By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 9 ( Feb 25 - Mar 3 )

HA! I knew Sony boss was talking about shipments, and not actual sales to the costumers!

Around the Network
BaldrSkies said:

Purchase survey for games releasing this week from one of the Japanese game news sites I frequent. If more than one purchase was being made it lists the game the buyer was most excited about:

Soul Sacrifice with a clear and present lead over anything else with 1504 votes. List is as follows:

Soul Sacrifice

Hatsune Miku Project Diva F

No Purchase this week

Far Cry 3

Tales of Hearts R

Crysis 3

Uta no Prince-sama

Legend of Heroes Zero no Kiseki (PSP best price ver)

Doraemon

If this is representative the VITA will sell lots of units next week too!! FUCK YEAH!

Go Vita it's your birthday, go party like its your birthday.

BaldrSkies said:

Purchase survey for games releasing this week from one of the Japanese game news sites I frequent. If more than one purchase was being made it lists the game the buyer was most excited about:

Soul Sacrifice with a clear and present lead over anything else with 1504 votes. List is as follows:

Soul Sacrifice

No Purchase this week

Far Cry 3

Tales of Hearts R

Crysis 3

Uta no Prince-sama

Doraemon

If Far Cry 3 outsells ToHR I shoot myself. Tales fans probably don't read this site.

BaldrSkies said:

Soul Sacrifice

No Purchase this week

Far Cry 3

Tales of Hearts R

Crysis 3

Uta no Prince-sama

Doraemon

Is it a famous site ?

This + amazon.jp top 3  : http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_ts_zgc_vg__morl?pf_rd_p=95606606&pf_rd_s=right-7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=637830&pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_r=0DHHPG868CQ8EN23X887#1

I dont get my hopes too high, i expect 50k, no more. ( considering the bundle with 2 games )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

saicho said:

and what else? PS3 has dropped 28% YOY (at the same week last year, it has sold 308K and sold another 900K for the rest of the year). He was saying it will sell 1 million units for the rest of the year with some big releases which means an increase for the same period last year. One Piece Musou 2 is not gonna cut it.

If you got the last year to date for the same week...

This year: 221,660
Last year: 308,385

The odd is that this week last year we had OP... so PS3 sold 65k... if we have at least the same number for OP this year we will see at least 260k for PS3 YTD. PS3 have no major release last year than OP... this year we have more games to make the PS3 hold the same sales than last year:

+ GT6 (if confirmed)
+ Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII
+ God of War Ascension
+ Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
+ The Last of Us
+ Grand Theft Auto V
+ Next Hatsune Miku: Project Diva
+ Beyond: Two Souls
+ Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
+ JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle
+ Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 Remix-

I didn't say these games will boost PS3 sales over last year but I'm saying it is hold the same sales than last year... of course bundles for GT6, Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII and One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 can put the PS3 sales over last year too.

PLUS the PS3 price cut in Japan this year.

I believe.

+FFX HD ;)

The Western games won't do much though, except perhaps GTA, which tends to sell well in Japan.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

ethomaz said:

Finally PlayStation Domination!!! The PacStation is eating everything.

over 50% :)

Finally. Very nice Vita numbers. Not a bad opening for Layton, either. It's a good week.

Has anyone already noticed the nice Vita numbers? Nobody?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

ryuzaki57 said:

If Far Cry 3 outsells ToHR I shoot myself. Tales fans probably don't read this site.

It's highly probable that Soul Sacrifice ate the Tales votes since only one vote is allowed and both are on the same system. Overlapping voter base. Inafune's new Monster Hunter is more exciting, and hyped up, than a remake game.