By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The amount of negativity in almost every MS/Xbox thread is getting ridiculous

BenVTrigger said:
My god

Most of you still dont get it..........

I'm not asking you to like Xbox. Hell for all I care hate the console with a burning fiery pashion. But respect the thread and the userbase. If a thread is called Rare might be working on a cool new game, is it necessary to charge inand scream from the rooftops I hate Rare and their games are garbage? No it isn't necessary and you added nothing to the conversation. If a thread is called sweet Xbox Live sale don't barge in ranting how its still a ripoff.

You aren't adding to the discussion

I've likely spent more money on Rare than anyone taking offense to my comments. Hell I even bought Viva Pinata when it came out just to support them, and told all my ms friends to buy it. I understand your point, but sharing opinions about what a company is up to is not trolling.

Around the Network

I mean, I don't really see the problem here. It's an online forum about videogames, and Nintendo traditionally has the most vocal fan base, as they've been around the longest and have the largest amount of recognizable franchises. What is the solution to the problem, remove certain users to force the number of fans from each console manufacturer to be precisely even?

Get over it, already.  Just deal with it.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

DigitalDevilSummoner said:

JayWood2010 said:.

Sony is still a publisher.  Show me games that they have developed if you can say other wise.  not a studio that is named after sony that is specifically built to develope games.  Show me where they actually have developed something and it better not be a decade old.  

Sony is also a developer

Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios. Division of Sony Computer Entertainment 

That is PC, not consoles.  Do I really need to state that?  Sony publishes games on CONSOLES.  They do not develop them.  If PS3 went out of business the biggest change would be that those developers would go to a different publisher.

JayWood2010 said:
Max King of the Wild said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
Report what you think constitutes trolling, I can easily claim the same thing happens on Sony threads too.

It happens on all threads.  It's just  Xbox threads are plagued with these type of comments because there is so many more sony fans than Xbox fans.  I post those threads anyways bit it is annoying everytime i do the first comment is most of the time negative

this community isn't large and there is a healthy amount of microsoft fans out there... the difference between the trwo is MS fans have this victimhood mentality. EX: this thread, the thread Selnor got perma banned in and a plthora of others just like it. If they were to open their eyes they would actually see how healthy of a following they have. On to of that because of the same mentality the site had an exodus of 360 fans that are no longer here unlike ps3 fans who have been here since 2007. Blame the microsoft fans for abandoning you guys that your community isn't AS large as the others

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155905&page=1

yepp

And in that very thread i name quite a bit of people who havent entered that thread yet who are well known 360 fans who regularly post. I assume its because they cant be bothered by a thread like that like me who posted in it LONG after it was orginaly up and after I was pointed in it's direction. On top off that I name a whole lot of 360 fans who left because of the victimhood mentality Ex: sharky, legend11, starcraft, gebx, and selnor. And I can name a lot more inactive 360 fans from the old whove since left because they dont like the news that ps3 beats the 360 week in and week out after giving ps3 fans shit for the first 2 or 3 years

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
stop acting like only microsoft gets trolled, its getting boring and old.

since i am in this forum sony was trolled cause.

vita sucks
vita no games
vita too expensive
vita sells like shit
ps3 2012 game are trash
sony is dead
sony psn network sucks and its not safe
sony fans are the devil

etc etc etc.

did we make thread bitching and complaining? i dont think so , you not happy report them and move on

hm.. I believe there were threads like that, especially in 2007/2008 and replies often were along the lines of "don't be so defensive" with some mentioning the "SDF"

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
pokoko said:
JayWood2010 said:

lmao no they are not.  Sony and Microsoft are publishers, not developers.  Nintendo is both a developer and publisher.  

What are you talking about?

"Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios, officially abbreviated SCE Worldwide Studios, is a group of video game developers owned by Sony Computer Entertainment which was established in 2005.[1] It is a single internal entity overseeing all wholly owned development studios within SCE. It is responsible for the creative and strategic direction of development and production of all computer entertainment software by all SCE-owned studios, all of which is produced exclusively for the PlayStation family of consoles."  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCE_Worldwide_Studios

Microsoft is also a video game developer, especially now that they're working on Halo themselves.

343i is developing halo not Microsoft.  

Sony is still a publisher.  Show me games that they have developed if you can say other wise.  not a studio that is named after sony that is specifically built to develope games.  Show me where they actually have developed something and it better not be a decade old.  

Nintendo is the only gaming company.  Sony and Microsoft are enteraintment/Electronic giants who entered the gaming market with hardware but they still dont make the games.  That is why they buy 1st party developers.  Because they develope for them.

Honestly, I really don't understand what you're talking about.  These are wholly owned studios.  Their employees are Sony employees.  Because these studios have a name infront of them makes no difference at all.  I mean, SCE Santa Monica Studio?  That's the name, Sony Computer Entertainment Santa Monica Studio.

"Microsoft Studios is the video game production wing for Microsoft, responsible for the development and publishing of games for the Xbox, Xbox 360, Games for Windows and Windows Phone platforms. They were established in 2002 as Microsoft Game Studios to coincide with the release of the Xbox, before being re-branded in 2011. Microsoft Studios develops and publishes games in conjunction with first and third party development studios under their publishing label."  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Studios

I don't mean to turn this into a big deal, and this is the last I'm going to post about it, but you're wrong about this.  The studio names are just for promotional and organizational purposes.  Unless you're saying that the different studios that work on Microsoft computer software aren't really Microsoft, either?

JayWood2010 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
Report what you think constitutes trolling, I can easily claim the same thing happens on Sony threads too.

It happens on all threads.  It's just  Xbox threads are plagued with these type of comments because there is so many more sony fans than Xbox fans.  I post those threads anyways bit it is annoying everytime i do the first comment is most of the time negative

this community isn't large and there is a healthy amount of microsoft fans out there... the difference between the trwo is MS fans have this victimhood mentality. EX: this thread, the thread Selnor got perma banned in and a plthora of others just like it. If they were to open their eyes they would actually see how healthy of a following they have. On to of that because of the same mentality the site had an exodus of 360 fans that are no longer here unlike ps3 fans who have been here since 2007. Blame the microsoft fans for abandoning you guys that your community isn't AS large as the others

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155905&page=1

yepp

And in that very thread i name quite a bit of people who havent entered that thread yet who are well known 360 fans who regularly post. I assume its because they cant be bothered by a thread like that like me who posted in it LONG after it was orginaly up and after I was pointed in it's direction. On top off that I name a whole lot of 360 fans who left because of the victimhood mentality Ex: sharky, legend11, starcraft, gebx, and selnor. And I can name a lot more inactive 360 fans from the old whove since left because they dont like the news that ps3 beats the 360 week in and week out after giving ps3 fans shit for the first 2 or 3 years

All of those lists have grown.  The MSFt list added around another 8 people.  The nintendo and Sony groups is well over 100 now.  Go check out the team threads.  

JayWood2010 said:
DigitalDevilSummoner said:

JayWood2010 said:.

Sony is also a developer

Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios. Division of Sony Computer Entertainment 

That is PC, not consoles.  Do I really need to state that?  Sony publishes games on CONSOLES.  They do not develop them.  If PS3 went out of business the biggest change would be that those developers would go to a different publisher.

Sony has many first-party studios.  I don't understand the problem here.  All three console manufacturers have many fully-owned studios that make games only for their systems.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Wright said:
LivingMetal said:

Yes, I'm just coming from my standpoint, and I hope I don't come across as if I'm making a gross mis-generalization.  When I meet people who game on the Xbox 360, I inquire if they've played Lost Odyssey, Beautiful Katamari, Ace Combat 6, Alan Wake, and Fable III.  Most have hardly heard of these titles while a few have played Fable.

I own Lost Odyssey, Alan Wake, and Fable 2 & 3. Also have played Beautiful Katamari. Do I serve you as a lead example? :3

I own Lost Odyssey and Alan Wake also. Fable II & III are in my backlog...

theprof00 said:

I've likely spent more money on Rare than anyone taking offense to my comments. Hell I even bought Viva Pinata when it came out just to support them, and told all my ms friends to buy it. I understand your point, but sharing opinions about what a company is up to is not trolling.

I knew you had something special. I knew it from the very moment I met you :3