By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does the world even want a WiiU?

OdinHades said:
Things are looking really bad in europe for poor Wii U. It's price dropped by nearly 100 €, you can get the basic version for no more than 219 €. It's 10 € cheaper than the 12 GB PS3. But guess what console is always sold out. The Premium Version also dropped to 280 € and nobody wants it. All you see are big ass towers of Wii U, Demo Units with nobody who plays on them and the smallest game section ever, tacked on to the Wii section. Even the Vita is more present.

I think Nintendo got themselves stuck between the generations. They can't compete with the price and the games of PS3 and 360 and those consoles will be around for at least two more years. After that, PS4 and XBox 3 will be well established, leaving Wii U in the dust. I don't know if Nintendo can turn this thing around. A Wii U just isn't attractive to modern customers. It lacks Multimedia and has an online service that's far behind the competition. If you ask me, Nintendo has some tough years ahead when it comes to home consoles.

lets not forget nintendo missed out on 7th gen when it comes to online games, while ps3/360 have a huge established community now.

Around the Network
Galaki said:
WiiU is just walking the path of PSV, but much worse. No games. No sales.
Other than the packed NintendoLand, Lego City is is first game I am buying for WiiU since launch. That's how bad the software lineup for me is.

Damn!

spurgeonryan said:

The Wii is almost selling double what the WiiU is selling. The Wii was never about graphics either. People loved it for the exclusives. The only reason we stopped buying Wii's is because Nintendo basically stopped supporting it. 2010 was still a big year, then 2011 totally collapsed.

If Nintendo just would have continued with what they were doing, cut down on shovelware some, and fixed a few other things I am sure the Wii would be fine for everyone still.

cut down on shovelware?? People were actually buying those

The world wants a Wii U with 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, HD Zelda, and Monolith Soft's X, not a Wii U without any killer apps, which is its current situation.

curl-6 said:
The world wants a Wii U with 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, HD Zelda, and Monolith Soft's X, not a Wii U without any killer apps, which is its current situation.

now 2d mario is not a killer app, eveybody here including me thought it was a killer app before it launched, even nintendo thought it would sell them 5.5 million units by launch.

Around the Network

The world doesn't want another PS3/360 type console. Why pay $350 for basically a 360 with a touch screen controller when you can get the 360 itself for $200 and pick up a bunch of $20-$30 games for it?

Or why would you want this if you've already had your PS3 and/or 360 for 5-6+ years?

No offense to Nintendo, but Sony or MS or Samsung wouldn't be able to sell this concept either. Only Apple could pull this off.

ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:

now 2d mario is not a killer app, eveybody here including me thought it was a killer app before it launched, even nintendo thought it would sell them 5.5 million units by launch.

New Super Mario Bros is a killer app for parents  shopping for their kids, and they will avoid the Wii U because it's the most expensive console, so at present, it is not a killer app.

spurgeonryan said:

The Wii is almost selling double what the WiiU is selling. The Wii was never about graphics either. People loved it for the exclusives. The only reason we stopped buying Wii's is because Nintendo basically stopped supporting it. 2010 was still a big year, then 2011 totally collapsed.

If Nintendo just would have continued with what they were doing, cut down on shovelware some, and fixed a few other things I am sure the Wii would be fine for everyone still.

Nintendo dropped the casual gimmicks, thus the interest in the Wii U is nowhere on level. Nintendo always sells lowest if they arent in good with the casuals, look at the N64 and Gamecube. 

curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:

New Super Mario Bros is a killer app for parents  shopping for their kids, and they will avoid the Wii U because it's the most expensive console, so at present, it is not a killer app.

If NSMB can't carry Wii U sales, I doubt 3D Mario will fare much better. Nintendo basically better pray Mario Kart can save their butts because they probably don't have anything else this holiday.

Vita is selling well now (only in Japan, but it does) and we stop to make threads like this for it

hmmm

Click HERE and be happy