By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The amount of negativity in almost every MS/Xbox thread is getting ridiculous

JayWood2010 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
JayWood2010 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:
Pointing fingers knows know bounds. Some dude made a thread calling basically all sony fans hypocrites, despite only a couple examples from individuals.
Then Kynes basically saying "still too expensive" on the vita price drop thread.
A thread saying "do you think 8gb of gddr5 is too much", with a bunch of trolling in it regarding pricing and imaginary bottlenecks.
Trolling in the youtube thread.
Hell, my thread and jay's have put everyone on their toes. Go back a day before and look at Sony threads. Sorry, just because a dozen or so sony guys talk smack, doesn't mean we don't see the same.
Not to sound aggressive or anything, I know it's just your opinion, but it's a real aggravation to see this happening, and then see people not able to recognize it. Again, not your fault.

Developers are more important to me than Sony/MSFT/Nintendo. 

Seems you forget Sony/MSFT/Nintendo are developers themselves, their respective fans should care about them as well.

lmao no they are not.  Sony and Microsoft are publishers, not developers.  Nintendo is both a developer and publisher.  

Do you really need to laugh at it?

Is there a distinction between owning first parties and being the company that gets the games out? I see it pretty much the same way. Especially when Sony/Microsoft first parties could have the same fate or worse if those companies go out of the gaming business which is what concerns me.

I wouldnt laugh if it wasnt funny. It was though.  At least know a little bit about what you say before commenting.

Yes there is a big difference.  Publishers publish and fund the games.  Developers make the games.  Hypothetically if Sony went out of business what would happen would be that companies like Naughty Dog and Guerilla games would likely get picked up by a comppany like EA, Activision, Ubisoft, etc.  They would still have the same talent as they had before.  Publishers are all different though and might have different standards whether it be timelines or maybe even push for a sequel or a new ip.  But i will state one more time.  Microsoft/Sony is not developers and do not make the games. 

Sony was developing games before they were publishing them. SOE (sony online entertainment) is a developer and publisher.

Around the Network
JackReacher said:
Every time I view the threads it's nothing but obscure articles about microsoft lawsuits, or microsoft fans claiming how "microsoft is crushing all competition" in this sector or that sector. It's a little laughable.

It's NEVER about games lol. Never any interesting developer news, new ips, not alot of gaming talk. Not a lot of news I guess. Sony discussion is always alive and nintendo as well. Although nintendo is pretty bleak at the moment. Alot of death and sorrow.

I don't understand you. Microsoft has games, are you saying otherwise? ò.O

BenVTrigger said:

Seriously.

It seems like almost every time I go into a thread that has anything to do with MS at least half the comments are just bashing MS and Xbox.

Rare is a terrible developer

MS only cares about casuals

MS has no franchises

Xbox Live Iis a rip off

Kinect is dumb

MS fans only play shooters

Let me state the obvious:

Critisism based on facts is not hating ! Hating is talking shit out of sentimental attachment or something. For example:

Rare used to be the shit in the 90s / now they are developing kinect stuff.

Xbox Live is charging you to play a portion of the game you already paid for.

Kinect software did not live up to the gadget's success.

A hell lot of developers jumbed ship and almost only shooters sell more on the xbox.

Those are facts. It's not hating.

Dmick90 said:
LivingMetal said:
BenVTrigger said:

From my standpoint:

Rare is not as good as it used to be during their Nintendo days.

Knowing Microsoft and their marketing, they tend to go for the largest market with the biggest trends first and the hardcore gamer second.

Microsoft has less franchises than Nintendo and Sony when it comes to console gaming, just look at the 1st/2nd party support.

For some, Xbox Live is not worth the purchase.

Kinect did little to capture and retain the same hype as the Wii did while Kinect tech has only been best utilized in "dancing" style/type games.

Most Xbox 360 users I've come across in real life mainly play shooters.

It is really negative, or is it just the way it is?  I think it's just the way it is while these factors do not play high in my book.  Yet, for the typical Xbox 360 user, all this might be just fine to him.  Disagree with me all you want, anyone's right?  But if you cannot accept a reasonable viewpoint by deeming it as "negative," the negativity did not originate from the statement but from the source of the misinterpretation.

What's wrong with Rare? I don't understand why everyone has to hate on Rare these days...

"Knowing Microsoft and their marketing, they tend to go for the largest market with the biggest trends first and the hardcore gamer second." Uh HELLO, have you ever heard of Halo 4, Gears Judgement, Ascend New Gods, Forza Horizon, Splinter Cell Blacklist? The Majority of Xbox E3 2012 was nothing but hardcore games with a handful of Kinect games.

Many love Xbox Live and I have no problem paying for a service that is clearly superior to PSN or Wii. Remember next time you get hacked on PSN, you get what you pay for!

"Kinect did little to capture and retain the same hype as the Wii," Kinect sold over 24 million units which has eclipsed the original Xbox in sales. It's probably the most successful add on/peripheral for a game console of all time. That's pretty good.

Clearly superior? Really? Clearly the same with the only difference being Xbox having Party Chat. The same online play you get with xbox you get on PS3 and PC. Just facts

PSN getting hacked? LOL xbox gets hacked too. Next time you are buying Fifa DLC for some other user remember you get what you payed for

Glad you talked about Kinect and it's sales. That is how Xbox seems to declare success... sales. Until the other companies catch up and/or pass xbox. Then it's market share this gen compared to last gen. 

Wright said:
LivingMetal said:

From my standpoint:

Rare is not as good as it used to be during their Nintendo days.

Knowing Microsoft and their marketing, they tend to go for the largest market with the biggest trends first and the hardcore gamer second.

Microsoft has less franchises than Nintendo and Sony when it comes to console gaming, just look at the 1st/2nd party support.

For some, Xbox Live is not worth the purchase.

Kinect did little to capture and retain the same hype as the Wii did while Kinect tech has only been best utilized in "dancing" style/type games.

Most Xbox 360 users I've come across in real life mainly play shooters.

It is really negative, or is it just the way it is?  I think it's just the way it is while these factors do not play high in my book.  Yet, for the typical Xbox 360 user, all this might be just fine to him.  Disagree with me all you want, anyone's right?  But if you cannot accept a reasonable viewpoint by deeming it as "negative," the negativity did not originate from the statement but from the source of the misinterpretation.

But that bolded part is not the truth (In the sense that it means everyone merely play shooters). Every single Ps3 owner I know from Spain only have Call of Duty and Fifa, but implying that every single Ps3 owner is merely a shooter/sport gamer because of that is far from truth.

Yes, I'm just coming from my standpoint, and I hope I don't come across as if I'm making a gross mis-generalization.  When I meet people who game on the Xbox 360, I inquire if they've played Lost Odyssey, Beautiful Katamari, Ace Combat 6, Alan Wake, and Fable III.  Most have hardly heard of these titles while a few have played Fable.

Around the Network

JayWood2010 said:.

Sony is still a publisher.  Show me games that they have developed if you can say other wise.  not a studio that is named after sony that is specifically built to develope games.  Show me where they actually have developed something and it better not be a decade old.  

Sony is also a developer

Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios. Division of Sony Computer Entertainment 

theprof00 said:
JayWood2010 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
JayWood2010 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:
Pointing fingers knows know bounds. Some dude made a thread calling basically all sony fans hypocrites, despite only a couple examples from individuals.
Then Kynes basically saying "still too expensive" on the vita price drop thread.
A thread saying "do you think 8gb of gddr5 is too much", with a bunch of trolling in it regarding pricing and imaginary bottlenecks.
Trolling in the youtube thread.
Hell, my thread and jay's have put everyone on their toes. Go back a day before and look at Sony threads. Sorry, just because a dozen or so sony guys talk smack, doesn't mean we don't see the same.
Not to sound aggressive or anything, I know it's just your opinion, but it's a real aggravation to see this happening, and then see people not able to recognize it. Again, not your fault.

Developers are more important to me than Sony/MSFT/Nintendo. 

Seems you forget Sony/MSFT/Nintendo are developers themselves, their respective fans should care about them as well.

lmao no they are not.  Sony and Microsoft are publishers, not developers.  Nintendo is both a developer and publisher.  

Do you really need to laugh at it?

Is there a distinction between owning first parties and being the company that gets the games out? I see it pretty much the same way. Especially when Sony/Microsoft first parties could have the same fate or worse if those companies go out of the gaming business which is what concerns me.

I wouldnt laugh if it wasnt funny. It was though.  At least know a little bit about what you say before commenting.

Yes there is a big difference.  Publishers publish and fund the games.  Developers make the games.  Hypothetically if Sony went out of business what would happen would be that companies like Naughty Dog and Guerilla games would likely get picked up by a comppany like EA, Activision, Ubisoft, etc.  They would still have the same talent as they had before.  Publishers are all different though and might have different standards whether it be timelines or maybe even push for a sequel or a new ip.  But i will state one more time.  Microsoft/Sony is not developers and do not make the games. 

Sony was developing games before they were publishing them. SOE (sony online entertainment) is a developer and publisher.

They develope for PC, not PS3.  All the companies that is talked about on PS3 are developers.

BenVTrigger said:
My god

Most of you still dont get it..........

I'm not asking you to like Xbox. Hell for all I care hate the console with a burning fiery pashion. But respect the thread and the userbase. If a thread is called Rare might be working on a cool new game, is it necessary to charge inand scream from the rooftops I hate Rare and their games are garbage? No it isn't necessary and you added nothing to the conversation. If a thread is called sweet Xbox Live sale don't barge in ranting how its still a ripoff.

You aren't adding to the discussion

You are complaining about the trolling and bashing in MS threads, I get it. It's the interwebs though, and you will get shit like that because they are not afraid to get punched in the face over the internet. Making a thread like this helps with nothing for the most part, not that I don't enjoy replying for the hell of it. Just remember that logic and fair game gets tossed out when the punishment is only not being able to post for awhile or at all on a forum since there are thousands of them out there that those banned people can troll anyways. Ignore the shitty posts, and you'll have a much better time.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
stop acting like only microsoft gets trolled, its getting boring and old.

since i am in this forum sony was trolled cause.

vita sucks
vita no games
vita too expensive
vita sells like shit
ps3 2012 game are trash
sony is dead
sony psn network sucks and its not safe
sony fans are the devil

etc etc etc.

did we make thread bitching and complaining? i dont think so , you not happy report them and move on

To be fair, you don't see posts like that dominating every single Sony related thread. As exaggerated as it sounds, I would go so far as to say that Xbox fans are oppressed on this forum. lmao

LivingMetal said:

Yes, I'm just coming from my standpoint, and I hope I don't come across as if I'm making a gross mis-generalization.  When I meet people who game on the Xbox 360, I inquire if they've played Lost Odyssey, Beautiful Katamari, Ace Combat 6, Alan Wake, and Fable III.  Most have hardly heard of these titles while a few have played Fable.

I own Lost Odyssey, Alan Wake, and Fable 2 & 3. Also have played Beautiful Katamari. Do I serve you as a lead example? :3