By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The amount of negativity in almost every MS/Xbox thread is getting ridiculous

Meh, that's vgc.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
LivingMetal said:
BenVTrigger said:

Seriously. 

It seems like almost every time I go into a thread that has anything to do with MS at least half the comments are just bashing MS and Xbox.

Rare is a terrible developer

MS only cares about casuals

MS has no franchises

Xbox Live Iis a rip off

Kinect is dumb

MS fans only play shooters

I could go on for days.  A little criticism is fine as not everyone will like Xbox or it's games but it makes any sort of MS discussion nearly impossible in these forums.  People wonder why since the day this website started MS has always had a very small presence here and part of it is the constant endless downplaying of nearly everything Xbox related. 

From my standpoint:

Rare is not as good as it used to be during their Nintendo days.

Knowing Microsoft and their marketing, they tend to go for the largest market with the biggest trends first and the hardcore gamer second.

Microsoft has less franchises than Nintendo and Sony when it comes to console gaming, just look at the 1st/2nd party support.

For some, Xbox Live is not worth the purchase.

Kinect did little to capture and retain the same hype as the Wii did while Kinect tech has only been best utilized in "dancing" style/type games.

Most Xbox 360 users I've come across in real life mainly play shooters.

It is really negative, or is it just the way it is?  I think it's just the way it is while these factors do not play high in my book.  Yet, for the typical Xbox 360 user, all this might be just fine to him.  Disagree with me all you want, anyone's right?  But if you cannot accept a reasonable viewpoint by deeming it as "negative," the negativity did not originate from the statement but from the source of the misinterpretation.

Yes it is. It is in the context that the people in the thread want to disccuss topics like for example the next Rare game and that kind of post you mentioned derails of that purpose.

Exactly.

Im not asking everyone to agree or like MS but if theres a thread about a cool Xbox Live sale or discussion about what Rare could be developing next we dont need half the thread devolving instantly into XBOX LIVE IS A RIPOFF or Rare Suck and only makes baby games.

LivingMetal said:

From my standpoint:

Rare is not as good as it used to be during their Nintendo days.

Knowing Microsoft and their marketing, they tend to go for the largest market with the biggest trends first and the hardcore gamer second.

Microsoft has less franchises than Nintendo and Sony when it comes to console gaming, just look at the 1st/2nd party support.

For some, Xbox Live is not worth the purchase.

Kinect did little to capture and retain the same hype as the Wii did while Kinect tech has only been best utilized in "dancing" style/type games.

Most Xbox 360 users I've come across in real life mainly play shooters.

It is really negative, or is it just the way it is?  I think it's just the way it is while these factors do not play high in my book.  Yet, for the typical Xbox 360 user, all this might be just fine to him.  Disagree with me all you want, anyone's right?  But if you cannot accept a reasonable viewpoint by deeming it as "negative," the negativity did not originate from the statement but from the source of the misinterpretation.

But that bolded part is not the truth (In the sense that it means everyone merely play shooters). Every single Ps3 owner I know from Spain only have Call of Duty and Fifa, but implying that every single Ps3 owner is merely a shooter/sport gamer because of that is far from truth.

Turkish said:
tonymarraffa said:
Turkish said:
Report what you think constitutes trolling, I can easily claim the same thing happens on Sony threads too.

Looks at name, shakes head.

?

He believes your post, which is 100% true, means nothing because of your history. That is my guess.

Just ignore it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

theprof00 said:
Pointing fingers knows know bounds. Some dude made a thread calling basically all sony fans hypocrites, despite only a couple examples from individuals.
Then Kynes basically saying "still too expensive" on the vita price drop thread.
A thread saying "do you think 8gb of gddr5 is too much", with a bunch of trolling in it regarding pricing and imaginary bottlenecks.
Trolling in the youtube thread.
Hell, my thread and jay's have put everyone on their toes. Go back a day before and look at Sony threads. Sorry, just because a dozen or so sony guys talk smack, doesn't mean we don't see the same.
Not to sound aggressive or anything, I know it's just your opinion, but it's a real aggravation to see this happening, and then see people not able to recognize it. Again, not your fault.

I assume you are talking about Jay520 with his thread about all fans are the same.  

While that is true numbers make things look worst which is something you all seem to be ignoring.  I still think people should just play games and stop focusing on who makes the console.  Developers are more important to me than Sony/MSFT/Nintendo.  They all have amazing games on their consoles and all of them have cons but some people ignore both of those things and instead praise one console and then bash another.

As far as the Vita goes, it may not be successful but it is still a good piece of hardware with potential.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Carl2291 said:
The Xbox community gives just as much as it gets. This problem isnt exclusive to the Microsoft forum though.

As for the points in the OP, recent examples? I know there was the giant ban-spree over Xbox Live, but I havent really seen much of the others for a while.

Sorry but I respectfully disagree.

I spend tons of time in Sony / Ninty threads and while MS fans can for sure bash or start some fights the difference is there is still lots of quality discussion in the threads.

If I go into ANY MS realted thread at the least half the comments are downplaying anything Xbox related.  By no means am I saying MS fans are innocent but I will say the Xbox and its comminty are treated pretty negatively by the majority of this website

I think thats because of the size of the respective userbases. There will be more discussion in a Nintendo thread, because of the number of Nintendo gamers. The usual troll posts will be drowned out and shot down easily. The problem in Xbox threads is simply because there arent enough people in comparison to the other fanbases. The trolls are on the same level, but the discussion isnt large enough to drown them out and shoot them down.

The best thing the Xbox gamers could do, is ignore and report the usual suspects while continuing discussion. It will take time, but it will be worth it.

JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:
Pointing fingers knows know bounds. Some dude made a thread calling basically all sony fans hypocrites, despite only a couple examples from individuals.
Then Kynes basically saying "still too expensive" on the vita price drop thread.
A thread saying "do you think 8gb of gddr5 is too much", with a bunch of trolling in it regarding pricing and imaginary bottlenecks.
Trolling in the youtube thread.
Hell, my thread and jay's have put everyone on their toes. Go back a day before and look at Sony threads. Sorry, just because a dozen or so sony guys talk smack, doesn't mean we don't see the same.
Not to sound aggressive or anything, I know it's just your opinion, but it's a real aggravation to see this happening, and then see people not able to recognize it. Again, not your fault.

Developers are more important to me than Sony/MSFT/Nintendo. 

Seems you forget Sony/MSFT/Nintendo are developers themselves, their respective fans should care about them as well.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Carl2291 said:
The Xbox community gives just as much as it gets.

This sums it up nicely. Karma is a bitch !

I think some people's reactions in that XBL thread were ridiculous, that was an example of serious thread derailment and stupidity from a small number of Sony fans. A lot of the time though, Microsoft warrant the hate they get. You can't expect people just to sit there and remain quiet every time Microsoft makes a bad decision. I could repeat half of those sentences in the OP and say with a straight face that I haven't said anything wrong or offensive, I would just be giving an honest criticism. Another problem is there aren't enough Microsoft fans to drown out negative comments, so hating will seem far more prevailent than it is in the Sony and Nintendo section. At least nobody is collectively insulting Microsoft fans, hey?

This all will change in April, MS is just being a victm of generation fatigue, and Rare is having a hard time trying to relive their glory days,
However, if MS bring their big guns, and I think they will, in April, this all will change. The hollodeck (Ilumiroom) thing alone could make me buy the 720 if it is as cool a it sounds. Also, I am sure the specs will be impressive.
Now, it looks bleak, but everything will be about MS after April. And, XboxLive is down on prices, maybe the new console will rethink this issue too.

Also, Sony better have some aces up their sleeves, going first is great, but there is always the danger of being forgot first.
All and all, Nintendo seems to be the easier of the bunch to bash, their new console is out and not everyone is impressed, so, expect to see some criticism towards them through the year.
But, next month MS will make all haters speechless, so, hold on.