By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The amount of negativity in almost every MS/Xbox thread is getting ridiculous

Carl2291 said:
The Xbox community gives just as much as it gets. This problem isnt exclusive to the Microsoft forum though.

As for the points in the OP, recent examples? I know there was the giant ban-spree over Xbox Live, but I havent really seen much of the others for a while.

Sorry but I respectfully disagree.

I spend tons of time in Sony / Ninty threads and while MS fans can for sure bash or start some fights the difference is there is still lots of quality discussion in the threads.

If I go into ANY MS realted thread at the least half the comments are downplaying anything Xbox related.  By no means am I saying MS fans are innocent but I will say the Xbox and its comminty are treated pretty negatively by the majority of this website

Around the Network

Must just be bitterness. Microsoft has beaten Sony for the majority of the generation, and maybe Sony fans (myself included) don't fully understand why. It makes sense that people would be somewhat resentful of their success at a low point for Sony.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

tonymarraffa said:
I agree. They must be doing something right they own the world's biggest video game market!

I think this is easy: they know they have a majority, they know that their (or the ones they took/read) opinions are backed up by many others and if one peeks out and says otherwise he will get the force against him. As easy as this. This is why they are repeating themselves and think their arguments/opinions/whatever are legit when they definitely are not. And considering this I am not surprised if someone gets banned for doing this and wonders why he gets banned - they just don't see what is wrong anymore. Fanboys as usual. 

zhao3gold said:
Calm down. This is vgchartz. There are much much more Sony fans and Nintendo fans in this site forum. You have to get used to it or just leave this site to avoid reading those negative posts aiming at MS/Xbox.

Not going to happen. Sadly.

Report what you think constitutes trolling, I can easily claim the same thing happens on Sony threads too.

Around the Network
tonymarraffa said:
JayWood2010 said:
Completely agree. It is beyond ridiculous. I can make a Sony/Nintendo thread no problem and have good discussion but if I make a MSFT thread I cant have any kind of discussion most of the time because of how fans of other companies comes in to bash it. It is annoying and something needs to be done about it.

I  proudly say I own all the major systems and I do have an Xbox preference, but I still love the exclusives on the other systems. It just seems like a certain group like to cause alot of immature shit.

Yeah I own all of them as well and it depends on what year it is on what i prefer lol.  Last year I preferred X360 and the year before that I was about the PS3.  For me, it all comes down to what is giving me games at the time and it is strange because they seem to switch back and forth for me at least lol  Although I do mostly buy multplatform games for X360 and PC because i like the OS and controller on X360 more and PC just has superb graphics

Turkish said:
Report what you think constitutes trolling, I can easily claim the same thing happens on Sony threads too.

Looks at name, shakes head.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

It's a well documented fact that Microsophobia is rampant on this site.

Signature goes here!

Turkish said:

It happens on all threads.  It's just  Xbox threads are plagued with these type of comments because there is so many more sony fans than Xbox fans.  I post those threads anyways bit it is annoying everytime i do the first comment is most of the time negative

I agree. But it's not just vgchartz. There are few sites I stay away from because of all the negativity towards anything xbox related. I joined vgchartz 'cause it seemed like the most reasonable. It isn't that bad in here.