By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does the world even want a WiiU?

pezus said:

WiiU: I'm whatever Nintendo needs me to be. 
The World:Not the console we deserved but the console we needed. Nothing less than a must-have. Shining. 
The World: They'll troll you. 
WiiU: You'll troll me. You'll condemn me. Set the dogs on me. 
WiiU: Because that's what needs to happen. 
WiiU: Because sometimes the games aren't numerous enough. Sometimes people deserve more. 

*Looks at my profile pic* 

+1

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network

The Vita is selling better than the Wii U. THE VITA!!

I make videos that are sometimes funny I think?

Check out my Youtube gaming channel here!

spurgeonryan said:

The Wii is almost selling double what the WiiU is selling. The Wii was never about graphics either. People loved it for the exclusives. The only reason we stopped buying Wii's is because Nintendo basically stopped supporting it. 2010 was still a big year, then 2011 totally collapsed.

If Nintendo just would have continued with what they were doing, cut down on shovelware some, and fixed a few other things I am sure the Wii would be fine for everyone still.

Man, first the WIIU has to show his big guns, then we can talk. Remember when no one wanted a PS3? Thern came Killzone 2, the Uncharteds,  Heavy Rain, MGS4, Demon´s souls, GT5, and so many others. 

When the cool games arrive, people will buy it with a smile in their faces, be patient.

gigaSheik said:
The right question should be:

Does the world even need a WiiU?

Does the world even need humans?

Or anything else for that matter?

Answer: The world needs nothing.

@OP   If only 1 person on this planet wants a WiiU then the answer is  YUP!

BasilZero said:
JazzB1987 said:
gigaSheik said:

Does the world even need a WiiU?

Does the world even need humans?

Or anything else for that matter?

Answer: The world needs nothing.

@OP   If only 1 person on this planet wants a WiiU then the answer is  YUP!

So humans dont want humans? Makes sense.

You do realize that WANT and NEED  are 2 different words?   I hope you do.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

The Wii is almost selling double what the WiiU is selling. The Wii was never about graphics either. People loved it for the exclusives. The only reason we stopped buying Wii's is because Nintendo basically stopped supporting it. 2010 was still a big year, then 2011 totally collapsed.

If Nintendo just would have continued with what they were doing, cut down on shovelware some, and fixed a few other things I am sure the Wii would be fine for everyone still.

People loved it for its motion controls, and the n64, GC, and wiiu are proof of that, exlcusives will never be enough to sell over 40 million, with out great third party support, except for wii, which didn't sell cause of its exclusived but its motion controls which sold to a audience that never even really care about gaming, for instants, i bet everybody on here know none gameers that bough a wii and really enjoyed, like my sister and ex girlfriend, they both never cared about games but love the wii, and say its fun.

WiiU is just walking the path of PSV, but much worse. No games. No sales.
Other than the packed NintendoLand, Lego City is is first game I am buying for WiiU since launch. That's how bad the software lineup for me is.

Wii U doesn't even know what it is at this point. It's called a Wii-U for petesake, is it for 'we', or 'you'?

I think only Super Smash bros and Mario Kart can save the Wii U at this point.

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

If Mario Kart nor 3D Mario do anything significant in terms of sales then we will know for sure the world doesn't want it, but for now this is a question that doesn't have any specific answer.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Things are looking really bad in europe for poor Wii U. It's price dropped by nearly 100 €, you can get the basic version for no more than 219 €. It's 10 € cheaper than the 12 GB PS3. But guess what console is always sold out. The Premium Version also dropped to 280 € and nobody wants it. All you see are big ass towers of Wii U, Demo Units with nobody who plays on them and the smallest game section ever, tacked on to the Wii section. Even the Vita is more present.

I think Nintendo got themselves stuck between the generations. They can't compete with the price and the games of PS3 and 360 and those consoles will be around for at least two more years. After that, PS4 and XBox 3 will be well established, leaving Wii U in the dust. I don't know if Nintendo can turn this thing around. A Wii U just isn't attractive to modern customers. It lacks Multimedia and has an online service that's far behind the competition. If you ask me, Nintendo has some tough years ahead when it comes to home consoles.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.