By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The amount of negativity in almost every MS/Xbox thread is getting ridiculous

Carl2291 said:
The Xbox community gives just as much as it gets. This problem isnt exclusive to the Microsoft forum though.

As for the points in the OP, recent examples? I know there was the giant ban-spree over Xbox Live, but I havent really seen much of the others for a while.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5207501

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5206187

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5207713

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

It's a well documented fact that Microsophobia is rampant on this site.

That was a good post, but you know, that thread was completely derailed right from the start by an Xbox fan, who did his best to turn it into a flame war.  It's not at the same level, but look at this thread so far, a few of the replies from Xbox fans serve no purpose other than to bait the more vocal Playstation users.  It's kind of like picking a fight when you know you're outnumbered then saying, "see, we're being bullied!"

BenVTrigger said:

Seriously. 

It seems like almost every time I go into a thread that has anything to do with MS at least half the comments are just bashing MS and Xbox.

Rare is a terrible developer

MS only cares about casuals

MS has no franchises

Xbox Live Iis a rip off

Kinect is dumb

MS fans only play shooters

I could go on for days.  A little criticism is fine as not everyone will like Xbox or it's games but it makes any sort of MS discussion nearly impossible in these forums.  People wonder why since the day this website started MS has always had a very small presence here and part of it is the constant endless downplaying of nearly everything Xbox related. 

From my standpoint:

Rare is not as good as it used to be during their Nintendo days.

Knowing Microsoft and their marketing, they tend to go for the largest market with the biggest trends first and the hardcore gamer second.

Microsoft has less franchises than Nintendo and Sony when it comes to console gaming, just look at the 1st/2nd party support.

For some, Xbox Live is not worth the purchase.

Kinect did little to capture and retain the same hype as the Wii did while Kinect tech has only been best utilized in "dancing" style/type games.

Most Xbox 360 users I've come across in real life mainly play shooters.

It is really negative, or is it just the way it is?  I think it's just the way it is while these factors do not play high in my book.  Yet, for the typical Xbox 360 user, all this might be just fine to him.  Disagree with me all you want, anyone's right?  But if you cannot accept a reasonable viewpoint by deeming it as "negative," the negativity did not originate from the statement but from the source of the misinterpretation.

Nsanity said:
I never really understood the whole "360 fans only play shooters" because the highest selling game on the HD twins is a shooter.

The "Shooterbox" thing is likely because of how well Shooters seem to do on the 360. 14 out of the Top 20 Xbox 360 games are "Shooters". 16 of the Top 20, if you count GTA/RDR as Shooters.

According to VGChartz, the 360 has sold ~750 Million games at retail. They also have 276 Million shooters sold. Thats quite a bit over a Third of all games on 360 sold as "Shooters", without games like GTA and Red Dead that are a different genre so to say, with large shooting elements.

As a comparison, the PS3 has sold 143 Million "Shooters" out of ~650 Million units total. Thats slightly over a Fifth of all games on PS3.

While "Xbox gamers only buy shooters" as a statement is wrong, the numbers do indicate that a large portion of the 360 userbase is there for shooters primarily.

LivingMetal said:
BenVTrigger said:

Seriously. 

It seems like almost every time I go into a thread that has anything to do with MS at least half the comments are just bashing MS and Xbox.

Rare is a terrible developer

MS only cares about casuals

MS has no franchises

Xbox Live Iis a rip off

Kinect is dumb

MS fans only play shooters

I could go on for days.  A little criticism is fine as not everyone will like Xbox or it's games but it makes any sort of MS discussion nearly impossible in these forums.  People wonder why since the day this website started MS has always had a very small presence here and part of it is the constant endless downplaying of nearly everything Xbox related. 

From my standpoint:

Rare is not as good as it used to be during their Nintendo days.

Knowing Microsoft and their marketing, they tend to go for the largest market with the biggest trends first and the hardcore gamer second.

Microsoft has less franchises than Nintendo and Sony when it comes to console gaming, just look at the 1st/2nd party support.

For some, Xbox Live is not worth the purchase.

Kinect did little to capture and retain the same hype as the Wii did while Kinect tech has only been best utilized in "dancing" style/type games.

Most Xbox 360 users I've come across in real life mainly play shooters.

It is really negative, or is it just the way it is?  I think it's just the way it is while these factors do not play high in my book.  Yet, for the typical Xbox 360 user, all this might be just fine to him.  Disagree with me all you want, anyone's right?  But if you cannot accept a reasonable viewpoint by deeming it as "negative," the negativity did not originate from the statement but from the source of the misinterpretation.

Yes it is. It is in the context that the people in the thread want to disccuss topics like for example the next Rare game and that kind of post you mentioned derails of that purpose.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
Carl2291 said:
The Xbox community gives just as much as it gets. This problem isnt exclusive to the Microsoft forum though.

As for the points in the OP, recent examples? I know there was the giant ban-spree over Xbox Live, but I havent really seen much of the others for a while.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5207501

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5206187

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5207713

Thanks. I think we all know how to deal with posts like them

Carl2291 said:
Nsanity said:
I never really understood the whole "360 fans only play shooters" because the highest selling game on the HD twins is a shooter.

The "Shooterbox" thing is likely because of how well Shooters seem to do on the 360. 14 out of the Top 20 Xbox 360 games are "Shooters". 16 of the Top 20, if you count GTA/RDR as Shooters.

According to VGChartz, the 360 has sold ~750 Million games at retail. They also have 276 Million shooters sold. Thats quite a bit over a Third of all games on 360 sold as "Shooters", without games like GTA and Red Dead that are a different genre so to say, with large shooting elements.

As a comparison, the PS3 has sold 143 Million "Shooters" out of ~650 Million units total. Thats slightly over a Fifth of all games on PS3.

While "Xbox gamers only buy shooters" as a statement is wrong, the numbers do indicate that a large portion of the 360 userbase is there for shooters primarily.

12 out of 20 are shooters on the PS3.  Sony and Microsoft fans actually have very similar libraries.  And there fans are very similar as well.

Here is the difference.  MSFT fans seem to enjoy multiplayer and WRPG's more where as Sony fans seem to like singlerplayer and JRPG's more

Pointing fingers knows know bounds. Some dude made a thread calling basically all sony fans hypocrites, despite only a couple examples from individuals.
Then Kynes basically saying "still too expensive" on the vita price drop thread.
A thread saying "do you think 8gb of gddr5 is too much", with a bunch of trolling in it regarding pricing and imaginary bottlenecks.
Trolling in the youtube thread.
Hell, my thread and jay's have put everyone on their toes. Go back a day before and look at Sony threads. Sorry, just because a dozen or so sony guys talk smack, doesn't mean we don't see the same.
Not to sound aggressive or anything, I know it's just your opinion, but it's a real aggravation to see this happening, and then see people not able to recognize it. Again, not your fault.

tonymarraffa said:
Turkish said:
Report what you think constitutes trolling, I can easily claim the same thing happens on Sony threads too.

Looks at name, shakes head.

?

Turkish said:
tonymarraffa said:
Turkish said:
Report what you think constitutes trolling, I can easily claim the same thing happens on Sony threads too.

Looks at name, shakes head.

?

You know we love you Turkish!