By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Stranger than fiction: Is PS3 about to win the console sales war?

Lawlight said:
newwil7l said:
Wow I didn't think this thread was serious. People actually think the PS3 will pass the Wii? There is no way in hell it will. PS3 is selling worse than the Wii was last year. Come on people!

How embarassing for trolls to be making numbers up V_V

Seriously bro? You are the only troll here. It is sad that you are a member of Video game sales website and don't even bother to check the weekly sales (cold hard facts)

Around the Network

Lawlight said:

The Wii sold 4.4M last year.

VGC shows 5 million for 2012... anyway PS3 will not sell any numbers near 4-5 million this year.

https://server8.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/sidcmuqvl/sopq/p1/yearly/2012/Global/

ethomaz said:

Lawlight said:

The Wii sold 4.4M last year.

VGC shows 5 million for 2012... anyway PS3 will not sell any numbers near 4-5 million this year.

https://server8.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/sidcmuqvl/sopq/p1/yearly/2012/Global/

4.4M is official Nintendo numbers for 2012.

PS3 will sell around 12M this year.

ethomaz said:

crissindahouse said:

but to be honest, in 2020, people won't question anything because outside of a few gaming forums, even most gamers don't care about sales numbers. i am sure not many who i know in real life have even a clue about sales numbers of ps3/360/wii  not to talk about those total sales in some years.

ask people about ps2 and you will be lucky to find someone who will say a correct number and that is the best selling console of all time.

it's fun to talk about sales numbers with other people in gaming forums but in reality it makes not much sense^^ in real life people look at the financials if they have invested money in those companies or they care about their experience with the consoles they have/had but not about 100m or 130m consoles or if one console sold more as another one.

I'm pretty sure the press and companies will use the PS3 like the winner in this generation... and the world know the PS2 is the best selling console of all the time even my mum.

Nobody knows or cares which is the best selling. What people remember are awesome GAMES not sales of hardware. Genuinely, not as many people as you think knows which is the best selling console. Good for your mum, though.

I know I have not posted here in a LONG time and don't post as much as I should even though I come to the site EVERY day. But I must say I had to check into what newwil said and it turned out false. I checked every week from last year for the wii and the PS3 and compared them to this year and the PS3 is tracking above what the wii was in 2012. Not sure where he/she got it was tracking behind it from.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
sales2099 said:

Only this gen can the last place gamers act like winners.

I'm guessing you're referring to 360 gamers since they are inevitably the last place console... but yes, it IS fascinating.

Whoever is last at the moment (I basically see them at tie), both are not winners.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

theprof00 said:
sales2099 said:
theprof00 said:
sales2099 said:

I'm guessing you're referring to 360 gamers since they are inevitably the last place console... but yes, it IS fascinating.

But not today. So really, PS fans been counting chickens before they hatch since 2006. Sigh.

Just because other swimmers currently have more golds, we still know Phelps is going to crush them all in 9 of the final 10 events.

But we don't call him the winner of a race he came in fourth.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Stinky said:
Any "win" at this stage would be phyrric at best.

According to your avatar I first thought you were pezus and wondered about the content of the post.

ethomaz said:

lol just wait guys... just wait... I will serve a lot of crow in this thread

Nice that you say that. Nice also, that you ignore my offer of a bet based on your own prediction that PS3 will overtake the Wii. Seems you don't trust your own prediction enough. And don't say you didn't see my bet-offer, I quoted you directly so it was marked in your forum-buddy. platformmaster took the bet in your place.

Mnementh said:
theprof00 said:
sales2099 said:
theprof00 said:
sales2099 said:

But not today. So really, PS fans been counting chickens before they hatch since 2006. Sigh.

Just because other swimmers currently have more golds, we still know Phelps is going to crush them all in 9 of the final 10 events.

But we don't call him the winner of a race he came in fourth.

Not sure you got the metaphor. The consoles are still selling, therefore the race isn't over. You're kidding yourself if you don't think ps3 is going to pass 360. The only question is the timeframe. A fair few people here seem to think that sales past a certain point in time don't count. Perhaps you're one of them?