By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I hate those huge threads

Then it's working lol.

The reason those big official threads do so great is because only the dedicated fans bother with them. Trolling is non existent. Sadly honest people like you are a casualty of this strategy.

Around the Network

If you don't come here enough to follow a large active thread enough they you probably don't see anywhere near half the threads that are created here anyway. Some threads die within a few hours let alone a few days. Official threads that stay active are a really good thing as no one would make enough threads to cover all the news and if they did it would choke the site and they would all die shortly after creation. The Vita thread for example would be pumping out way to many threads and it would just invite people who want to hate on it. If you missed what was going on in a large thread it is your fault, not the thread. If that news wasn't in a large thread you'd probably miss it anyway.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

If it doesn't bother you then why did you create a thread about it?

You need to keep up with them and check them everyday

Unfortunatly I agree.

Around the Network

Yeah, I gave up trying to follow the Vita thread. Too hard to find anything.

I can agree with the Vita thread. It moves too quickly and a lot of the stuff is just...well I dunno.

But with other official threads, they tend to remain topical. I know with the ones I do I put the update in the thread title, and then update the OP accordingly with the news. So if you're posting and merely looking at the first page, it'll be topical.

Either that or just skip to the last page, really. Official threads rarely go off-topic because they only consist of people who own and love the game. At least in my experience.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I disagree.. it keeps the crazy ones nicely locked up into their own place.. you wouldn't want me to report every iOS news in a new thread would you?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I agree. They're absolutely awful, big and unwieldy and messy. And to make matters worse, the big threads actually harm the rest of the forum. That's why it seems so dead around here, because all the news gets dumped in one thread and no-one makes any new ones. What's the point of a forum if we all just post in one thread.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

I tend to agree. Sure it's nice to have a dedicated thread for various topics, but generally speaking, finding the info amongst the fluff is a nightmare. Trawling through pages and pages of posts is horrible. You spend more time looking for the post(s) that of use, than actually reading the post(s) themselves.