, effects and polygon-count. The only special thing are input-devices, but thats mostly not that important. Although ZombiU makes good use of the gamepad, I think it is possible to port it to different input-schemes. But the differences between CPU and GPU are mostly the power, and that can be adjusted to with graphical quality.

You get better technical results building a game around one console's hardware than porting, which is why the best looking console games of any generation are exclusives.

And input devices matter more than graphics. Imagine playing Wii Sports Resort with a dualshock.

RDR, resident evil 5, mirror edge,BF3,  assain creed, crysis 2, far cry 3 max pain 3 and rage  are all beautiful games on there own right, its just people will rave about the graphics way more if its exclusive so the could show off there console, crysis 2 would have been the best looking game this gen if it was hd and 30 fps locked easily.

ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
Mnementh said:
curl-6 said:
Mnementh said:
 As a gamer I want every game to be multiplat. We don't win with exclusives.

Yes we do; we get games that are actually tailored to make the most of a specific console, something multiplats rarely do.

You're wrong. That was true earlier, as consoles had really special chipsets. Today porting involves mostly compiling it for the new platform, testing, looking for framerate-drops and eventually adjust texture.-quality, effects and polygon-count. The only special thing are input-devices, but thats mostly not that important. Although ZombiU makes good use of the gamepad, I think it is possible to port it to different input-schemes. But the differences between CPU and GPU are mostly the power, and that can be adjusted to with graphical quality.

You get better technical results building a game around one console's hardware than porting, which is why the best looking console games of any generation are exclusives.

And input devices matter more than graphics. Imagine playing Wii Sports Resort with a dualshock.

RDR, resident evil 5, mirror edge,BF3,  assain creed, crysis 2, far cry 3 max pain 3 and rage  are all beautiful games on there own right, its just people will rave about the graphics way more if its exclusive so the could show off there console, crysis 2 would have been the best looking game this gen if it was hd and 30 fps locked easily.

There are many beautiful multiplats, yes, but to get the very most out of a system, the design of the game itself must be tailored to the specific quirks of the hardware, to make the most of what it does best. That's the big advantage of exclusives.

There is zero chance for Bayonetta 2 to go multiplatform. Nintendo fully owns the licensing rights for that title. People, stop assuming it will go. It's not the developers' decision. It belongs to Nintendo.

With that said, I would RATHER it went multiplat if it meant WiiU got the original. But yeah, hypothetical situation is hypothetical.

SW-5120-1900-6153