By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 9 ( Feb 25 - Mar 3 )

ethomaz said:
Heavenly_King said:
HA! I knew Sony boss was talking about shipments, and not actual sales to the costumers!
Near 4x the last two weeks = ~70k... so 62k is close to what he said.... not shipped.

He could easily have just meant last week by mistake, you know, Vita sold around 15k last week.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

He could easily have just meant last week by mistake, you know, Vita sold around 15k last week.

The two weeks prior to this Vita sold ~8k and ~12k respectively (rounded up).  Neither of these figures quadruple to make 62k; nor added together do they make 62k when multipled by 4 (I thought you were doing a maths degree! :P)

So yeah.  I have no idea what he was talking about with that figure really.  Shipments I guess.

BasilZero said:
Vinniegambini said:
Vita sales are okay. Hopefully they keep the momentum into March-April. I have high hopes for Soul Sacrifice - first game that might be able to do 100k first week.

I thought Persona 4 Golden or Hatsune Miku did that in their first week o.O?

Miku did 160k; Persona did 137k.  

I don't think Soul Sacrifice will do anything like 100k FW.  Won't even reach Senran Kagura's figure unless the stars align.

ryuzaki57 said:
saicho said:
ethomaz said:
With that weak the PS3 sales are over 200k for the year... just more 1 million to reach the last year sales... with some big releases it will be happen.

what big releases are we expecting for PS3 in Japan?

Project Diva F. First full Hatsune Miku game on PS3. It's a wild card but it can move some systems.

Damn, I totally forgot about that. Gotta go order.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

vita. not bad. not great.

i was hoping for more. it will probably drop below 20k quite soon.

Around the Network

I know everyone is focused on the vita numbers but hardware numbers for the PS3 look good, up about 7k since last week, any particular reason?

Dallinor said:
I know everyone is focused on the vita numbers but hardware numbers for the PS3 look good, up about 7k since last week, any particular reason?

People gearing up for Hatsune Miku this week?

Nice 3DS sales and little bumps to same games.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Kresnik said:
The two weeks prior to this Vita sold ~8k and ~12k respectively (rounded up).  Neither of these figures quadruple to make 62k; nor added together do they make 62k when multipled by 4 (I thought you were doing a maths degree! :P)

So yeah.  I have no idea what he was talking about with that figure really.  Shipments I guess.

No he is talking about sold and not shipped... the difference lies in which weeks numbers it used (w6+w7 or w7+w8) and what tracking service (Famitsu, Media Create or Dengeki)... eg. for the same week you listed the Famitsu had 7k and 11k.

Now look what the Sony boss said "改定前の2週間と比較するとPS Vita本体の売上が4倍程度になったことを" - My translation: "PS Vita sales is now about four times compared with the previous two weeks of revision".

Two weeks before the revision for me is w7 and w6.

Media Create: 8,044 + 8,762 = 16,806 x 4 = 67,224
Famitsu: 7,401 + 7,379 = 14,780 x 4 = 59,120

If Sony boss used Famitsu numbers then they almost match 59,120 (4x) vs 60,561 (real).

I just think everybody but some guys in GAF misinterpreted what he said .

Conegamer said:

Vita sold 12k in MC and 11k in Famistu last week.