By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Age of Empires II HD - coming April 2013.

Tagged games:

Isn't it sad that we as gamers look more forward to rerelease of a game from 1999 then todays games?

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

I still wish they'd do this with the original starcraft...

Since we're all suggesting RTS games that could do with the HD treatment - Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun would be my pick.

It still plays absolutely fine today, but I really dug the art design in this title, and think it would translate well into being upgraded. Plus, it's absolutely awesome.

dobby985 said:
pezus said:
I would have thought Gabe's comments about MS and Windows 8 would hint that they didn't want much to do with them. 

I guess they're releasing it on Steam instead of Xbox because it might not profit if it was only on Xbox Windows 8. Still weird that it's exclusive to Steam

The Win8 store is for tablets not PC games.

I'm using Win 8 right now and here is a screenshot of the games they are selling. Do these look like PC games to you?

Yes they do, because every game is, or will at some point be (possibly illegally), a PC game

RazorDragon said:
Now we just need an Age of Mythology HD and I'll be satisfied. Will there be a retail release or it's digital only?

Digital and Steam only.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

I am really excited for this game. I am going to preorder it now. And its at such a reasonable price. I remeber playing this game back in the day

I remember this game from my childhood.

Man, I stank.

Gamers are so easy to please. This HD remake of one of the best RTS games ever looks terrible, I won't get it.

okr said:
Gamers are so easy to please. This HD remake of one of the best RTS games ever looks terrible, I won't get it.

I don't think it was ever called a remake, more like a remastered version. And that HD pretty much means it'll run at HD resolutions out-of-the-box without mods and such, not that it's HD quality.

Zkuq said:
okr said:

I don't think it was ever called a remake, more like a remastered version. And that HD pretty much means it'll run at HD resolutions out-of-the-box without mods and such, not that it's HD quality.

Okay then, it's just remastered. Whatever. 17 or 18 easy bucks from tens of thousands of gamers around the world donated to the company that shut down Ensemble Studios just because they wanted to. As I said, gamers are easy to please. I'm not a Microsoft hater, I got a 360, but they won't get my money for this. The unneeded shutdown of ES is the one thing about MS I'll never forget.