By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does the world even want a WiiU?

TomaTito said:
OdinHades said:
Things are looking really bad in europe for poor Wii U. It's price dropped by nearly 100 €, you can get the basic version for no more than 219 €. It's 10 € cheaper than the 12 GB PS3. But guess what console is always sold out. The Premium Version also dropped to 280 € and nobody wants it. All you see are big ass towers of Wii U, Demo Units with nobody who plays on them and the smallest game section ever, tacked on to the Wii section. Even the Vita is more present.

I think Nintendo got themselves stuck between the generations. They can't compete with the price and the games of PS3 and 360 and those consoles will be around for at least two more years. After that, PS4 and XBox 3 will be well established, leaving Wii U in the dust. I don't know if Nintendo can turn this thing around. A Wii U just isn't attractive to modern customers. It lacks Multimedia and has an online service that's far behind the competition. If you ask me, Nintendo has some tough years ahead when it comes to home consoles.

Although I was waiting for Dr. Mario U to come out before buying a family member a WiiU. Do tell where they are selling WiiU's at those prices.

FYI I got the premium version at launch for 300€.

I saw it at Media Markt in Frankfurt, Germany. but you can also get it at various online stores. It's actually cheaper by now. (Basic: 205 €, Premium: 270 €)

http://geizhals.at/eu/nintendo-wii-u-konsole-wiiu-2300032-a800724.html

http://geizhals.at/eu/nintendo-wii-u-konsole-premium-edition-wiiu-2300132-a800719.html

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

The question is: Does the world need new consoles? And no a personal answer isnt the correct one.
We shall see by this time next year.

BEHOLD!! the only problem with Wii U

when nintendo resolves this (which should be in the next 3 / 4 months) Wii U will be fine, until they do it won't sell, simple.

Is it that tablet add on thing for the Wii? That currently has no games?

Serious note, later half of the year can't come soon enough for it, I'm just glad that I have so many other platforms to play video games on lol....

Otakumegane said:
spurgeonryan said:
Otakumegane said:
Not now. Hell I have one and I don't even want it right now.

Come Tuesday and I'll be fine though.

So you are buying lego city? Congratz!

AMEN.

Around the Network
IsawYoshi said:
kolbykooz said:
The Vita is selling better than the Wii U. THE VITA!!

The vita has many big exlusive games already, the wii u on the other hand...

Yeah, I love the Vita! It's just doing awful

I make videos that are sometimes funny I think?

Check out my Youtube gaming channel here!

JoeTheBro said:
Well yes, Nintendo fans need it. However the majority of Wii buyers aren't Nintendo fans. The Wii U is just them returning to 64/GameCube sales.

No, Nintendo fans needed a new console, but not that damn tablet controller. They should have left that out and sold the Wii-U for $200-$250.

AnthonyW86 said:
JoeTheBro said:
Well yes, Nintendo fans need it. However the majority of Wii buyers aren't Nintendo fans. The Wii U is just them returning to 64/GameCube sales.

No, Nintendo fans needed a new console, but not that damn tablet controller. They should have left that out and sold the Wii-U for $200-$250.

So Nintendo fans are cheap bastards? No, at least I'm not. Also the tablet doesn't cost anywhere near $100 to include. Sure it costs that much to replace but normal game pads cost $60 to replace. That ~$40 extra cost is well worth it.

Nem said:
The question is: Does the world need new consoles? And no a personal answer isnt the correct one.
We shall see by this time next year.

Nintendo has not shown the world what the difference is in a new console so the market is at a stand still as far as next gen goes. When Sony and Microsoft offer something new with some beefed up graphics and newer experiences that take advantage of space and can push programming people will come. For now the Wii U is a hardcore Nintendo fans console, which basically means it was destined to sell what it has.

JoeTheBro said:
AnthonyW86 said:
JoeTheBro said:

So Nintendo fans are cheap bastards? No, at least I'm not. Also the tablet doesn't cost anywhere near $100 to include. Sure it costs that much to replace but normal game pads cost $60 to replace. That ~$40 extra cost is well worth it.

They should've kept the Wii Motes as the primary function of the Wii U and just called it Wii 2 or something. Nintendo needs the casual support or they will not measure up.