By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does the world even want a WiiU?

The world doesn't need the Wii U, but it's obvious that some people do. (At least half of the people who bought one wanted one. I would hope.....)

Anyhow, people will want it once this happens, "...People loved it for the exclusives."

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

The Wii is almost selling double what the WiiU is selling. The Wii was never about graphics either. People loved it for the exclusives. The only reason we stopped buying Wii's is because Nintendo basically stopped supporting it. 2010 was still a big year, then 2011 totally collapsed.

If Nintendo just would have continued with what they were doing, cut down on shovelware some, and fixed a few other things I am sure the Wii would be fine for everyone still.

Nintendo could've cut down on shovelware, but they didn't. They just wanted to seem like they had a massively impressive list of games. What they should've done from the start of last gen with the Wii was create a console on par with what the third parties were looking for so they could get ports, then their offerings could've been larger and more expansive. Problem is they never work with third parties, they force them to work for them. Third parties said, this is definitely a casual console and cashed in on making cheap titles for it. Nintendo did well for Nintendo to come out on top, but how long did it last? Four years and then it went stagnant. Thats what happens when you only pander to the casuals.

To hit on the actual point brought up by the topic poster. The wii's time had come to an end. In fact, it was living on borrowed time. The time for a new system was nearly here. However, the new system released is not what the "world" wanted either. The idea of assymetrical gameplay is amazing, and COULD revolutionize gaming yet again. But i think that the lack of horsepower in the wii-u is really going to hurt nintendo in the long run. If the old phrase "go big or go home" still holds true. I think nintendo went home.... to play by themselves. As for the side topic in most of the rest of this thread... 90% of the time i buy a console later in it's lifespan, and the rule for me is simple; show me 15 games i want, and i'll buy your machine. If not, i'll wait anoter 3 years and buy it used for 100$ to buy the 10 games i want.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JoeTheBro said:
AnthonyW86 said:
JoeTheBro said:
Well yes, Nintendo fans need it. However the majority of Wii buyers aren't Nintendo fans. The Wii U is just them returning to 64/GameCube sales.

No, Nintendo fans needed a new console, but not that damn tablet controller. They should have left that out and sold the Wii-U for $200-$250.

So Nintendo fans are cheap bastards? No, at least I'm not. Also the tablet doesn't cost anywhere near $100 to include. Sure it costs that much to replace but normal game pads cost $60 to replace. That ~$40 extra cost is well worth it.

They should've kept the Wii Motes as the primary function of the Wii U and just called it Wii 2 or something. Nintendo needs the casual support or they will not measure up.

now this is probably true. they should've kept it simple. Consumers like simple. Consumers ARE simple...and Nintendo have always been about simple whichis key to their success. Of course there'd still be no damn games for the machine either way, so it could 've bombed (so far, at least)even if they'd released a wii2. No-one wants a nice new shiny console with nothing worthwhile to play on it.They should've launched the machine xmas 2013 but of course they probably didn't want to go head to head with the comp. The machine was obviously ready even if the games weren't...clearly they were banking on their name alone to see them through and it hasn't worked. Oh well, live and learn eh?

They botched the launch and the name just causes confusion. The console will do better this holiday with a slight price drop, new games and a big PR push. The killer app will come...

Around the Network
oniyide said:
theARTIST0017 said:
People need to stop talking about the Wii U.

Why??  Its a video game forum, for a system that just came out, we SHOULD be talking about it, if we werent then that would be a real problem

I was over the top with my comment. Its annoying, when people talk about the wii u in a negative tone, but most people don't know what they're talking about or they assume things. Hmm oh well what can I do?

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

How I see it, Nintendo should realize that their only known for their IPs, why even continue making consoles if its really the games that gain the most attention. I say get out of the console business and continue to make games. Though the 3DS is still awesome btw

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

theARTIST0017 said:
oniyide said:
theARTIST0017 said:

Why??  Its a video game forum, for a system that just came out, we SHOULD be talking about it, if we werent then that would be a real problem

I was over the top with my comment. Its annoying, when people talk about the wii u in a negative tone, but most people don't know what they're talking about or they assume things. Hmm oh well what can I do?

So...kinda like how people were talking about Vita?

oniyide said:
theARTIST0017 said:
oniyide said:
theARTIST0017 said:

Maybe. To be fair I don't really go into the Playstation threads. But its seems like everyday theres a new doom thread on the Wii U. It won't stop until E3 comes around I'm guessing.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

theARTIST0017 said:
oniyide said:
theARTIST0017 said:
oniyide said:
theARTIST0017 said:

Maybe. To be fair I don't really go into the Playstation threads. But its seems like everyday theres a new doom thread on the Wii U. It won't stop until E3 comes around I'm guessing.

just the way it is, Wii U isnt the only console that got doom threads. Vita is in worse shape, but I dont let these threads ruin my enjoyment of it, hell im liking it more than 3ds right now (probably change when LM2 drops)