By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Age of Empires II HD - coming April 2013.

Tagged games:

GreyianStorm said:
I've been playing (a lot of) this on Gameranger recently, and been thinking how great it would be to have a HD version (with better servers etc).

I can not wait for this!

Gameranger, is that an online service to play multiplayer? I hope so, it would be so fun to have several VGCharters to battle with.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
GreyianStorm said:
I've been playing (a lot of) this on Gameranger recently, and been thinking how great it would be to have a HD version (with better servers etc).

I can not wait for this!

Gameranger, is that an online service to play multiplayer? I hope so, it would be so fun to have several VGCharters to battle with.

Yeah, but there can be some connectivity issues at times, because it's peer-to-peer.

Hopefully this remake will have dedicated servers.

Gameranger is free (there are premium accounts available, but I'm not sure of the benefits). If you download it and want to add me, my username is GreyianStorm on it, I think. It has support for hundreds of games (all the AoEs, Borderlands, Rome: Total War just off the top of my head). Most players on Gameranger play with the 1.0c patch for AoE2. There is also an unofficial expansion pack available to use through Gameranger, called Forgotten Empires iirc.

Bruxel said:

teutons were op as hell

Teutonic Knights were absolutely ridiculous, yeah :P

AoE II was great, but they could have done a better job on enhanching the graphics.

great news, maybe my favourite rts of all time but i think they should make a whole new aoe 2 and not only hd. everything like before just with 2013 graphics. 

Around the Network

Wow that looks terrible, and I'm not talking just about the graphics. The only RTS games that should be updated are DoW and SupCom.

Chrizum said:
AoE II was great, but they could have done a better job on enhanching the graphics.

I may be a minority, but I prefer the graphics like they are.

It's a bit of nostalgia and the fact that I prefer sprites over polygons in AoE for the "feeling" I get from them.

Then again, with enhanced graphics the remake would have been more expensive and may not have been given the green light.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I don't mind revisiting this. It is one phenomenal game.

pezus said:
Zappykins said:
Yea, especially now that it seems I will not be getting the new Sim City.

I do agree they could have improved the graphics.

But what is this? The biggest news Microsoft and Steam working together? That's like huge.

Is Microsoft going to buy Steam like Skype? I kept hearing that Steam and Sony were working together.

What even hints at that? >_>

That Age of Empires II HD runs Steam for it's mulitplayer options.   And that rumor Steam got rid of everyone working on the Steambox.

I'm just speculating, was surprized to see so much Steam intigration on a Microsoft designed game.  They could have released it on Xbox for Windows 8, but going to Steam is highly curious.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Yay! And now Blizzard do Warcraft II :)