By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Age of Empires II HD - coming April 2013.

Tagged games:

I have this game installed at the moment, probably one of my favorite games off all time. ANd likely the one i spend the most hours. I had to download the game though, the original cd is so old that it doesn't install anymore. I kind of regretted throwing away the original box but the boxes of PC games back in the day were just to big damn it!

The price of this hd version is a bit steep though...

Oh and also... Rock On!

Around the Network

So excited entering this thread.

Then I watched the video...

It's a sad day to be an AoE lover. Those visuals are so underwhelming it hurts.

Now we just need an Age of Mythology HD and I'll be satisfied. Will there be a retail release or it's digital only?

Zappykins said:
pezus said:
Zappykins said:
Yea, especially now that it seems I will not be getting the new Sim City.

I do agree they could have improved the graphics.

But what is this? The biggest news Microsoft and Steam working together? That's like huge.

Is Microsoft going to buy Steam like Skype? I kept hearing that Steam and Sony were working together.

What even hints at that? >_>

That Age of Empires II HD runs Steam for it's mulitplayer options.   And that rumor Steam got rid of everyone working on the Steambox.

I'm just speculating, was surprized to see so much Steam intigration on a Microsoft designed game.  They could have released it on Xbox for Windows 8, but going to Steam is highly curious.

lots of EA , microsoft and Sony games use steam to run their servers.

Trying to milk it once more, I see. I won't pay 17 bucks for that.

Although I really appreciate the memories.

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
So excited entering this thread.

Then I watched the video...

It's a sad day to be an AoE lover. Those visuals are so underwhelming it hurts.

Visuals look fine to me. The high-res 2D sprites are looking nice enough, IMO.

I used to play age of empires all the time, but then transferred to empire earth .
I like playing these games against other players so this has me a little interested.

Zappykins said:
Yea, especially now that it seems I will not be getting the new Sim City.

I do agree they could have improved the graphics.

But what is this? The biggest news Microsoft and Steam working together? That's like huge.

Is Microsoft going to buy Steam like Skype? I kept hearing that Steam and Sony were working together.

Steam isn't a company, so definitely not.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

pezus said:
I would have thought Gabe's comments about MS and Windows 8 would hint that they didn't want much to do with them. 

I guess they're releasing it on Steam instead of Xbox because it might not profit if it was only on Xbox Windows 8. Still weird that it's exclusive to Steam

I think Microsoft have conceded defeat and GFWL will be retired shortly.

Deadlight, Mark of the Ninja, Toy Soldiers, Age of Empires 3 and now Age of Empires 2 are all Microsoft Games that released on Steam without GFWL.

The Win8 store is for tablets not PC games.

I'm using Win 8 right now and here is a screenshot of the games they are selling. Do these look like PC games to you?

I know it feels like hell has frozen over but MS has been releasing games on Steam for a while now.

So it basically the Gold Edition in HD , The last game of that type I remember playing and enjoying was Rise of Nations .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot