By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 9 ( Feb 25 - Mar 3 )

ethomaz said:
Heavenly_King said:
HA! I knew Sony boss was talking about shipments, and not actual sales to the costumers!
Near 4x the last two weeks = ~70k... so 62k is close to what he said.... not shipped.

he did not said the sales were 4x the sales of the 2 prior weeks together.   He said the sales are 4x the weekly sales, 2 weeks prior the price cut.  And that is about 44k.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Dallinor said:

The top seller last week... over 300k... MGSR.

Dynasty Warriors shifts consoles and MGSR doesn't?

Every Dynasty Warrior game shifts consoles... Ken, One Piece, etc... the main serie boost is the worst... you will see what the One Piece DW do to the PS3 numbers.

And Rising didn't have that hype... just some MGS fans bought the game.

Heavenly_King said:

"改定前の2週間と比較するとPS Vita本体の売上が4倍程度になったことを" - My translation: "PS Vita sales is now about four times compared with the previous two weeks of revision".

Don't believe in weird translations in the internet.

ethomaz said:

Heavenly_King said:

"改定前の2週間と比較するとPS Vita本体の売上が4倍程度になったことを" - My translation: "PS Vita sales is now about four times compared with the previous two weeks of revision".

When did I wrote that? DAFAQ?! O_o

Deyon said:

Fuckin VITA!!! *Drops dead*

Beating the 3DS Won't be so hard now lololol

Seriously? It has a price drop and 3 new games, and STILL can't beat 3DS... Those numbers are good comapared to what it's usually pulls, but Vita is in no way on the way to beat 3DS. It might sell more one week, but the race is already lost. 3DS has sold something like 30m and will easily sell more than 15m this year, which means Vita has to do like 20m a year to beat 3DS...

And the numbers will drop again really soon. If not next week, the week after that. It'll do more than 10k/week from now on though

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Heavenly_King said:

When did I wrote that? DAFAQ?! O_o

lol I just erased the wrong comment in the quote lol.

You said

"he did not said the sales were 4x the sales of the 2 prior weeks together. He said the sales are 4x the weekly sales, 2 weeks prior the price cut. And that is about 44k."

I said

Wii U selling less than the PSP, damn...

Impressive for Vita. I expected slightly lower.

I wouldn't pop the champagne just yet, though. Vita jumped to 50k the week of Hatsune Miku, Sony fans started getting all excited and boastful and then Vita slumped back again. Although this is great, you can't say anything for sure until it manages to maintain good sales.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

From Gaf:

1 DS (2007-02-15) Professor Layton and the Curious Village 119,816 / 968,033
2 DS (2007-11-29) Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box 307,771 / 928,089
3 DS (2008-11-27) Professor Layton and the Unwound Future 360,778 / 862,967
4 DS (2009-11-26) Professor Layton and the Last Specter 301,290 / 659,504
5 3DS (2011-02-26) Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle 117,589 / 354,344
6 3DS (2013-02-28) Professor Layton and the Legacy of Civilization - 130.686 /

3DS (2012-11-29) Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney 135,450 / 279,633

now if Vita can get some more games to go with the price cut, we'll see Vita stay on its up swing.