By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The amount of negativity in almost every MS/Xbox thread is getting ridiculous

AbbathTheGrim said:
JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:
Pointing fingers knows know bounds. Some dude made a thread calling basically all sony fans hypocrites, despite only a couple examples from individuals.
Then Kynes basically saying "still too expensive" on the vita price drop thread.
A thread saying "do you think 8gb of gddr5 is too much", with a bunch of trolling in it regarding pricing and imaginary bottlenecks.
Trolling in the youtube thread.
Hell, my thread and jay's have put everyone on their toes. Go back a day before and look at Sony threads. Sorry, just because a dozen or so sony guys talk smack, doesn't mean we don't see the same.
Not to sound aggressive or anything, I know it's just your opinion, but it's a real aggravation to see this happening, and then see people not able to recognize it. Again, not your fault.

Developers are more important to me than Sony/MSFT/Nintendo. 

Seems you forget Sony/MSFT/Nintendo are developers themselves, their respective fans should care about them as well.

lmao no they are not.  Sony and Microsoft are publishers, not developers.  Nintendo is both a developer and publisher.  

Around the Network

You know the more you complain about it the more the trolls are going to target you right?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

BenVTrigger said:

Seriously. 

It seems like almost every time I go into a thread that has anything to do with MS at least half the comments are just bashing MS and Xbox.

Rare is a terrible developer

MS only cares about casuals

MS has no franchises

Xbox Live Iis a rip off

Kinect is dumb

MS fans only play shooters

I could go on for days.  A little criticism is fine as not everyone will like Xbox or it's games but it makes any sort of MS discussion nearly impossible in these forums.  People wonder why since the day this website started MS has always had a very small presence here and part of it is the constant endless downplaying of nearly everything Xbox related. 

1.) They certainly are these days, they are nothing like the old golden days.

2.) Not true, more casual friendly like any other consoles maybe, but not focused purely on them.

3.) They don't have ones worth mentioning, Halo is their most known one and nobody even knows what else is there for the most part on an average consumer level. I mean, when you say Age of Empires, who the fuck would think Microsoft other than the true strategy gamers? Age of Empires is the shit BTW, awesome shit.

4.) XBL Gold is a ripoff, but that's a known fact so who cares anymore? It's like saying the sun comes up from the east side from the on Earth perspective, we know it, but it's not like we can change it.

5.) Kinect on 360 is dumb, if they improve it for the Nextbox, then it has potential. Kinect works okay on PC, not great but ok, and if they have a good working PC/Nextbox version with drivers once the Nextbox is out, then I can see good things from it on Windows 8.

6.) MS Fans don't just play shooters obviously, the 360 is just a popular box for shooters, and most games have guns these days anyways, so shooters are popular anywhere TBH so that's like a 2008 argument, way outdated.

DigitalDevilSummoner said:

This sums it up nicely. Karma is a bitch !

No. Its got nothing to do with karma. Its got something to do with all fanbases having their fair share of scumbags.

Every time I view the threads it's nothing but obscure articles about microsoft lawsuits, or microsoft fans claiming how "microsoft is crushing all competition" in this sector or that sector. It's a little laughable.

It's NEVER about games lol. Never any interesting developer news, new ips, not alot of gaming talk. Not a lot of news I guess. Sony discussion is always alive and nintendo as well. Although nintendo is pretty bleak at the moment. Alot of death and sorrow.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
tonymarraffa said:
Turkish said:
Report what you think constitutes trolling, I can easily claim the same thing happens on Sony threads too.

Looks at name, shakes head.

?

report him

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

JayWood2010 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:
Pointing fingers knows know bounds. Some dude made a thread calling basically all sony fans hypocrites, despite only a couple examples from individuals.
Then Kynes basically saying "still too expensive" on the vita price drop thread.
A thread saying "do you think 8gb of gddr5 is too much", with a bunch of trolling in it regarding pricing and imaginary bottlenecks.
Hell, my thread and jay's have put everyone on their toes. Go back a day before and look at Sony threads. Sorry, just because a dozen or so sony guys talk smack, doesn't mean we don't see the same.
Not to sound aggressive or anything, I know it's just your opinion, but it's a real aggravation to see this happening, and then see people not able to recognize it. Again, not your fault.

Developers are more important to me than Sony/MSFT/Nintendo. 

Seems you forget Sony/MSFT/Nintendo are developers themselves, their respective fans should care about them as well.

lmao no they are not.  Sony and Microsoft are publishers, not developers.  Nintendo is both a developer and publisher.  

Do you really need to laugh at it?

Is there a distinction between owning first parties and being the company that gets the games out? I see it pretty much the same way. Especially when Sony/Microsoft first parties could have the same fate or worse if those companies go out of the gaming business which is what concerns me.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

theprof00 said:

well said

not that any hate towards MS is warranted, but lets not act like Ninty and Sony are exempt.

DigitalDevilSummoner said:
Carl2291 said:
The Xbox community gives just as much as it gets.

This sums it up nicely. Karma is a bitch !

I play my ps3 the most but the Xbox 360 has better games and graphics
But I still like the ps3 because of blueray internet and apps ghetto zone company has disappointed million on graphics and very high costs the playstion CANNOT BEAT XBOX'S GRAPHICS THE PS4 IS GOING TO BE LIKE THE XBOX360 GRAPHICS just wait and see people look at freaking previews of games u idiots it's once again bad graphics.

How funny is it. I found it on this site while looking for ps4 price predictions. I had to wait aes to use it.......... Worth it.

http://www.ps4playstation4.com/Would-you-pay-for-the-PS4

BenVTrigger said:

Seriously. 

It seems like almost every time I go into a thread that has anything to do with MS at least half the comments are just bashing MS and Xbox.

Rare is a terrible developer

MS only cares about casuals

MS has no franchises

Xbox Live Iis a rip off

Kinect is dumb

MS fans only play shooters

I could go on for days.  A little criticism is fine as not everyone will like Xbox or it's games but it makes any sort of MS discussion nearly impossible in these forums.  People wonder why since the day this website started MS has always had a very small presence here and part of it is the constant endless downplaying of nearly everything Xbox related. 

Ok, I can look at each of these:

Rare is a terrible developer: Is Rare even a game developer any longer?  It seems Microsoft pulls them out every once and awhile to do something.  But what is their last epic game they did?  They do seem to miss the magic of years past.

MS only cares about casuals: Well, it doesn't look like they are focused much on core gamer stuff on their own.  They have established franchises, but what do you see as a push in the GAMES arena with new IP?  Now it is milk Halo and Gears.  Oh there is the Forza series, but what else?

MS has no franchises: They increasingly moneyhat now third-party.  They lack new IP.

Xbox Live Iis a rip off: For those who want free gaming it is.  There is a degree of irony that the same person who praises PS+ will say Live is a rip-off though.

Kinect is dumb: Kinect is not working as one can dream.  It works for Dance Central, but other areas?  It isn't work as one would hope.  It doesn't match well to core gamers who want to play with controllers in their hand, and sitting down is an issue.  1.0 version of Kinect is pretty dumb at this point.

MS fans only play shooters: The bulk of sales are FPS type titles (throw in third-person shooters there), so this is a truism, but overly simplfiied.

While hostile and overly simplified, the complaints are in the ballpark actually.